• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Kiper: "If Clausen isn't successful in this league, I'm done."

Mel Kiper in NFL Live yesterday said if Clausen doesn't become a successful QB in this league, he's (Kiper) done. He'd hang up his boots and "put down the hair gel and let it fly" he said.

McShay asked him then how long do we give you? 5 years?

Kiper: 8 years.

LOL way to go out on a limb you dumbf**k.

Kiper
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Kiper: "If Clausen isn't successful in this league, I'm done."

mcshay called him out for his man crush during the draft, it was hilarious

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

We can only hope. . .
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

MCShay only wishes he was as good as Kiper.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

I hope Clausen sucks. I hate Kiper.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I smell an opportunity!!

Kiper is done in about 8 years regardless of Claussen. He has been doing this for over 20 years now.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

I dont know how anyone could watch Kiper and McShay when Mayock and Chavous killed. Chavous was absolutely incredible and should get the first round next year.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

yeah chavous seems to have a deeper knowledge... he has mad respect for the bills too!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                  I dont know how anyone could watch Kiper and McShay when Mayock and Chavous killed. Chavous was absolutely incredible and should get the first round next year.
                  I agree. That's because Mayock and Chavous actually played the game at the pro level. The closest McShay and Kiper come to is Madden.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                    It feels great to be working for Corey Chavous. Chavous and Mayock are great friends in life as well.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      I agree. That's because Mayock and Chavous actually played the game at the pro level. The closest McShay and Kiper come to is Madden.
                      Chavous doesn't get all caught up in perceived needs or "value".

He's going by a the individual scouting report of each player and how he believes his skill sets will translate to the NFL. Giving us an "A" shows he believes these players will eventually make good pro's.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

He's going by a the individual scouting report of each player and how he believes his skill sets will translate to the NFL. Giving us an "A" shows he believes these players will eventually make good pro's.
                        I like Chavous as a draft guy not just because he gave us an A.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

Corey believes very strongly in what we do and by that I mean our reports and our big board. People look at it and blasted us for it. We had Patrick Robinson as our top CB, Sam Bradford at 33, Clausen at 48, and Ryan Matthews at 4.

That is unlike any other board you will see and we believe in it very strongly. Too often you see everyboard become the same and every mock become the same, we don't think we should follow any trend. If we like a guy enough why the hell shouldn't we put him higher despite what the mainstream media has?

This was our Big Board last year, you won't find another one like it (for better or worse) anywhere else;
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            I like Chavous as a draft guy not just because he gave us an A.
                            Absolutely. He explained his reasoning perfectly, when I was watching him draft weekend. That instantly made him my favorite, since he..

A.) Played the game and understands the level of play needed to succeed.
                            B.) Obviously scouted the players closely and had solid knowledge of what he was talking about. ( Had tons to say about our two small college LB's selected in Round 6, while most other had little to say about them, if they even ever heard of them )
                            C.) Sticks to his reports and is not influenced by outside ratings.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Who won the mock draft contest DB??
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X