• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Kennedy signs with NYR

So by not signing Kennedy, the Sabres saved roughly $667k. What are they going to do with it? Sign someone else? Put it towards extending someone? Or put it in Tommy G's pocket, with a nice bonus going to Quinn for freeing up the money?

That's what bothers me about moves like this. Losing Kennedy isn't a huge deal, but how does it lead to the Sabres getting better? As usual, there is no answer to that question and it appears as though this was just another money grab by the FO.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

They said it went towards signign Morrison which I believe they signed the next day.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i heard they just buried the money in equal fourths in the corner boards at HSBC in hopes that some players actually try to dig in the corners this year.

Seeing that the sabres have stiffed half these guys already, i'm sure they'll be a little extra motivated.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
          • Jul 2009

I will never understand how so many people can fall in love with a dime a dozen guy.

Do you want the Sabres to spend too much money on crappy guys?

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
            I will never understand how so many people can fall in love with a dime a dozen guy.

Do you want the Sabres to spend too much money on crappy guys?
            B-b-b-b-b-but he's from here.

It's a feel good story.

Or something.

At least Kaleta is actually an asset to the team. Kaleta's gameplay doesn't come along so often.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              So by not signing Kennedy, the Sabres saved roughly $667k. What are they going to do with it? Sign someone else? Put it towards extending someone? Or put it in Tommy G's pocket, with a nice bonus going to Quinn for freeing up the money?

That's what bothers me about moves like this. Losing Kennedy isn't a huge deal, but how does it lead to the Sabres getting better? As usual, there is no answer to that question and it appears as though this was just another money grab by the FO.
              Actually, I think they save only about 333,333 since they have to pay the same amount next year too.

Stupid move IMO, but I think they are setting up for labor negotiations against the union next year. Salaries are getting out of hand and the "haves" are mostly doing it to the "have nots".

Comment

Working...
              X