X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Bills Wall of Shame

In honor of the latest Wall of Fame inductee (well, not yet, but soon), Booker Edgerson.......and the fact that this team has not made the playoffs this millennium, it's time to come up with a Buffalo Bills Wall of Shame!

Here's my inaugural class:

--OJ Simpson. Sorry. But The Juice has shamed the city. He can stay on the Wall of Fame because of his accomplishments on the field, but he's going on my Wall of Shame because of what he brought to and represents to the organization OFF of it.

--Ronnie Harmon. My all-time least favorite Bill. I was in Cleveland in January 1990 when he dropped the pass in the end zone that would've sent the team to their first SB the year before they finally made it. It still plays in my head 20 years later.

--Billy Joe Hobert. Dude didn't care enough about his QB job in Buffalo to study the damn playbook. Hey, BJ (perfect first two initials for you, by the way), how'd everything work out for you in New Orleans after that? errrrr....how 'bout Indy? Oops, sorry.

--Greg Williams/Mike Mularkey/Dick Jauron. Yeah, they're all going on at once, under the same heading. Because I honestly can't tell the difference between the exact same ****ty football I've watched over the last ten years, when any of the three was the head coach.

--Tom Donahoe & JP Losman. Yep, another Wall "partnership." Why not? TD made some decent moves (trading down and grabbing Nate Clements, drafting Schobel in round 2, drafting Terrence McGee and Lee Evans), but he ultimately hitched his Bills legacy wagon to Losman. He even traded our #1 in 2005 to get this guy (and Aaron Rodgers would've been there with that pick). And Losman sucked. Sucked enough to go on the Wall with a little help. So, separately, neither guy goes up because there have been worse GMs and there really have been worse QBs. But together, it was a shameful partnership.

--Chris Watson. I kinda feel bad putting Chris on my Wall. But when your own coach (Wade Phillips) refers to you - a punt returner - as a "punt catcher," that pretty much is a good indication that you blow. Chris was a DB, though, and could've made us forget about his punt return (lack of) abilities. But he pretty much blew there, too. So, it was shameful watching him suit up in a Bills uniform every week for a few years.

--Bryan Cox. I know, I know. This is the Bills Wall of Shame. But Bryan gets special consideration because of his special relationship with us, the Bills fans. From grabbing his crotch as he walked out of the tunnel yelling obscenities at us, to flipping the bird to the entire Ralph Wilson Stadium crowd, to saying in an interview that he'd "retire tomorrow" if he was ever traded to Buffalo, Bryan will always hold a special place in all out hearts as the #1 Bills villain. So, for that, he gets a special place on my Wall of Shame, to forever be immortalized.

--Vince Ferragamo. Starting QB for nine games on maybe the worst Bills team in history, 1985. How bout these for stats? 1-8 record. 5 TD 17 INT. Sacked 19 times. Good God! This guy makes Edwards/Fitzpatrick combo look like the glory years of Bills football. And here's the worst part.....the Bills gave up TE Tony Hunter to get him. And although Hunter didn't last many years in the NFL, he did catch 50 passes in 1985 for a Rams team that went to the NFC title game. Ugh.

--Brett Hull. Seriously. Why the Hell not?!?!

--Mike Williams. There have been plenty of 1st round busts over the years, but Mike is probably the biggest (both figuratively and literally) representation of what a bust the entire last decade of Bills football has been.

Well, that's mine. At least the ones I thought of while sitting here and writing this. Who's on your Wall and why?
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bills Wall of Shame

scott Norwood!!!!

Comment

• Coach Sal
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Jaybird
      scott Norwood!!!!
      I can't put Scotty on my Wall.

He missed one tough kick that will forever be remembered.

But otherwise he was a Hell of a kicker for us during the late 80s playoffs and 90s Super Bowl era.
      Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Coach Sal
        I can't put Scotty on my Wall.

He missed one tough kick that will forever be remembered.

But otherwise he was a Hell of a kicker for us during the late 80s playoffs and 90s Super Bowl era.

Also missed an XP in that Cleveland divisional playoff game that forced Kelly to throw over the middle to Clay Matthews instead of kicking a tying field goal to go to OT.

Scotty has to be there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

What about Rob Johnson?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Also missed an XP in that Cleveland divisional playoff game that forced Kelly to throw over the middle to Clay Matthews instead of kicking a tying field goal to go to OT.

Scotty has to be there.
            As I remember it, he didn't miss that. John Kidd couldn't get the hold down on the slop and Norwood never got the chance to kick it.
            Click to listen:

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Bruce Mathison - the other excellent part of the QB tandem with Ferragamo 1-6 4TDs 14 INTs

Hank Bullough - 4-17 record way worse than any of the past 3 coaches

Perry Tuttle - first round bust

Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, JP....no more needs to be said about those guys

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                What about Rob Johnson?
                I was never a Johnson hater. He played well in the playoff game at Tennessee. It wasn't his fault we lost. He left the field with the lead.

I know he never panned out as planned. But I fault Butler for trading the #1 to get him more than I feel RJ was shameful.
                Click to listen:

Comment

• clumping platelets

I agree.....Rob Johnson

I would not put Bruce Mathison on it

Comment

• clumping platelets

Tom Cousineau

Travis Henry

Willis McGahee

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                      As I remember it, he didn't miss that. John Kidd couldn't get the hold down on the slop and Norwood never got the chance to kick it.

Then you remember it incorrectly, Norwood tried to kick it and slipped as he was hitting it. The hold was fine.

2 missed kicks led to 2 playoff losses.

He'd have to make the wall of shame.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Taro Tsujimoto

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                          Tom Cousineau

Travis Henry

Willis McGahee

Cousineau was traded to Cleveland for the first round pick that was used on Jim Kelly.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Cousineau was traded to Cleveland for the first round pick that was used on Jim Kelly.

But he still should be on this wall

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Make room for Maybin.

Comment

Working...
                              X