How well do you Think the Bills are Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

How well do you Think the Bills are Doing?

Just about every year a team takes a huge reach, and the homers on that team find a way to justify that pick while it is obvious to everyone else that the pick was bad. Sometimes these picks are so bad that even average fans that only look at mock drafts would not make the same mistake.

This year it was Jax selecting Alualu (sp) who I think will be a good player, but deffintaly not top 10 talent this yr. Last year it was the Raiders taking a speedy wr that was not top 10 material. These mistakes were obvious to all but homers that justify the picks.

A few years ago the Bills did the same thing taking Whittner (sp) a player no one had in the top 10. Bills homers justified the pick agruing that he could become a great player... and kept justifying it for years, until the Reality Set in. He is average! We could of had a Top DT - consensus was that he was a better player.

This year we reach w/the Troup Pick. Most GM had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder! We took him in the second ahead of Cody, who most experst had rated much higher. Now Bills fans are justifying the pick and critizing the media. You will be doing this for 3 more years, until it is appeart that it was a bad pick, then justify the bad pick by arguing that hiegn sight is only 20/20.

Why is that even after 10yrs of bad football we Bills fans can not call a spade a spade and realize when bad football decisions are being made? Why do you have to wait 3-5yrs until it is appearent, why is it obvious to everyone but us?

Jouron was an obviously bad hire, some on this board critized it many justified it!
    Gaily is an even worse hire, and only a few crisized it and many more justified it?

Is false hope that impartant, that you are not even willing to call a spade a spade?

SO in being honest with yourself, for a second, how well are the Bills doing this offseason. What do you think about their 2nd rd pick, would you have made same pick as GM? And would you have hired Gaily?
    Please Make Sense
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: How well do you Think the Bills are Doing?

The answer will come at the conclusion of Jan 2nd.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I am behind Troup all the way. They had their choice of a couple good NTs and chose him. He fits their Defense very well. I suppose you could call him a reach but then you would have to own a crystal ball to know that no other team would have selected him before our next pick. Since that is impossible I don't see why the need to second guess at this juncture. If he is a terrible player then sure question the pick all day, but to do so now is idiotic IMO.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mike
        Just about every year a team takes a huge reach, and the homers on that team find a way to justify that pick while it is obvious to everyone else that the pick was bad. Sometimes these picks are so bad that even average fans that only look at mock drafts would not make the same mistake.

This year it was Jax selecting Alualu (sp) who I think will be a good player, but deffintaly not top 10 talent this yr. Last year it was the Raiders taking a speedy wr that was not top 10 material. These mistakes were obvious to all but homers that justify the picks.

A few years ago the Bills did the same thing taking Whittner (sp) a player no one had in the top 10. Bills homers justified the pick agruing that he could become a great player... and kept justifying it for years, until the Reality Set in. He is average! We could of had a Top DT - consensus was that he was a better player.

This year we reach w/the Troup Pick. Most GM had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder! We took him in the second ahead of Cody, who most experst had rated much higher. Now Bills fans are justifying the pick and critizing the media. You will be doing this for 3 more years, until it is appeart that it was a bad pick, then justify the bad pick by arguing that hiegn sight is only 20/20.

Why is that even after 10yrs of bad football we Bills fans can not call a spade a spade and realize when bad football decisions are being made? Why do you have to wait 3-5yrs until it is appearent, why is it obvious to everyone but us?

Jouron was an obviously bad hire, some on this board critized it many justified it!
        Gaily is an even worse hire, and only a few crisized it and many more justified it?

Is false hope that impartant, that you are not even willing to call a spade a spade?

SO in being honest with yourself, for a second, how well are the Bills doing this offseason. What do you think about their 2nd rd pick, would you have made same pick as GM? And would you have hired Gaily?

you can say this about 90% of draft picks. And thats what fans do..we rally around our team..MOST of us dont salt over what coulda shoulda been. I apoligze for being a fan and liking who we pick! GO HOME

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

You don't have a clue what "most GM" were thinking. And there are no other "experts."
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboty were good value when we drafted them. Look how that turned out. The Draft is a crapshoot for the most part especially when comparing with a Mock Draft.
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

There's no way Troup ends up lasting until the 3rd or 4th. Look at the run on DTs after we take him. 4 DTs go. And like 2 of those teams were 3-4 defense teams. Troup would have been long gone and we would have ended up with a lesser NT. Considering we currently have Kyle Williams - and although the coaches seem to like him, he is MOST DEFINITELY not suited for a NT position. He will help on passing downs since he's more of a penetrator than a space clogger, but we absolutely needed a top NT. And with Williams gone, and Cody being an absolute risk, the FO grabbed the next best guy.

