• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Bradford looks like real deal

Many of the Guru's said THERE ARE NO FRANCHISE QB's in 2010 Draft. I know it is very early. But from the preseason and 1sdt game, Bradford looks very good. Wonder what it would have cost to move to 1st Overall to grab him.
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bradford looks like real deal

Wait for Andrew Luck. If he comes out next year we better take him over Jake Locker who is inconsistent in college. If Luck stays take Gabe Carimi and take Luck next year when we are just as bad.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
      • Dec 2002

Threw 55 times.

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
        Many of the Guru's said THERE ARE NO FRANCHISE QB's in 2010 Draft. I know it is very early. But from the preseason and 1sdt game, Bradford looks very good. Wonder what it would have cost to move to 1st Overall to grab him.
        It would have cost more than we had to offer. They had him targeted and likely would have refused ANY offer.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Rivers, Rogers and Brees weren't suppose to be as good as they are as far as Gurus were concerned.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gonzo1105
            Wait for Andrew Luck. If he comes out next year we better take him over Jake Locker who is inconsistent in college. If Luck stays take Gabe Carimi and take Luck next year when we are just as bad.

Right now Luck isn't in Bradford's league... he's got a lot of promise... but at the moment he's reminding me of a slightly further along version of Alex Smith. If he continues to develop well though, he could be the next Donovan McNabb.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Rivers, Rogers and Brees weren't suppose to be as good as they are as far as Gurus were concerned.
            Rivers i wasn't sold on but i thought he was a 1st round talent… I thought he was better then Eli Manning… and remains convinced he is... I’m not sure what it is about Rivers but i remain on the fence with him even now (whether he’s a great qb or simply good).

Rodgers i missed completely... i think he's over-rated, his sacks issue isn't the line, it's the fact he has little to no pocket presence... but for all that he's an awesome QB throwing the ball (with Rodgers you just have to accept the fact he'll be sacked a lot)

Brees i knew was going to be great.. A lot were scared off by his small size... it wasn't his talent just his stature that was working against him. I thought in that draft he was hands down the best QB in the draft... which has turned out pretty much true. (i was never high on Vick as a qb, astounding speed aside… Vick was a weapon but not a starting QB)
            Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-15-2010, 11:14 AM.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gonzo1105
              Judging from last year Luck's not much better, they were both in the 50s in completion percentage.

Let's see how this season unfolds, we'll have a clearer picture in a few months.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

JUST SAY NO to any more Stanford QB's.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

I thought the talking heads agreed that Bradford was the man and that everyone else had issues.

I like Nix's statement on Rivers. He essentially said, "rivers won everywhere he was. you could jsut tell he was dedicated. it didn't matter what school he went to. You could tell that his ability to win and his desire to play the game meant he would be a good QB."

This is such a huge departure from "JP has a big arm in the combine." "We know nothing about QB's but Bill Walsh said on his death bed that trent was good."

I don't know much about the QB crop other than there is a lot of hype. I want the bills to select the guy who wins and who gets it. He can come from california, he can be a pretty boy, he can be arrogant, but the dude has to know how to win (and not just beating up on cupcake schools). He has to win some bowl games, he has to be a highschool champion. The guy has to really hate losing and fight to the end. We haven't had that QB in a long time.

And yes, the guy needs to be able to play in the winter and have an arm. it doesn't have to be an elite arm. it just needs to be able to get the job done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I have Luck as my #1 guy but he still has a ton of growing to do. Locker is behind him and I want nothing to do with Ryan Mallet for the moment, though Ill re-evaluate after he starts SEC play.

Right now not many QB's are impressing this season which is a bad sign for us.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

As for the topic of Bradford, he looked like a rookie, made some nice throws, made plenty of mistakes. One game is not nearly enough time to tell one way or another.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I have Luck as my #1 guy but he still has a ton of growing to do. Locker is behind him and I want nothing to do with Ryan Mallet for the moment, though Ill re-evaluate after he starts SEC play.

Right now not many QB's are impressing this season which is a bad sign for us.
                        I thought you said Locker wasnt a top prospect for QBs at this point?...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          JUST SAY NO to any more Stanford QB's.
                          normally id agree with you man but this kid is good...only a redshirt sophmore right now also...kids got talent and confidence

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            I said he was a low 1st-high 2nd round pick on my board, not a top pick overall. And I dont have him as my top QB, I have Luck there.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman

he isn't... not from what i've seen anyway... he's not even a round 1 QB from what i've seen at this point.
                              Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X