Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Sunday Ticket

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NFL Sunday Ticket

Last year about this time I remember a posting on here about deals people had been getting when calling to complain about their NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan prices...

Have these started yet for this year (or is it too late)? Has anyone tried?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,397 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

last year I threatened to cancel and they threw in the Superfan for free. I haven't tried this year, but it seems too early. I think it was well into August when I called last year.

Usually, they send a flyer about the automatic renewal in the mail around mid-late July. I'd probably call after that arrives. You can cancel any time up until the first game, so there is no reason to rush right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tanked
    Last year about this time I remember a posting on here about deals people had been getting when calling to complain about their NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan prices...

Have these started yet for this year (or is it too late)? Has anyone tried?

When you call them, don't approach it as if they owe it to you......simply tell them you can't afford it. That's what I did last year. I very well could have paid the full price without issue, and would have had they said no; but I just told them that times were tough right now. They threw in Superfan and knocked off $100 bucks. I've heard of some people even getting Free Showtime for 6 months. If you push it far enough I'm sure they'll give you the best they can.

Go to google and search for Sunday Ticket discount and you'll find forums where people talk about the deals they got and how they got them.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i wonder if they are doing NFL ticket online again in manhattan. If so, i hope they upgrade to HD. it was a little annoying to have it come through as standard definition.

all that revenue and they can't do it in HD...seems almost criminal.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sunday ticket will be a thing of the past in the near future... The NFL will sell its product online and cheaper.

I know there is NFL replay which allows people to watch games afterwards commercial free and uninterrupted.... That is about $50 for the year.

But the prices for the Sunday ticket are starting to approach the "Not willing to pay it" level...

Paying for Superfan just to get HD is bull****..... it's all HD these days and that should be in the basic plan... but DTV pays a huge premium for th eright ot broadcast NFL games so they're going ot extract thier monies back anyway possible...

auto renewing does save you some money too !!!

HOWEVER !!!! For those of us with smart phones like the droid can stream those games to our phones as a part of the superfan package... which is a definite perk...
    Last edited by ddaryl; 07-07-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ddaryl
    Paying for Superfan just to get HD is bull****..... it's all HD these days and that should be in the basic plan... but DTV pays a huge premium for th eright ot broadcast NFL games so they're going ot extract thier monies back anyway possible...
    That was my argument last year- I already pay for HD, I already pay for Sunday Ticket, so why should I have to pay extra to get Sunday Ticket in HD? They bought it and gave me the Superfan for free.

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How much are you guys paying?
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Superfan is gone

HD is included its like 6 payments of 50 bucks

they offered me 20 dollars off when i stated when i signed up last year the rep told me it was included for the 2 years when i purchased the package and i felt lied to

i declined since i live in rochester and can watch it locally.

MUCK
    FIAMI

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yeah if I lived in a place where the Bills were on locally, I wouldn't buy Sunday Ticket.

But this year, it looks like the Bills/Ravens game will be the only one on local TV. If I get lucky, they might show the game when we play the Ravens' div opponents, if the Ravens and Skins aren't on at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ddaryl
    Sunday ticket will be a thing of the past in the near future... The NFL will sell its product online and cheaper.

I know there is NFL replay which allows people to watch games afterwards commercial free and uninterrupted.... That is about $50 for the year.

But the prices for the Sunday ticket are starting to approach the "Not willing to pay it" level...

auto renewing does save you some money too !!!

HOWEVER !!!! For those of us with smart phones like the droid can stream those games to our phones as a part of the superfan package... which is a definite perk...
    I doubt you will see live NFL games on the internet or Cable for that matter. It would affect the Networks contract with the NFL so it won't happen.

DTV is very limited which is why it works. It gives DTV a marketing tool, provides extra money to the NFL & does not interfere with the Networks rights to broadcast the games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ddaryl's point is that if they keep pushing the rates up, it doesn't make money for DTV if people won't subscribe. and if they can't make money, they won't renew at ridiculous rates. at which point, the NFL might find that it's cheaper to have their IT department launch a site and control it themselves and take the ad money directly.

TV is slowly getting phased out. People don't want the advertising, the networks are hurting, some cable channels are doing well with good programing but they don't actually produce the shows, they are buying them from other production houses.