I don't have a problem with that.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                You don't have a clue what "most GM" were thinking. And there are no other "experts."
                Yep the GMs are the only experts that count. The Kipers, Mcshays of the world mean nothing.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                  • Jan 2010

first and foremost we have to look at who was in charge the past 10 years...

donahoe and levy/jaroun...

buddy nix comes here 2 years ago and we had our best draft in 10 years with wood, levitre, byrd and nelson... maybin was a jaroun pick.... doesnt mean maybin cant be good, he is explosive, but the jury is still out and he must produce this year and get some sacks...its on record that maybin was not a nix pick...

now time will only tell but the one thing you can see is that the bills drafted very big strong players -(troup, carrington, wang, moats, batten, calloway)... we didnt draft one db... and im betting that even if our secondary was just avg nix still would have drafted mostly lineman... thats a big change in philosophy... i dont agree that troup was a reach, because ive seen the tape, he is cody without the blubber and fat... he is basically a clone of wilfork...

lastly our success the last 10 years has been hindered for one big reason... we have no qb! if you put tom brady on this team everything would be different...so next year if edwards cant improve with a real offensive coordinator then the biggest pick nix will be judged on will be the qb pick next year, whether it be locker devlin or mallett...

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

For what it's worth Dallas apparently had him as a 4th. I'm not saying we should have tried to get him in the 3rd, we HAD to have a good NT out of this draft. But I really doubt trading down 10-12 slots would have been a problem.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                      you can say this about 90% of draft picks. And thats what fans do..we rally around our team..MOST of us dont salt over what coulda shoulda been. I apoligze for being a fan and liking who we pick! GO HOME
                      Everytime someone posts anything that asks or states an opinion that comes across as questioning the Bills or doubting in any way what they do this is the response you get. Cracks me up every time.

Im sure you would like every poster on the board to have the same opinions as you and this would be just one big place for rah rah and high fives
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                        first and foremost we have to look at who was in charge the past 10 years...

donahoe and levy/jaroun...

buddy nix comes here 2 years ago and we had our best draft in 10 years with wood, levitre, byrd and nelson... maybin was a jaroun pick.... doesnt mean maybin cant be good, he is explosive, but the jury is still out and he must produce this year and get some sacks...its on record that maybin was not a nix pick...

now time will only tell but the one thing you can see is that the bills drafted very big strong players -(troup, carrington, wang, moats, batten, calloway)... we didnt draft one db... and im betting that even if our secondary was just avg nix still would have drafted mostly lineman... thats a big change in philosophy... i dont agree that troup was a reach, because ive seen the tape, he is cody without the blubber and fat... he is basically a clone of wilfork...

lastly our success the last 10 years has been hindered for one big reason... we have no qb! if you put tom brady on this team everything would be different...so next year if edwards cant improve with a real offensive coordinator then the biggest pick nix will be judged on will be the qb pick next year, whether it be locker devlin or mallett...

I could be wrong but isn't this Nix first year?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
                          I could be wrong but isn't this Nix first year?
                          As GM but he was a scout/consultant for the team last season and did have input on some of the selections last year.

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

So how many NFL GMs do you talk to regularly?

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                              Everytime someone posts anything that asks or states an opinion that comes across as questioning the Bills or doubting in any way what they do this is the response you get. Cracks me up every time.

Im sure you would like every poster on the board to have the same opinions as you and this would be just one big place for rah rah and high fives

No, Its just I know my opinion isnt better then anyone elses. Especially when it comes to the draft. I dont, You dont, He doesnt,, NOONE knows anything about what the GMS are actually thinking. ESPN pays Kiper/Mcsshay big bucks...they dont know! I hate people talking about who we shoulda drafted and why. I mean i dont like people who like hearing them selves talk outta there arses.

Comment

Working...
                              X