• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

17 teams have lower ticket prices than the Bills

From USA Today: Get ready to pay: 18 NFL teams raising ticket prices for 2010

Take not of how many of these teams have lower ticket prices than the Buffalo Bills, whose lowest ticket price is $40:
    • Arizona Cardinals: $25
    • Carolina Panthers: $32
    • Cleveland Browns: $32
    • Dallas Cowboys: Standing room tickets for $29
    • Detroit Lions: $30
    • Houston Texans: $30
    • Indianapolis Colts: $38
    • Jacksonville Jaguars: $30
    • Kansas City Chiefs: $30
    • Miami Dolphins: $34
    • Minnesota Vikings: $15
    • New Orleans Saints: $25
    • Oakland Raiders: $26
    • St. Louis Rams: $25
    • San Francisco 49ers: $29
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $25
    • Washington Redskins: $29

Note how many of these are the big-budget teams (Cowboys, Redskins) and how many playoff teams are on this list (Super Bowl XLIV's Saints and Colts). In all fairness, there are quite a few losers, too, but still: Ralph is hardly giving Bills fans a bargain. I know exactly why this is, because the luxury box and high-end tickets aren't drawing flies and he's passing it on to the common fans.
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: 17 teams have lower ticket prices than the Bills

The lowest price is hardly sufficient to look at. Look at the average, and I bet you see a completely different story.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

We still have the lowest average ticket price in the league...

Comment

• dasaybz
        • Apr 2005

How is that hardly sufficient? People want to go to games as cheaply as possible, and these teams are better at making that happen than the Bills.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
          The lowest price is hardly sufficient to look at. Look at the average, and I bet you see a completely different story.

Yeah look at average ticket proice.

Also factor in Dallas' rights to seaosn tickets fee's as well. I believe the Giants and Jets will be following suit here asking for 20K for season ticket rights

the Redskins milk their fans for eveyr single dime they can squeeze. I believe they charge for training camp attendences etc...

overall the Bills are one of the cheapest tickets in town
          Last edited by ddaryl; 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dasaybz
            How is that hardly sufficient? People want to go to games as cheaply as possible, and these teams are better at making that happen than the Bills.

at the cost of charging the majority of fans $100 - $200 + for their tickets.

What's left is the worst seats in the house for the poor

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

So the Bills are averaging $15 less per game for their tickets... BUT that doesn't include what we rape Toronto fans for.
              Last edited by ddaryl; 05-13-2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot

Take not of how many of these teams have lower ticket prices than the Buffalo Bills, whose lowest ticket price is $40:

Note how many of these are the big-budget teams (Cowboys, Redskins) and how many playoff teams are on this list (Super Bowl XLIV's Saints and Colts). In all fairness, there are quite a few losers, too, but still: Ralph is hardly giving Bills fans a bargain. I know exactly why this is, because the luxury box and high-end tickets aren't drawing flies and he's passing it on to the common fans.
                Your premise is absurd. You have no idea of how many of the other teams' cheaper tickets are available, or where/what they are. In the case of the Cowboys, for example, you get to stand for the entire game for "only" $29. I imagine that many of the other bargain tickets are very few in number, with obstructed views or so far from the field that you might as well stay home.

The sightlines at the Ralph are great, and there is not a bad seat in the house. The average ticket price is extremely affordable by today's standards.

You can criticize Ralph for a lot of things, but not for gauging fans on ticket prices.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

You can criticize Ralph for a lot of things, but not for gauging fans on ticket prices.
                  If he brought the ATP up to the league average that would give him more money to either pocket or spend on free agents.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    We still have the lowest average ticket price in the league...

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.co...fci%202009.pdf
                    That was for 2009. I read an article that said we now arent the lowest but still way near the bottom...cant find it at the moment but this alludes to it..

Dallas Mavericks sports news and analysis. Basketball updates, scores, schedules and stats on the Mavericks.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Remember most of those teams also have a Personal Seat License you need to buy to be a season ticket holder. I cannot speak for other teams but I know for the bad seats for the Panthers the price is $2000 per seat.
                      Last edited by don137; 05-13-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                        • Sep 2005

Some of these might be for standing room admission...

Comment

• mybils
                          smarter than mercyrule
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Your premise is absurd. You have no idea of how many of the other teams' cheaper tickets are available, or where/what they are. In the case of the Cowboys, for example, you get to stand for the entire game for "only" $29. I imagine that many of the other bargain tickets are very few in number, with obstructed views or so far from the field that you might as well stay home.

The sightlines at the Ralph are great, and there is not a bad seat in the house. The average ticket price is extremely affordable by today's standards.

EXACTLY!

Comment

• ddaryl
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            If he brought the ATP up to the league average that would give him more money to either pocket or spend on free agents.

BUT would the masses pay for it or would we start playing to non-sold out games ???

Many would...many simply could not

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

We have the cheapest parking in the league. We don't charge for programs. Cheap soft drinks too.
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X