Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brando Show rips the Bills on Sirrius.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Brando Show rips the Bills on Sirrius.

Don't shoot the messenger but basicallly said we were stupid for keeping Brohm over Brown. Ready for this? Said Brown had a "good pre-season".

As much as I believe Brohm is no better than 3rd string on this team Brown did absolutely nothing to earn a roster spot.

I'm so sick sick of the National media hating on us. The Lions have been atrocious this past decade and they get more respect than us.

I doubt this idiots even watched Brown or looked up his stats.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Brando Show rips the Bills on Sirrius.

I don't pay too much attention to the national "pundits" anymore. Until we start winning and making the playoffs again, we will not get any respect.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just a bunch of blah blah blah. And I've never heard of the 'Brando Show'.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just sent him an e-mail telling him he might want to watch the players before he comments. His college career is irrelevant.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh. Tim Brando? What a jerk.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,475 Times in 7,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So he has nothing better to discuss on his show than the Bills 3rd string QB? What a loser.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Amazing cause I watched all 4 games and Brown barely got to play or threw a pass. I can't see how he beat anyone out. Granted he didn't get much time. The absence of him on the practice squad would indicate to me other internal issues with him.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We are the fat kid down the street....low lying fruit ripe to be picked.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the national media just doesnt care to investigate 3 minutes as to the CURRENT state of affairs. yes trent sucked last year. yes, the bills offense seemed to run plays out of only 3 formations and never more than 2 receivers on the field while carrying 6 receivers. That was LAST YEAR!

Now, we have a guy who seems to at least acknowledge game plans need to be changed during a game, trent has looked more confident, the running game is dramatically different, the bills seem to be run blocking better. i mean, there is some reason to believe this team will be different.

I just hope to god that Chan ends up with a better record than Shanihan, and then i want to see chan get zero credit from anyone.

The bills have to earn their time on the national media's radar. hopefully this is the year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    the national media just doesnt care to investigate 3 minutes as to the CURRENT state of affairs. yes trent sucked last year. yes, the bills offense seemed to run plays out of only 3 formations and never more than 2 receivers on the field while carrying 6 receivers. That was LAST YEAR!

Now, we have a guy who seems to at least acknowledge game plans need to be changed during a game, trent has looked more confident, the running game is dramatically different, the bills seem to be run blocking better. i mean, there is some reason to believe this team will be different.

I just hope to god that Chan ends up with a better record than Shanihan, and then i want to see chan get zero credit from anyone.

The bills have to earn their time on the national media's radar. hopefully this is the year.
    Dude, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. It's not just about last year's (or decade's) ineptitude. First, it's Buffalo. It's not a major media market and the city has a shrinking population. Second, and most importantly, there are no stars on this team. There is nothing compelling or no character to get emotionally invested in. The Bills did get a little national attention last year.... due only to the T.O. signing.

Frankly, I think the bills need to have a few playoff appearances in relatively close proximity before they are taken seriously. When you are bad for so long, it's hard to turn the overall perception around, fair or not.

Like someone else eluded to, just stick to the regional coverage. Trying to look for some national love is just maddening.

in·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by topher180
    Dude, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. It's not just about last year's (or decade's) ineptitude. First, it's Buffalo. It's not a major media market and the city has a shrinking population. Second, and most importantly, there are no stars on this team. There is nothing compelling or no character to get emotionally invested in. The Bills did get a little national attention last year.... due only to the T.O. signing.

Frankly, I think the bills need to have a few playoff appearances in relatively close proximity before they are taken seriously. When you are bad for so long, it's hard to turn the overall perception around, fair or not.

Like someone else eluded to, just stick to the regional coverage. Trying to look for some national love is just maddening.
    I guess you have not watched the preseason. Spiller is a budding STAR & is being recognized in the NATIONAL media as such.

The Bills had a good preseason & I have seen much less hate on TV lately.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Has nothing to do that this is Buffalo.

It has everything to do with ZERO marquee players. ZERO playoffs in a decade. A poor owner who makes the franchise look dumb everytime he opens his mouth.

Winning and having a superstar make you relevant.

Is Green Bay a large market? Phoenix? Pittsburgh? New Orleans?

No, they're teams with marquee players who win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Don't shoot the messenger but basicallly said we were stupid for keeping Brohm over Brown. Ready for this? Said Brown had a "good pre-season".

As much as I believe Brohm is no better than 3rd string on this team Brown did absolutely nothing to earn a roster spot.

I'm so sick sick of the National media hating on us. The Lions have been atrocious this past decade and they get more respect than us.

I doubt this idiots even watched Brown or looked up his stats.
    I embrace the HATE. It will be SWEET when Chan turns this team around & makes the idiots eat crow.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I guess you have not watched the preseason. Spiller is a budding STAR & is being recognized in the NATIONAL media as such.

The Bills had a good preseason & I have seen much less hate on TV lately.
    LOL that didn't take long.

He has not done anything meaningful in the league. He is exciting and talented. He was highly regarded out of college. He is not a star. I bet you thought Paul Posluszny was a star too. What about Trent?

By your definition of a star dilutes the premise of one. Don't be so bitter dude, it will be ok.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He has not done anything meaningful in the league. He is exciting and talented. He was highly regarded out of college. He is not a star. I bet you thought Paul Posluszny was a star too. What about Trent?

By your definition of a star dilutes the premise of one. Don't be so bitter dude, it will be ok.
    I said "BUDDING" STAR, as in about to be. I was PIZZED the 49ers took Willis & the Bills got stuck with Poz, but he is a solid player, will NEVER be a star. If you read any of my posts on Trent, you will know how I feel about him, I'm not a big fan.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Has nothing to do that this is Buffalo.

It has everything to do with ZERO marquee players. ZERO playoffs in a decade. A poor owner who makes the franchise look dumb everytime he opens his mouth.

Winning and having a superstar make you relevant.

Is Green Bay a large market? Phoenix? Pittsburgh? New Orleans?

No, they're teams with marquee players who win.
    Point noted. Conversely, even if the Cowboys or Giants are bad, they get national attention. Hence my original post. Buffalo is considered an outpost in the NFL, and unfortunately for use, is irrelevant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now "Spiller's done nothing in the regular season."

Later it's "Spiller's done nothing in the playoffs"

Later still "Spiller's done nothing in the Super Bowl"

Finally "Okay Spiller got lucky once being SB MVP and all. Let's see him do it again."

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Point noted. Conversely, even if the Cowboys or Giants are bad, they get national attention. Hence my original post. Buffalo is considered an outpost in the NFL, and unfortunately for use, is irrelevant.

Dallas gets national attention due to Jerry Jones.

I remember years where no one gave a crap about the Giants back when Dave Brown was there...but they are in a large market so when they're anywhere near a decent team they'll get publicity.

Teams in small markets only get publicity when they're good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot
    Now "Spiller's done nothing in the regular season."

Later it's "Spiller's done nothing in the playoffs"

Later still "Spiller's done nothing in the Super Bowl"

Finally "Okay Spiller got lucky once being SB MVP and all. Let's see him do it again."

PTR
    I can't wait until the last line of your post. GO Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let's be clear.

Our stupid owner has created alot of the bad press. The "cash to cap", his whinning at the owner's meetings, making it sound like our fans can barely rub two nickles together for a season ticket, hiring Marv Levy as GM, Brandon, Modrak.

The issue is when a National guy makes up crap it hurts us because some guy is sitting in Green Bay listening, and now repeating how stupid it was to cut Levi Brown.