I guess everyone here wants to sweep the o-line under the rug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I guess everyone here wants to sweep the o-line under the rug.

I find it funny how everyone wants to post on the QB and RB competitions without even addressing how bad the o-line is going to be this year.

I am a Bills fan and will suffer through this season, like I always do, but the Bills couldn't have tried a little harder to get a real RT or LT?

Our starting lineup if everyone is healthy:

Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green

The funny part is that the Bills are hoping to get Bell back who was terrible last year. His competition will be Meredith and Wang. This is pretty laughable.

At RT Green's competition is Chambers, Hennessey, Calloway and Gaddis. Chambers couldn't make another roster in the NFL but most likely he will be starting at some point this season when Green gets injured.

Let's add that Wood is still coming off an injury and will not be 100% even if every article from here on out says that he is a freak of nature and he's better than ever.

So when Edwards of Brohm is laying flat on his back or the defense is 5 yards in the backfield will we be blaming the QB and RB, like we do every year, or will we be smart enough to realize that this o-line is still terrible?
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I guess everyone here wants to sweep the o-line under the rug.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    I find it funny how everyone wants to post on the QB and RB competitions without even addressing how bad the o-line is going to be this year.

I am a Bills fan and will suffer through this season, like I always do, but the Bills couldn't have tried a little harder to get a real RT or LT?

You are right. I have not seen any posts/threads on the O-Line in at least 6 months. How could have we all forgotten about it!!!!!

BTW, you are back to being a Bills fan? You did quit twice last year.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

we have OL issues?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I think there are a handful of people on here who think the OL wil be fine because they overrate Han and think either Bell or Meredith will step up at LT.

I think everyone else is pretty open about the fact that we have OL issues.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Our starting lineup if everyone is healthy:

Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green

The funny part is that the Bills are hoping to get Bell back who was terrible last year. His competition will be Meredith and Wang. This is pretty laughable.

At RT Green's competition is Chambers, Hennessey, Calloway and Gaddis. Chambers couldn't make another roster in the NFL but most likely he will be starting at some point this season when Green gets injured.

Let's add that Wood is still coming off an injury and will not be 100% even if every article from here on out says that he is a freak of nature and he's better than ever.

So when Edwards of Brohm is laying flat on his back or the defense is 5 yards in the backfield will we be blaming the QB and RB, like we do every year, or will we be smart enough to realize that this o-line is still terrible?
            I find if funny how people write posts about how Lynch is making our front office look bad because his teammates like him, when they should be making posts about how s***ty our offensive line is!!! O wait, you've got everything covered!!!

And apparently you just choose not to read any posts about our o-line. Just because there hasnt been one made in the last 3 days doesnt mean people dont talk about it.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Umm I think everyone has beat the dead horse to death a few times...

nothing else to do but hope it works out... talking about it will do nothing, we are a slave to whatever they put together.... and we all know it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                we are a slave
                We're slaves? Man things are really going downhill.

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I think there are a handful of people on here who think the OL wil be fine because they overrate Han and think either Bell or Meredith will step up at LT.

I think everyone else is pretty open about the fact that we have OL issues.
                  Even those who feel Han is adequate and that Bell or Meredith COULD step up, acknowledge that the o-line is a huge question mark.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Our O-line is certainly an issue, but it's way too early to consign it to the s**t pile.

We have 2 promising guards in Levitre and Wood who should (depending on Wood's recovery) be better in their 2nd year. Han is not an All Pro, but he is a smart, decent player. Meredith was highly regarded coming out, and could be a find at one of the tackle positions.

Bell is a low round draft pick with a lot of athleticism, going into his 3rd year. Does anyone remember a guy named Peters who was an athletic UDFA and became a fine LT? Bell could certainly become a Peters - although whether it's Jason or Bernadette is still up for grabs.

I'm waiting to see how things develop before I write off the O line.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• billz83
                      • Mar 2010

This Oline has been terrible for a decade now..anyone that thinks this oline has a chance probably thought Jauron was a good head coach..If they fix the LT position and upgrade the RT and get a veteran guard in the mix this Oline will be decent..cuz everyone knows there WILL BE injuries..

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

I like Meredith but I'm not counting on him to be the savior at LT. I do think he will play solid. Why the o line will be better is cause the too highly drafted rookies from last year should make a monster jump. If those guys turn out as good as I think, the o line will be better.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

I see Meredith as a better fit at RT

Comment

• theanswer74
                            • Apr 2004

If healthy the OL will be fine. We will have to help out LT and RT at times, but that wont be a problem. We just cant have injuries every week this year.

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

HH, why do you make threads/post?

We get it, you're miserable, but there is no need to drag everyone else down, just go cry in the corner while we discuss relevant topics.

Comment

Working...
                              X