• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

Patriots want LB Shobel

i knew we would regret this....
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

Re: Patriots want LB Shobel

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.."--George Santayana

Why do I have a feeling this has happened before? Oh, yeah, because it has.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think Schobel is done as a player. I really don't think he will have much of an impact on the Pats, or wherever he ends up.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I think Schobel is done as a player. I really don't think he will have much of an impact on the Pats, or wherever he ends up.
        i agree its not like he had 10 sacks, 56 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, and an int last year
        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Again, I hate Schobel and it is only fitting that he goes to the Pats.

The problem is that Schobel isn't that good but he played against our offense in practice so he knows all of the tendencies, etc.

I'll take the 15 yard chop block penalty if it means sending his ass back to Texas early.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

could the article also have the headline, "pats seek another old player to fill in on their aging team?"

Comment

• M
              • Aug 2006

Schobel is a "veteran outside linebacker"? But anyway, it would be weird to see him in a Pats uni. I hope it doesn't happen ... even though I didn't want him back on the Bills.
              Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                Knows More Than You
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95
                i agree its not like he had 10 sacks, 56 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, and an int last year
                Exactly...he's not "done as a player" just because he isn't on the Bills anymore. He had more sacks than any Pats player a year ago.....and he will absolutly tear **** up against us and our hilarious OT's if he signs with them.

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Seriously, this would have to be the year we beat the Pats.

Nothing better than beating them with Schobel. It would put a nice excalmation mark to a carerr filled with overrated mediocrity.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

I still don't get why we released him, keep him on the reserved/retired list and if he wanted to go elsewhere then trade him. It's not like we have to worry about his hurting us against the cap since there is no cap. Yet before I say it someone will tell me Ralph isn't cheap.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Sorry to spoil the pity party over Schobel going somewhere else. We need young, aggressive guys who actually want to play here. Schobel is a player with no heart and no leadership ability, whose stats make him look far better than he ever played.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Sorry to spoil the pity party over Schobel going somewhere else. We need young, aggressive guys who actually want to play here. Schobel is a player with no heart and no leadership ability, whose stats make him look far better than he ever played.
                        Boy do I agree with this!!

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                          • Sep 2005

his pick six against Brady in the opener last year was nice though :/
                          and hasn't he sacked Brady more than anyone else in the NFL? :/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

If he signs with the Pats, he would be my most hated ex-bills player. He talked about wanting to be close to home etc.etc. Signing with the pats means he's a liar. Don't want to wish anyone injury but if he did sign with the PAts .........
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

I have always respected Schobel and the way he played. I even respected his decision to retire early to spend time with his family.

As a result of the recent events I have no issue with Schobel playing for the Texans or even the Cowboys, but if he were to play for Seattle, the Jets, Pats, Fins, bears, any team outside of Texas I would lose respect for him.

Also I highly doubt he wants to play in a 34 anyway I think he enjoys being a 43 end and that is why the texans are so enticing to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X