• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: NHL FA Thread

Originally posted by OpIv37
    like I said earlier- they truly believe that they can win a Cup with a core of Vanek, Roy, Pominville and Connolly. Everyone else disagrees. Hell, the results on the ice all but prove them wrong. But hey, they've made their decision and they're going down with the ship.
    I'll agree with this 100% if the roster as it stands now is the roster on opening night.

I'm not ready to make that statement less than 4 hours into free agency though.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
      • Sep 2004

3:21 p.m.: Just got off the phone with Lydman, who's in Finland (had to rack up The News' phone bill!). He said he wanted to stay, but the Sabres offered only a two-year deal. Once the Ducks came up with three, he had to take it. It's a guaranteed $3 million. That's a lot of reasons to head west.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
        What's worse? Not making a move yet or only making one move and that move being Dan Paille?
        Well, I think that when we're looking at our D rotation being Myers Rivet Montador Sekera Weber Butler, not making a move is worse.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
          Closet Bills Fan
          • Nov 2004

I'll agree with this 100% if the roster as it stands now is the roster on opening night.

agreed still plenty of time for trades and all that jazz, however..... if the sabres plan on filling their roster with value buys they have another thing coming

j-e-t-s
          jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

I can agree with this. My worry is that Darcy takes way too much time in doing things and it usually leaves him with only the leftovers to fill roster spots. But, like you said, it's only 4 hours in...there is still plenty of time.

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Well, I think that when we're looking at our D rotation being Myers Rivet Montador Sekera Weber Butler, not making a move is worse.
              I can think of at least 5 d-men that are still available, so I'm not sweating it yet. If those 5 are gone and none to Buffalo, I'll start to worry.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                a little food for thought....

#nhl #bruins have the league's highest payroll after Paille re-signing at almost $$55.8m ($865,000 in bonuses) http://bit.ly/98cqX6
                I have to believe Pitt just passed Boston two 5mill plus signings.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                  agreed still plenty of time for trades and all that jazz, however..... if the sabres plan on filling their roster with value buys they have another thing coming
                  What do you mean? The Bills do it every year and look how well it's worked for them!
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

What's worse? Not making a move yet or only making one move and that move being Dan Paille?
                    The B's made their big move before today.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                      Closet Bills Fan
                      • Nov 2004

updated as of 30 minutes ago...

Least cap space 1. Phi, $577,738 (21 players) 2 Pit, $2,258,333 (20) 3. Ott, $3,109,166 (21) 4. Chi, $4,093,663 (13) 5. Bos, $4,465,357 (18)

j-e-t-s
                      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

the sabres don't need the premier players...but they need to show that they realize the things that didn't work last year.
                        1. they are soft
                        2. they don't score enough goals against good teams
                        3. they can't run a power play to save their lives.

by saying their close and then not doing ANYTHING to close that gap, means that this team isn't close at all.

I wouldn't mind if they scouted well and found other teams AHL prospects and got them, but they literally have done nothing.

Two sides of their mouth, they speak. I hate the 12 year Reiger reign.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
                          The B's made their big move before today.
                          Define "big". Re-signing Boychuk?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            Oh stop with your constant excuse making for this organization. There is more time, but as the premier (and that isn't saying much this year) FA's start to go away, what is left? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to make a trade, but this guy has got to stop with the excuses of how hard it is to get a difference maker and just go get it done. Other organization seem to have no problem doing it, so the lame excuses are getting old. Now, it's no guarantee that making moves is going to get a championship, but at least it gives the impression that you are at least trying.

Like RS said, there are still names like Kubina and Volchenkov out there. So the fact is that all of the guys are not gone.

And I am not making consant excuses. I have been pretty criticial of them this offseason. But why bother with the truth.

It is your anger here that gets me so confused with your anger with me for not liking Brohm.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

Pat Moran just said the Sabres have an offer on the table for Kubina

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                                • Jul 2002

Pat Moran just said the Sabres have an offer on the table for Kubina
                                Probably only 2 years knowing Darcy.

Comment

Working...
                                X