X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

Colt McCoy could get cut...

LOL to whoever thought he would be a competent NFL QB, and wanted him in a Bills uniform,... Was telling people was watching the draft with this was a horrible pick the minute it was made

One of the big four college star quarterbacks drafted into the NFL in 2010 may not survive into the regular season. While Sam Bradford(notes) (Rams), Tim Tebow(notes) (Broncos) and Jimmy Clausen(notes) (Panthers) are assured of making their teams, former University of Texas standout Colt McCoy(notes) might need to prove himself in the Browns’ final two preseason games to make their roster.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, McCoy, a third-round pick in April, is among one of eight players “on the bubble” for Eric Mangini’s team. That includes fellow QB Brett Ratliff(notes), and two young running backs, James Davis and Chris Jennings(notes).

So far, the Browns coaching staff has been impressed with the top two quarterbacks on the depth chart, veteran newcomers Jake Delhomme(notes) and Seneca Wallace(notes). Delhomme has looked outstanding over two preseason games, completing 18 of 23 pass attempts for 193 yards and a touchdown. Signed to be the No. 2, Wallace brings experience and, at this point, a superior athletic skill set compared with McCoy. Wallace also served as the backup QB for the Seahawks when Browns president Mike Holmgren coached Seattle.

McCoy has been limited by a sprained thumb in his his right hand, which he sustained in Cleveland’s preseason opener at Green Bay. He struggled mightily against the Packers’ defense, throwing two interceptions and gaining only 25 yards in 10 attempts. He went for 0-2 in Week 2 with limited action against St. Louis.

The Browns play at Detroit in Week 3 of the preseason on Saturday, and finish up the exhibition schedule next Thursday at home against the Bears.
    Last edited by sauce; 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Colt McCoy could get cut...

good for the bills. They can put him on practice squad and we can snag him
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Glad we didn't use a draft pick on him, but if he gets cut and we can grab him for nothing, it's absolutely worth a shot.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EricStratton
        • Jul 2002

I'd imagine the Browns would IR him with a bad thumb before they would admit a mistake and cut him.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

He is dealing with an injury and he may not be a fit in that offense. Gailey can make good use of a mobile QB.

But we will already have 3 QBs anyways so we won't be able to take him.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
            I'd imagine the Browns would IR him with a bad thumb before they would admit a mistake and cut him.
            Admitting mistakes may not be a bad thing. We're still living with mistakes from 4 and 5 years ago because the FO won't admit it and move on (*cough- McCARGO- *cough). I don't really follow the Browns, but I'd imagine a team as bad as they are is in the same situation.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
              He is dealing with an injury and he may not be a fit in that offense. Gailey can make good use of a mobile QB.

But we will already have 3 QBs anyways so we won't be able to take him.

I question whether or not the Bills have 3 QBs.

Regardless, this article is speculation from a beat reporter. It could happen, but it is unlikely.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                I question whether or not the Bills have 3 QBs.

Regardless, this article is speculation from a beat reporter. It could happen, but it is unlikely.
                Yes we do - Jackson, Spiller, and Parrish. Two of the three have been officially designated 3rd QB before and the other threw 2 TD passes in college.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
                  Too soon to call him a mistake (I haven't seen any of his preseason performance), but yes, the IR is a good parking place.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

this could have been a classic russ brandon draft.

Russ: we need a QB in round 1 to make the fans happy.
                    Football people: if they don't take the BPA at 9, these are the dumbest people ever.
                    Russ: guys, its between clausen and mccoy.
                    Ralph: Pudding? Is there pudding available?
                    Russ: i think colt Mccoy sounds like a football name.
                    dick jauron : (repetitively) Colt Mc coy, Colt Mccoy, Clausen...CLAAAAAW sen. Yeah, i like Mccoy. i like how to moves off the tonguy. (starts to clap)
                    Russ: that does it.
                    Modrak: (half asleep) did you guys read any of my reports that i put together. DOn't touch these guys. take spiller. next thurman.
                    russ: (Blank faced)
                    Jauron: Spiller. Spiller. hmmm, i don't like that so much. (starts clapping)
                    Russ: i'm the GM and president and marketing guru. Mccoy.

3 years later fans commit mass suicide in the parking lot of the ralph.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      this could have been a classic russ brandon draft.

Russ: we need a QB in round 1 to make the fans happy.
                      Football people: if they don't take the BPA at 9, these are the dumbest people ever.
                      Russ: guys, its between clausen and mccoy.
                      Ralph: Pudding? Is there pudding available?
                      Russ: i think colt Mccoy sounds like a football name.
                      dick jauron : (repetitively) Colt Mc coy, Colt Mccoy, Clausen...CLAAAAAW sen. Yeah, i like Mccoy. i like how to moves off the tonguy. (starts to clap)
                      Russ: that does it.
                      Modrak: (half asleep) did you guys read any of my reports that i put together. DOn't touch these guys. take spiller. next thurman.
                      russ: (Blank faced)
                      Jauron: Spiller. Spiller. hmmm, i don't like that so much. (starts clapping)
                      Russ: i'm the GM and president and marketing guru. Mccoy.

3 years later fans commit mass suicide in the parking lot of the ralph.
                      The "starts to clap" quote damn near made me fall outta my chair! Good stuff

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Told you guys McCoy had small hands...

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

Bring him in!
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

For what is worth I heard that Claussen has been sitting out of practice since the game against the Jets due to a toe injury. If you recall he tore two toe ligaments in his big toe last year and had the injury all season. Sounds like it is still bothering him.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by don137
                              For what is worth I heard that Claussen has been sitting out of practice since the game against the Jets due to a toe injury. If you recall he tore two toe ligaments in his big toe last year and had the injury all season. Sounds like it is still bothering him.
                              Panthers backup quarterback Jimmy Clausen returned to practice on Tuesday, indicating that his recent toe setback wasn't too serious.

"I still don't feel 100 percent right now," Clausen said via Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com. "The doctor said it's probably going to be until after the season until I feel 100 percent. I'm going to have to play through some aches and pains until the season is over. That's just the nature of football."

Comment

Working...
                              X