Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills a bust in Toronto

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills a bust in Toronto

Whatever was supposed to happen with this deal, hasn't. There is no more connection to the Bills than there is to any other NFL team here. And if Rogers could get out of this expensive arrangement now, it's almost certain it would. Ackles had it wrong: This has been a financial boon for the Bills, but an unmitigated disaster for Rogers and Toronto.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ust-in-toronto

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills a bust in Toronto

well i kinda want to laugh and say F you Toronto, but i still want fans in Toronto to support the Bills...we need that fan base.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32
    well i kinda want to laugh and say F you Toronto, but i still want fans in Toronto to support the Bills...we need that fan base.
    Yeah we need that fanbase....to come to Buffalo! Which is what is happening. The price is too expensive for them in Toronto and the fact that tailgating is banned...so the fans come to Buffalo for the home games instead.

Oh and I will say it...

Rogers

**** You, Toronto! Leave our team alone!
    Last edited by Michael82; 08-17-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hate Canadians unless they are in Buffalo.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i hope the nfl is paying attention. just because cities are large doesn't mean they are willing to be gouged to death to watch a sport.

The cautionary tales on why not to jump back into LA are staring them in the face.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    i hope the nfl is paying attention. just because cities are large doesn't mean they are willing to be gouged to death to watch a sport.

The cautionary tales on why not to jump back into LA are staring them in the face.
    Yeah but LA lost the quality of their pro football team when the NCAA hit USC with all those sanctions. As much as I'm relishing in USC's woes, it does make LA more attractive to the NFL.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's great! We suck so bad that Toronto has no interest in us.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if we actually had an excitnig team to watch then Toronto would have opened up to us IMO... and they would have intensified there attempt to buy the team out from under us.

This is a blessing for Bills fans as it shows Toronto is not ready for prime time NFL football...

T

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the nfl will justify a team in LA by saying, "look, the bills situation didn' work because the average fan had a cheaper alternative of traveling to buffalo. So of course they didn't buy the high end ticket."

I agree Op, the USC thing stings. but they lost two teams already. TWO! If the bills lose one after selling out for so long, they might never bring a team back here. Yet these so called wunderkind NFL execs, want to bring football back to a region that let it go so willingly TWICE? Am I on crazy pills?

And another thing, just like with NHL, buffalo's area of ratings for football games it typically higher than the national average. Guess how the rate is set when a major network locks in. It's based on the ratings. the higher the ratings the better the price the NFL gets. If that's where a bulk of their money comes from, they might want to consider very carefully which segment they piss off.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LA will get a team. It is not just the second(?) biggest TV market in the country, but a glamor spot and a bottomless pit of money. The greedy bastards that run the NFL will HAVE to put a team there.

But it doesn't have to be the Bills. As long as we remain viable, with a full stadium every week and net revenue in the top half of the league, there will be better candidates for relocation in Jacksonville, Minnesota and other places.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Whatever was supposed to happen with this deal, hasn't. There is no more connection to the Bills than there is to any other NFL team here. And if Rogers could get out of this expensive arrangement now, it's almost certain it would. Ackles had it wrong: This has been a financial boon for the Bills, but an unmitigated disaster for Rogers and Toronto.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ust-in-toronto
    An actual winning franchise might help here. It's kind of hard to build a fan base in any market when you can't win. That goes for any pro sports franchise period. What else would you expect after watching this team play over the last decade? Struggling to put butts in the seats in Toronto is hardly surprising with this organization to this point. Only winning can change that.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,130 Times in 4,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe if they didn't charge outrageous prices for tickets, people would go to TO to see them. Why would I pay double what I'd pay in Buffalo, to watch them indoors? It makes no sense. I'd rather go roughly the same distance, and see them in Buffalo, outdoors, how Bills football should be played.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    LA will get a team. It is not just the second(?) biggest TV market in the country, but a glamor spot and a bottomless pit of money. The greedy bastards that run the NFL will HAVE to put a team there.

But it doesn't have to be the Bills. As long as we remain viable, with a full stadium every week and net revenue in the top half of the league, there will be better candidates for relocation in Jacksonville, Minnesota and other places.

If Toronto was in the United States it would be the second-largest TV market. Population wise it's bigger than LA, Chicago, Phoenix etc....but that doesnt make up for their lack of support for NFL football.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by more cowbell
    If Toronto was in the United States it would be the second-largest TV market. Population wise it's bigger than LA, Chicago, Phoenix etc....but that doesnt make up for their lack of support for NFL football.
    This has WHAT to do with my opinion that LA will inevitably get another NFL franchise?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    This has WHAT to do with my opinion that LA will inevitably get another NFL franchise?
    I think he is correctly saying LA Supports the NFL about as well as Toronto.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A lot of Bills players won't be happy that there is no games in T.O. I know Trent meets that dark haired beauty every time in Toronto. Something tells me that he's going to have a good game this Thursday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I think he is correctly saying LA Supports the NFL about as well as Toronto.
    Everyone knows that, but ultimately it won't matter. LA is too big and powerful and glamorous and rich and pretentious not to have an NFL franchise, even if it totally sucks as a pro football town.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills in Toronto series is a bust, but don't think that means the NFL won't fly in Toronto. Two things killed the series: 1) The Bills suck, and 2) Rogers tried to gouge people for tickets. There are plenty of NFL fans in Toronto.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

meanwhile, The Old Fart is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    meanwhile, The Old Fart is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Yeah, but he can no longer remember what he's laughing about.