Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Kirwan notes from Bills camp

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pat Kirwan notes from Bills camp

He seems to like the direction Gailey has the team going. Although he deserves a dope slap for indentifying Kyle Williams as Kyle Davis (twice).

LINK

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pat Kirwan notes from Bills camp

"The Bills just released their best pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, and that puts a tremendous amount of pressure on second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin -- last year's first-round pick -- and Chris Kelsay to deliver around 20 sacks this season. To expect such production seems highly unlikely."

Not a fan of this quote...The Browns generated 40 sacks last year among 16 different guys. You don't need 2 guys to generate pass rush. Their top 2 combined for 12 sacks.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 08-05-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Interesting that he pointed out how Edwards said he liked practicing against the 3-4. I read the same thing from someone else earlier...

Jauron really was a friggin moron. We play a minimum of 6 games a year against 3-4 D's and we didn't even practice against it? I guess that's what an Ivy League education will get you.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jauron is the absent-minded professor, standing on the sidelines contemplating how the 3-4 D relates to the tactics used by the warriors of ancient Sparta as Edwards gets decapitated on the field.

If that makes no sense, it's because I just took a Benadryl then spent an hour and a half playing God of War II.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    "The Bills have been out in pads more than the other teams I have visited so far, and according to running back Fred Jackson, have already had three live goal line drills in the first week. Jackson said the team needs the work, specifically an offense that has struggled every day to move the ball."

Not a fan of this quote...The Browns generated 40 sacks last year among 16 different guys. You don't need 2 guys to generate pass rush. Their top 2 combined for 12 sacks.
    Sorry, but I'm not following you on this one? What does that have to do with the quote???

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Interesting that he pointed out how Edwards said he liked practicing against the 3-4. I read the same thing from someone else earlier...

Jauron really was a friggin moron. We play a minimum of 6 games a year against 3-4 D's and we didn't even practice against it? I guess that's what an Ivy League education will get you.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jauron is the absent-minded professor, standing on the sidelines contemplating how the 3-4 D relates to the tactics used by the warriors of ancient Sparta as Edwards gets decapitated on the field.

If that makes no sense, it's because I just took a Benadryl then spent an hour and a half playing God of War II.
    I think Jauron has finally found his level.......DB Coach.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah he brings up a topic I've been thinking about..Lots of people saying how good and quick Maybin looks in pass rush situations, but at the same time he has to be a liability against the run.

If he can't improve against the run the bills used the 11th overall pick for a situational, underweight, LB. I hope that's not the case.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Sorry, but I'm not following you on this one? What does that have to do with the quote???

Oops wrong quote posted...ugh.

"The Bills just released their best pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, and that puts a tremendous amount of pressure on second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin -- last year's first-round pick -- and Chris Kelsay to deliver around 20 sacks this season. To expect such production seems highly unlikely."

Also fixed in original post....double ugh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't you think our new guys will contribute with some sacks? It's not like Maybin and Kelsay are the only two defensive players on the team.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, ha...I thought I was just missing something and people weren't letting me in on the joke!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot
    Don't you think our new guys will contribute with some sacks? It's not like Maybin and Kelsay are the only two defensive players on the team.

PTR
    That's his point. That we will get sacks from other spots besides these two players.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

FTY feels exactly the same way you do about Jauron

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    FTY feels exactly the same way you do about Jauron

Oh no, not this again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon Circler 22
    That's his point. That we will get sacks from other spots besides these two players.

Exactly...

We can generate around 40 with multiple players and 40 sacks would be a good improvement from last year.

We don't need just Kelsay and Maybin to generate 20 sacks to have a more successful passrush than in prior seasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we were sacked last year vs. the 3-4 mostly by their linebackers/safeties and not much by the DL
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-05-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The crappy thing is that maybin will get some sacks, but he will probably get demolished while defending the run. No matter what position he plays it's going to be hard for him to get off blocks.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,649 Times in 17,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is Torbor still getting the first down reps on the right?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One note about Maybin. Pictures of him do not do him justice. In person, at least yesterday he's a lot bigger than the thin man he appears to be.

And he's as of April, 22 years old. They need to get him going.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Browns DC is a Ryan though. Our DC comes from a school of 3-4 where the ILB don't blitz that much. A lot of the pressure will be on Maybin, Ellis and Kelsay to get sacks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really dont care how big or how thin maybin is as long is he plays tough if he doesnt do that then he will get killed! Alot of players just are not nasty enough and they get killed and get pushed around.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

pretty safe to say Jauron was clueless :db: