X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Here's why Brian Brohm needs to start

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Practice-Notes---Day-7/ebccdd1a-4beb-434e-ab5c-4ac810d1548f
    Chad Jackson did a good job of leaping and fighting his defender off to make a catch on the far side of the field from Brian Brohm.

James Hardy outjumped his defender to make a catch on the far side of the field as well from Brohm.
    Here are 2 examples from last night of BB allowing his receivers to go get the ball. That's something we'll never see from TE... Yet we hear day after day how BB puts the ball up for his receivers... Or how he threads the needle for completions. AND HE'S DOING IT WITHOUT PATTING THE BALL!!! WATCH THE VIDEOS!

While it's true that Fits will do the same... He doesn't have the same arm strength nor talent as Brohm.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Here's why Brian Brohm needs to start

Dude's third string. Get over it.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

I'm not sure where you're getting this "3rd string" stuff from. Gailey's made it clear that there's a competition... And there's obviously a reason why there needs to be a competition... Because our "veteran starter" isn't good enough. Hell... He's not good at all!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

I like Edwards, but also know he won't take us to the promised land. I would love to see Brohm get a fair chance to show us what he got, we are playing for the 1st to 5th spot on next year draft anyway.
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

how long will it take for you to turn on brohm? the issue seems to me is that trent operates best with protection. He isn't going to sling away at chances. this isn't unique to QB's. there aren't a lot of brett favres. and the ones that are like him aren't usually very good.

brohm may hit a couple passes with receivers making plays, but we need that line.

Edwards may not be the guy, but he is slotted number 1 and getting the majority of the work there. there hasn't been any change. so my guess is the coaches are believing the same thing. make due with what we got and see how it works out.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by draz54
            I'm not sure where you're getting this "3rd string" stuff from. Gailey's made it clear that there's a competition... And there's obviously a reason why there needs to be a competition... Because our "veteran starter" isn't good enough. Hell... He's not good at all!
            Sure there is a competition... and in the current standings Brohm is third.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
              Sure there is a competition... and in the current standings Brohm is third.
              Last I knew, he was at the least tied for 2nd if not ahead of Fitz.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

He's had #1 reps and many reps at #2... Again... Where do you get this #3 stuff?
                Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-05-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  Dude's third string. Get over it.

actually reports have him ahead of Fitz for sure. Nothing but negatives being reported in that regard.... I'm starting to hear some real positives from Levi Brown recently to.

BUT Trent has been captain checkdown in practices for the most part from what I've been reading.

This will sort itself out by the end of pre-season game #2 IMO.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

I'm not sure where you're getting this "3rd string" stuff from.
                    Because that's what he is. By nature now, by definition very soon.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

All I'm looking for is someone to give me something to support the statement... Because so far... All I'm hearing is "because I say so".

I've given my supporting logic... Time to hear your's.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                        • Nov 2005

All I'm looking for is someone to give me something to support the statement... Because so far... All I'm hearing is "because I say so".

I've given my supporting logic... Time to hear your's.
                        I'm pretty sure every argument on earth has already been spoken both for and against Brian Brohm as a starter, quarterback, and human being.

I'd prefer not to dig all the **** about Green Bay, Matt Flynn, Louisville, practice squad, etc. up again, but I guess we can have the same discussion everyone on this board has already had 69 million times if you really want to.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

I guess we'll just have to go thru the preseason process to find out who steps forward.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Brohm isn't third. 2nd and 3rd string are still undefined and by almost all reports via espn, twitter, wgr, or bb.com have Brohm getting 2nd team reps while Fitz has struggled with the 2's and 3s. One reporter either for wgr or buffalo rumblings tweeted last week something to the effect of, "Trent is underwhelming, Brohm making plays, is clear No. 2 over Fitz."

I just want us to draft a stud next year.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              I just want us to draft a stud next year.
                              Assuming none of the current crop of underachievers undergoes a miraculous change, I'm right there with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X