• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Fair.. or not.. It's happening

I'm not saying that I think it will be justified or deserved, but you can bet your last dollar that in publications everywhere starting tomorrow when critics crown their "winners and losers" of the draft, the Buffalo Bills will be listed high among the losers.

Writers I saw tonight and people I talked to, at best are puzzled by the Bills draft.

You're probably going to read like a broken record over and over that the Bills two biggest needs coming into the draft were left tackle and quarterback, and they addressed neither in the first three rounds.

Spiller will be penned as a great talent, but too much of a "luxury" pick for a team that had so many other pressing needs and running back was anything but a position of weakness.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Fair.. or not.. It's happening

ehhh, i think were all used to it

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Pretty fair assessment on the 1st round pick.

But Troup and Carrington were also definite needs just as much as O-line.

Comment

• Jamiezzz
        • Jan 2010

f#ck 'em!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

i said luxury last night but i get the pick

today the bills did very well towards building our front seven

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

This team was ****, we had to build for scratch essentially.

Comment

• Commissioner
              • Dec 2004

Mark my words.... Trent Edwards will be a pleasant surprise this year.
              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

A couple years will tell who the losers/winners are. All anyones doing right now is talking out their ass because nobody knows.

Last time I checked if writers knew how to run a football team they wouldn't be writing.
                Last edited by TacklingDummy; 04-23-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jamiezzz
                  f#ck 'em!!!!
                  That is EXACTLY what Buddy Nix thinks/feels/says on his own. This guy turns in his card about 17 seconds after we're on the clock. We might be starting over in 4 years, but I can't knock decisiveness.
                  Last edited by realdealryan; 04-23-2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                    • Sep 2008

Who cares what they think. When this run defense is improved and we have the OROY then what can they say then? GO BILLS

Comment

• cpearl
                      • Mar 2005

It's not like we were one QB and an LT away from the Super Bowl. This team has very little talent. Fred Jackson is not a great player, Spiller very likely will be. We found a pure 3-4 tackle - which we didn't have - to split plays with Williams. And we got a raw, athletic freak to rotate in at DE - a position we have only 1 true 3-4 DE at (Dwan Edwards).

Based on what we needed, we drafted properly.

And just because we have an average to above-average player at RB, doesn't mean you don't try to draft a great one. Average players don't win Championships.
                      Last edited by cpearl; 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Firstly, I didnt say writers know more than GM's or anything along those lines.. I simply said how its' going to be reported.

I have no problem with this draft (at least for the most part) to this point.

Having said that, if the bills were listed as "draft day winners" at the of everyone's list the majority of you would love it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ct bills fan
                          • Jul 2002

who cares what writers write. A draft can be fairly judged until 3 years out anyway. If we grab a good tackle in rd 4, like Campbell then I'm thrilled.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

The last regime totally screwed this roster. We took one DT and one LB in the first 3 rounds while they were here, two if you want to count Maybin. Our front 7 was piss poor, let them say whatever they want. We picked up some bodies today, whether they can play or not remains to be seen, but at least we're filling holes.

Most of these guys had Campbell as a 2nd round pick, if we pick this guy up tomorrow (don't really care if we do or don't), they'll be waxing poetic even though he may be straight trash on the field.

Sexy names get you headlines. Lets make headlines by winning.

Remember when the Pats drafted Mankins in the first? No one said a word because they win. What about Vollmer, again no one said a word even though the "gurus" had him going much later.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Agreed, Pat. QB and LT are widely perceived as the Bills' most accute needs and neither has been addressed to this point. The probably are among the team's greatest needs, but nose tackle was too, and the guys penciled in at defensive end (besides Dwan Edwards) are guys more accustomed to playing a 4-3 defensive tackle.

The media will punish the Bills for not taking a QB or LT. Moreover, Torell Troup was not regarded as the best 3-4 NT still available. Cam Thomas and Linval Joseph both garnered more media accolades than Troup. Sometimes the media judgement turns out to be correct, but not always. Sometimes the Bills actually do make the smarter decision even when it's not popular. I don't usually try to grade the Bills draft myself. I think the way the season plays out does the best job of grading the Bills' draft. It's not been good enough in recent years. It probably won't turn out to be good enough this year. Hopefully when all is said and done it will at least start to look like a step in the right direction.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X