X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VeggieMan14
    • Jan 2008

A lot of talk about what we suck at

What about what we expect to be good at this year... Ii, for one think our pass defense has potential to be one of the best in the league what do you guys think
    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: A lot of talk about what we suck at

If we have some sort of pass rush our pass D could be pretty damn good and fun...

This offseaosn is going ot be interesting. My feeling is Chan is going to be a HC that can actually get this franchise to play liek an NFL caliber team

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
      What about what we expect to be good at this year... Ii, for one think our pass defense has potential to be one of the best in the league what do you guys think
      All depends on the pressure they get on the QB. Any secondary can look good with pressure. I don't have much faith in Schobel, Denney, Kelsay and Maybin to bring the heat.

Comment

• delectrolux
        • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        All depends on the pressure they get on the QB. Any secondary can look good with pressure. I don't have much faith in Schobel, Denney, Kelsay and Maybin to bring the heat.
        Yeah, but our secondary looked pretty good with absolutely no QB pressure the last two years... I actually think we're going to be good at stopping the run this year too.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

even if these rookies take, the defense will be short of a real rotation. i have high hopes, but i won't be surprised if they are bad.

I'm interested to see how gailey plans to run with this bad line. I want to see how they get the QB's heads on straight. Iwant to see how the play calling is going to be imaginative after years of run run pass. how is he going to deal with 8 men in the box?

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Well Denney is gone.

Comment

• Prov401
              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
              • Aug 2008

I think alot of people overate our secondary. McGee gets burned quite alot, and McKelvin is coming off a serious leg injury. I feel comfortable with our safeties in Whitner, Byrd, and Wilson. I'm very interested in seeing what Lankster does in training camp/preseason play. I think Florence should start opposite of McGee to start the year.

I really like our defense overall. I think we have the potential of breaking the top 10 this year, as we were 19th last year. I am really looking forward to this kid Carrington. I think he's going to be a force. I hope we get rid of Mitchell, but have a feeling we're not going to.

I think our starters on D are going to be: Carrington, Troup, Stroud. Davis, Poz, Moats, Mitchell. Whitner, Byrd, Florence, McGee.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Run and stop the run!

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                  I think alot of people overate our secondary. McGee gets burned quite alot, and McKelvin is coming off a serious leg injury. I feel comfortable with our safeties in Whitner, Byrd, and Wilson. I'm very interested in seeing what Lankster does in training camp/preseason play. I think Florence should start opposite of McGee to start the year.

I really like our defense overall. I think we have the potential of breaking the top 10 this year, as we were 19th last year. I am really looking forward to this kid Carrington. I think he's going to be a force. I hope we get rid of Mitchell, but have a feeling we're not going to.

I think our starters on D are going to be: Carrington, Troup, Stroud. Davis, Poz, Moats, Mitchell. Whitner, Byrd, Florence, McGee.
                  Our secondary isn't only one of the best in the league, but we're deep across the board. 2nd in INTs (28) and TDs allowed (14). People will say this and that doesn't matter because teams just ran the ball on us, but that actually makes the team's INT total more impressive.

Opposing average QB rating for the whole pass D - 61.1 - 2nd best in the league.

Opposing average QB comp % - 56.8% - 3rd best in the league.

Only allowed 34 plays of 20+ yds as a total D - tied for 3rd best in the league, and only 5 plays of 40+ yds, also tied for 3rd best.

Teams threw the ball 519 times against us, about middle of the pack - only one D saw more than 600 passes thrown against them, so the numbers really aren't inflated. Teams actually threw at us more in 09 than in 08, and did much worse against us. They also only allowed 14 passing TDs in 2008, this unit has been solid for a while.

Comment

• Griff
                    • Jul 2008

our pass defense was fantastic last year, we shut down just about every QB including Brees. We'll have 2 good backs, and 1 possibly good back (if he gets his head back in the game), and we should have a MUCH improved run defense. I think we'll have a low top 10 defense (9th ovr), and a mid range offense. We don't have an easy schedule so I'm expecting anything from 5-11 to 8-8. If we have a .500+ season, playoffs or not, I'll be very happy with the direction of the team.

Comment

• Griff
                      • Jul 2008

good stats JC.

I think Byrd and McKelvin are key this year, if Byrd can avoid a sophomore slump we'll be great against the pass again.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I'm more concerned about our secondary than I am our front seven at this point. I also think they are a little bit over-rated.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                          The big question there is where is the pass rush coming from? If Schobel retires then there are no proven pass rushers on the team.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by EDS
                            The big question there is where is the pass rush coming from? If Schobel retires then there are no proven pass rushers on the team.
                            in a 3-4 you never know where the rushers will come from, and thats the beauty of it!! WOOO!!!

seriously though, i think 3-4 helps manufacture pressure....id be willing to bet we improve our sack # quite a bit and if Maybin can step up as an OLB, i think we could drastically improve those numbers.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

You know what sucked? Having Dick Jauron as our head coach. At least we don't suck at that anymore.

We have a good stable of running backs that have the potential to be fantastic.

A little ray of hope: Buffalo is a really young team, and at least a few players are bound to develop well for us. Byrd, Levitre, Wood, McKelvin, Nelson, and a sizable crop of good prospects from a really deep draft class will all get a chance to show us something this year.

And our punter, as always, will be one of the best in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X