X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Does anyone still think. . .?

I'm not asking for predictions on wins. Other threads have done that. Remembering preseason a year ago, the Bills were really pathetic on offense. There just wasn't any. Now, Trent is looking pretty good, the running backs look solid top to bottom, and the blocking hasn't been too bad even (and they havent even had the eventual starters together for more than a few plays). The defense seems like they haven't tipped their hand on what they'll do in the regular season, but they have been OK except for that first game.

I know the opponents will have a lot to do with the number of games the Bills will win, and I don't care to predict that number. However, I have to believe this is a better team right now than they were a year ago. I will be at least a little surprised if the record doesn't reflect that. If there is anyone who disagrees with me, I would be interested in hearing your reasoning.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Does anyone still think. . .?

I'm hoping you're right.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

record wise we could end up 5-11 but in no way would I consider that being worse then last season...

I'm looking for a team showing some consistencies on the O, and getting better on D in the new 3-4 scheme.

I'm looking for a team that its coaches make game time adjustments, and solid game time decisions,

I'm looking for a team that doesn't disappear in the 4th quarter, but shows it still has gas in the tank.

I'm looking for a team that can take some good playoff teams the distance and never looking completely outmatched.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

I think in the end, the record will be about the same as last year. However, I think we'll see a lot more promise and potential being realized during the season. We've got a ton of young players, especially on defense, who will get better as the season goes on. The record may or may not directly reflect it, but I agree - we'll be better than we were last year.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

It's hard for us to be worse than last season.

We can only get better from here.

I hope.

Comment

• more cowbell
            • Apr 2006

3-13 but actually showing flashes of potential
            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
              • May 2007

Division title *****ez

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by more cowbell
                3-13 but actually showing flashes of potential
                3-13 from 6-10 is not flashing potential. It's moving backwards. We will not move backwards. 9-7.

PTR
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                4. All Religion should be taxed.
                5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                6. F**k her gently.
                7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Im thinking 8-10 wins. But just showing that we are going in the right direction will make me happy.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I still think our D will go through growing pains. But I'm confident we're gonna grow the right direction.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TMu11
                      • Mar 2010

I refuse to take this preseason as a flash of brilliance. What we've seen is that an NFl quarterback can throw the ball... Great, I'd really hope so.

We've seen that we have a dynamic running game... we knew that.
                      We've seen that Jauron's coaching sucked... we knew that.
                      We've seen that our D-Backs are the highlight of our Def.... we knew that.
                      We've seen that we STILL CANT STOP THE RUN... This is the most condemning, since its an obvious, glaring weakness. If we don't get it in check, we will NOT be better, even IF Trent figured out how to get the ball to his own teammates. I will not be optomistic until its proven when the time matters, not during a 20 minute scrimmage with no bearing on record.

But yeah, I hope we're better too
                      After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

The bills are a lock for at least 7 wins. Predictions of three wins or fewer are very ignorable.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Depends on how you define worse.

In record yes I think they will win less games but I dont think that's a step backwards at all. The record this year (for me) is meaningless, I dont expect them to challenge or win many so Im not concerned about that.

However do I think we will still see them playing undisciplined and sloppy football every week? No, and I think we'll see younger players begin to grow due to solid fundamental based football coaching instead lazy coaching.

I think our team will be on a far better track this season but I dont think that immediately translates to win this season. Next season and the year after are what Im looking forward to.

This preseason boner many seem to have happens every time we win a game, its the preseason it doesn't matter. The Lions have gone 4-0 like two out of the last four years and have shown great offensive potential just to get their ass kicked when the games counted.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            This preseason boner many seem to have happens every time we win a game, its the preseason it doesn't matter. The Lions have gone 4-0 like two out of the last four years and have shown great offensive potential just to get their ass kicked when the games counted.
                            I agree with your post except for the last paragraph. I'm pretty sure no one cares about winning the game. It's the fact that we're finally seeing a competent offense that can move the ball relatively consistently that gets people excited. Hopefully it translates to the regular season.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BigZ
                              • Sep 2003

I refuse to be sucked in and think we're gonna be good this year. We're in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and have a very tough schedule. Who are we going to realistically beat? Browns, Carolina, KC and maybe one Miami game are realistic and maybe we can upset one or two more.

The issue, like Draftboy said is whether we show some guts, consistency and get the young guys some experience.

I'll be really happy to see less injuries and some close games.

Comment

Working...
                              X