X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mercyrule
    • Jul 2005

Re: Help us decide! Baby Name

Julian is nice. Sexy. In an effeminate way. I voted for Julien.
    Last edited by mercyrule; 07-02-2010, 12:32 PM.
    Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
    Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
    Ummm, McCain hasn't been inocculated as prez yet. ~ honey
    If I were to rely on You! , WHICH THANK GOD I DON'T. i would be looking at moving into a railer hose! ~ Mr. honey

Comment

• mercyrule
      • Jul 2005

I haven't lost my father but there are definitely songs that make me feel a connection to him that are special to me. "You are my Sunshine" Anything with yoddling.
      If I were to rely on You! , WHICH THANK GOD I DON'T. i would be looking at moving into a railer hose! ~ Mr. honey

Comment

• Discotrish
        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
        What's interesting is your inability to understand that we like both names. And that the something else option is pointless, because we dont really want anything else.
        First of all, it is WAY to early in the equation to get attached to only two names. Second, have you polled friends and family? How about Facebook buddies?

Having a name you don't like really stinks, and this one unfortunately has a lot of downside potential. Very little upside potential, unless you're naming him after a multi-millionaire relative who's writing him into the will.

You need to think of your kid first, not yourselves, and this is true in so many more areas than just the baby name.

Would YOU be okay with either of those names for yourself?

Maybe ask yourself that question and be honest about your answer.

Do you have a brother who you can trust to give you an honest answer?

Patti
        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Discotrish
          First of all, it is WAY to early in the equation to get attached to only two names. Second, have you polled friends and family? How about Facebook buddies?

Having a name you don't like really stinks, and this one unfortunately has a lot of downside potential. Very little upside potential, unless you're naming him after a multi-millionaire relative who's writing him into the will.

You need to think of your kid first, not yourselves, and this is true in so many more areas than just the baby name.

Patti
          I would be fine with either name, a name is what you make it.

And thanks for the parenting advice.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Patti
            So, what are you kids names?

My best friends name is Kelly (male).

I assume you would hate that since it is one of those names that are used for both genders.

I tell him that his dad wanted a boy and his mom wanted a girl and they were both happy when he was born. But that is about it.

What you are missing is that there will be teasing regardless of the name. It might be worse if the name is way out there, but Julien is not.

As long as he avoids names like Corey!!!
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
              So, what are you kids names?

My best friends name is Kelly (male).

I assume you would hate that since it is one of those names that are used for both genders.

I tell him that his dad wanted a boy and his mom wanted a girl and they were both happy when he was born. But that is about it.

What you are missing is that there will be teasing regardless of the name. It might be worse if the name is way out there, but Julien is not.

As long as he avoids names like Corey!!!
              No Lecter.... the childs life will be over even before it began. Kids can not tolerate teasing... its simply too much.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Do certain names restrict your ability to shut your pie hole? I'm starting to think so.

Comment

• mercyrule
                  • Jul 2005

What the hell do you two know about it?

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

I would never name my child Patti. That is reserved for fanatical nutjobs.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

i am beginning to think patti was tormented as a little girl
                      It was all

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

if you can stay with this its hilarious
                        Last edited by The King; 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM.
                        It was all

Comment

• Bufftp
                          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

If a boy call him Bob. Bob Bedard.
                          If a girl Bodacious (this assumes the Mrs's genes trump yours). Bodacious Bedard
                          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                          to be led by permanent ideals -
                          that is what keeps a man patient
                          when the world ignores him,
                          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Discotrish
                            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            i am beginning to think patti was tormented as a little girl
                            Now, don't get all defensive. You must have some guy friends you trust. Instead of asking them "which" name they like better (or dislike least), ask if they like either name -- if you get a noncommittal answer "it's only important that YOU TWO like it," or "it doesn't matter what other people think..." that tells you they are not crazy about the name. Do you have a brother you can get an honest opinion from?

See naming a kid should be about more than some song you're sentimental about. It's one thing to name a kid after a beloved relative, but a song, for Lady Gaga's sake...the kid has to LIVE with this name. How about getting a family pet and naming it Jude/Julien?

You have not really commented on whether YOU would like the name for yourself. Maybe try to work your way up to honesty on that one.

Where is LOG? Maybe he can comment on whether his Jude still goes by that name.

Patti
                            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

See naming a kid should be about more than some song you're sentimental about. It's one thing to name a kid after a beloved relative, but a song, for Lady Gaga's sake...the kid has to LIVE with this name. How about getting a family pet and naming it Jude/Julien?

You have not really commented on whether YOU would like the name for yourself. Maybe try to work your way up to honesty on that one.

Where is LOG? Maybe he can comment on whether his Jude still goes by that name.

Patti
                              See post #79 in this thread.

I am an only child so no brothers...

And we are talking about naming our son after a relative... just not in a sense that you find conventional.

Sounds to me that you think everyone should just be vanilla and blend in.
                              It was all

Comment

• RockStar36
                                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                                • Sep 2004

Boys names are the easiest.

Just take whatever current athlete is your favorite and act accordingly.

Whenever I have a kid, his name will be Ryan Miller.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