X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Pat Kirwan notes from Bills camp

He seems to like the direction Gailey has the team going. Although he deserves a dope slap for indentifying Kyle Williams as Kyle Davis (twice).

LINK
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Pat Kirwan notes from Bills camp

"The Bills just released their best pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, and that puts a tremendous amount of pressure on second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin -- last year's first-round pick -- and Chris Kelsay to deliver around 20 sacks this season. To expect such production seems highly unlikely."

Not a fan of this quote...The Browns generated 40 sacks last year among 16 different guys. You don't need 2 guys to generate pass rush. Their top 2 combined for 12 sacks.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 08-05-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Interesting that he pointed out how Edwards said he liked practicing against the 3-4. I read the same thing from someone else earlier...

Jauron really was a friggin moron. We play a minimum of 6 games a year against 3-4 D's and we didn't even practice against it? I guess that's what an Ivy League education will get you.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jauron is the absent-minded professor, standing on the sidelines contemplating how the 3-4 D relates to the tactics used by the warriors of ancient Sparta as Edwards gets decapitated on the field.

If that makes no sense, it's because I just took a Benadryl then spent an hour and a half playing God of War II.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
        "The Bills have been out in pads more than the other teams I have visited so far, and according to running back Fred Jackson, have already had three live goal line drills in the first week. Jackson said the team needs the work, specifically an offense that has struggled every day to move the ball."

Not a fan of this quote...The Browns generated 40 sacks last year among 16 different guys. You don't need 2 guys to generate pass rush. Their top 2 combined for 12 sacks.
        Sorry, but I'm not following you on this one? What does that have to do with the quote???

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Interesting that he pointed out how Edwards said he liked practicing against the 3-4. I read the same thing from someone else earlier...

Jauron really was a friggin moron. We play a minimum of 6 games a year against 3-4 D's and we didn't even practice against it? I guess that's what an Ivy League education will get you.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Jauron is the absent-minded professor, standing on the sidelines contemplating how the 3-4 D relates to the tactics used by the warriors of ancient Sparta as Edwards gets decapitated on the field.

If that makes no sense, it's because I just took a Benadryl then spent an hour and a half playing God of War II.
          I think Jauron has finally found his level.......DB Coach.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Yeah he brings up a topic I've been thinking about..Lots of people saying how good and quick Maybin looks in pass rush situations, but at the same time he has to be a liability against the run.

If he can't improve against the run the bills used the 11th overall pick for a situational, underweight, LB. I hope that's not the case.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              Sorry, but I'm not following you on this one? What does that have to do with the quote???

Oops wrong quote posted...ugh.

"The Bills just released their best pass rusher, Aaron Schobel, and that puts a tremendous amount of pressure on second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin -- last year's first-round pick -- and Chris Kelsay to deliver around 20 sacks this season. To expect such production seems highly unlikely."

Also fixed in original post....double ugh.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

Don't you think our new guys will contribute with some sacks? It's not like Maybin and Kelsay are the only two defensive players on the team.

PTR
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                4. All Religion should be taxed.
                5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                6. F**k her gently.
                7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Ha, ha...I thought I was just missing something and people weren't letting me in on the joke!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    Don't you think our new guys will contribute with some sacks? It's not like Maybin and Kelsay are the only two defensive players on the team.

PTR
                    That's his point. That we will get sacks from other spots besides these two players.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

FTY feels exactly the same way you do about Jauron
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        FTY feels exactly the same way you do about Jauron

Oh no, not this again.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                          That's his point. That we will get sacks from other spots besides these two players.

Exactly...

We can generate around 40 with multiple players and 40 sacks would be a good improvement from last year.

We don't need just Kelsay and Maybin to generate 20 sacks to have a more successful passrush than in prior seasons.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

we were sacked last year vs. the 3-4 mostly by their linebackers/safeties and not much by the DL
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-05-2010, 10:58 PM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              • Feb 2006

The crappy thing is that maybin will get some sacks, but he will probably get demolished while defending the run. No matter what position he plays it's going to be hard for him to get off blocks.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X