I remember in high school a teacher was telling us in 1994 that there would be a time where you'd select the show's you'd want to watch, and we were just like, "crazy old man smith has no idea what he's talking about." to this day we still laugh at how much he knew and how much he predicted.

I think it's safe to say once internet channels start being easier to get to synch to your HD tv (apple tv, laptops with remote keyboards), you're going to see people really question their cable expense when they are watching so much on netflix streaming and internet feeds with less commericials.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus

I think it's safe to say once internet channels start being easier to get to synch to your HD tv (apple tv, laptops with remote keyboards), you're going to see people really question their cable expense when they are watching so much on netflix streaming and internet feeds with less commericials.
    the major hurdle for that right now is bandwidth- if every home, or even 1/10 of the homes, that currently have cable started streaming high-def shows, most ISP's would get bogged down in a hurry. Things like Verizon FiOS are making progress on this issue, but they still don't have the bandwidth to handle all the traffic currently going over cable wires or being beamed down from satellites.

I agree that it's moving in that direction, but it is still several years away. Cable and satellite will still be around until the Internet can consistently provide HD and digital sound.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I doubt you will see live NFL games on the internet or Cable for that matter. It would affect the Networks contract with the NFL so it won't happen.

DTV is very limited which is why it works. It gives DTV a marketing tool, provides extra money to the NFL & does not interfere with the Networks rights to broadcast the games.

It's already happening.. .NFL has replay TV set up, and that is just a pre cursor...

All TV will be internet based in the near future... In facxt HDMI cables are about to become obsolete to .... Ethernet ... yep the same ethernet you use for your internet connection...

DirectTV can't keep offering up billions and then pushing their prices up and up and up... they are reaching the breaking point as it is.... the NFL will be streaming games live through ABS CBS, NBC, FOx ESPN and NFL.com etc.... in the not so distant future... I'll bet the farm on that

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    the major hurdle for that right now is bandwidth- if every home, or even 1/10 of the homes, that currently have cable started streaming high-def shows, most ISP's would get bogged down in a hurry. Things like Verizon FiOS are making progress on this issue, but they still don't have the bandwidth to handle all the traffic currently going over cable wires or being beamed down from satellites.

I agree that it's moving in that direction, but it is still several years away. Cable and satellite will still be around until the Internet can consistently provide HD and digital sound.
    yeah, it's not going ot happen overnight, but most cable companies are internet providers, so they'll change their model pretty easily and keep up. they won't lobby against the change.

i think in 5 years, we'll be seeing how entertainment comes into our home as very different than it is now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    yeah, it's not going ot happen overnight, but most cable companies are internet providers, so they'll change their model pretty easily and keep up. they won't lobby against the change.

i think in 5 years, we'll be seeing how entertainment comes into our home as very different than it is now.
    I believe it will happen but not in the near future. I would bet the majority of homes don't even have HDTV yet. There are many homes that don't have internet service or if they do it is dial up. I think you are looking at 10-15 years at least.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even when you get DirecTV to cut you a deal, it's a ****ing rip-off.

I had Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice last year and Center Ice made Sunday Ticket look like the biggest ****ing waste of money EVER. Of course, I live in Buffalo, so I get to see my Bills anyway.

But for a mere $199, I can choose from 6-8 NHL games every single night from early October til May. With NFL I'm paying $300 or whatever to get an extra couple games for one afternoon a week for a mere 18 weeks.

If I were to ever do anything again, I would just want Red Zone and nothing more.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 07-07-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because of everyone calling for deals they upped the price of the ticket including SF in the overall price. Still get deals though

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought they already streamed the games that were shown on NFL Network last year. The Thursday nighters and such. I wasn't able to get it in Canada because we get free NFL network so it wouldn't let me grab it on the internet.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 3,551 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I believe it will happen but not in the near future. I would bet the majority of homes don't even have HDTV yet. There are many homes that don't have internet service or if they do it is dial up. I think you are looking at 10-15 years at least.
    I personally do not know one (1) single person who does not have an HDTV. My mom even has one and she lives in Virginia.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    I personally do not know one (1) single person who does not have an HDTV. My mom even has one and she lives in Virginia.
    As if Virginia is an HDTV deprived State? Now if you had said she lived in West Virginia.........just kidding. But seriously, I bet the majority of people on this board know at least one person that does not have HDTV yet. I would bet there are even a few people that post on this board that don't have HDTV.