X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticatfan
    The Meathead of Muslims!
    • Jul 2002

And phil I just read what you said and I agree with rude.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Ð
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

Was that a stupid post orr what ?

Comment

• Rude American
        EE is my American Idol
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
        The way I see it, you can find another defensman to play 75% as well as Orr did on defense, but you won't find another forward to rack up 75% of Gretzky's scoring as easily.
        How can you give up that many points per year. I can't. But someone can always play defense.
        this is a really good point. nicely said.
        You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
          Was that a stupid post orr what ?

To orr is human??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

Why aren't there more Orrientals in the NHL ?

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

Weak ankles.
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rude American
                Phil, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say. I'd ask what you're talking about but I don't think you know either.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Remember NO GOAL? The only person I ever heard back up the NHL front office was Gretzky on that thing. GMs and Coaches around the league were giving Ruff and Regeir their "condolences" on the matter. Gretzky is the best hockey player ever to play but he lost my respect with that. Maybe it's because I'm a Sabres fan but to shill for the league like he did, acting as if the league didn't do anything wrong when they allowed an illegal goal to count, is wrong, IMO.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Phil, that has absolutely nothing to do with who the better player was.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

I said that in my above post. The thread title said nothing about who you thought was a better player and, having seen Gretzky play, I think he was a heck of a player. But he's an NHL shill and I lost respect for him after he shot his mouth off like he did.
                    Last edited by The_Philster; 06-11-2003, 06:58 PM.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rude American

this is a really good point. nicely said.
                      Hey thanks Rude
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

Questions like this exemplify the market for good sport sims.
                          If you had a good reliable top notch hockey sim, you could maybe answer this question. Those who want build their team around Orr, and others Gretzky. After a good number of simulations, you could probably find a trend that could answer this question about what the benefit would be for building around each one.
                          With the exception of the older APBA simulation, I'm not sure if any realistic simulation exists.
                          I believe Eastside Hockey Manager has a new Windows' based version out. I'd really like to try this sometime.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ð
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

No you couldn't. Orr is a defenseman & Gretzky's a forward, so the formulas & numbers produced by the sim would be like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter

I believe Eastside Hockey Manager has a new Windows' based version out. I'd really like to try this sometime.
                              EHM:Franchise Edition comes out sometime this upcoming fall/winter. You can find more info on it at Sports Interactive's website.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally

EHM:Franchise Edition comes out sometime this upcoming fall/winter. You can find more info on it at Sports Interactive's website.
                                Yep you're right Alley. That's exactly the program I was thinking of. I looked it up a few days ago, I thought they were going to have it done by now but they don't.
                                I have tried the current one, but I haven't had a chance to get into the learning curve with all of the offseason day to day moves. The thing kept taking off on me and doing it's own thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X