Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Andrew Luck

This guy is without a doubt the most "NFL Ready" QB I have seen in recent memory.

He has a tremendous feel for the game, anticipates all of his throws extremely well, and best of all can scan the entire field better than any QB in the country with quick, decisive, accurate throws. He knows where he's going with the ball, and if it's not there he doesn't panic and will hit his second option or checkdown in stride.

Oh yeah, and playing in a pro stlye offense, being coached by a 15 year NFL QB cant be a bad thing either...

It's too bad he already came out and said wants to get a college degree and the NFL is the last thing on his mind. He sounds like a real smart, decisive kid. We'll see though. Figures it would be our luck to just miss out on him.

The announcers are comparing him to Peyton Manning, I don't know about that considering Peyton is in his own class, but one thing is for sure He is MILES ahead of Jake Locker...I don't care what any of the "experts" say
    Last edited by more cowbell; 09-19-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Andrew Luck

I agree with you. I have always thought Locker was overrated though.
    I am The Batman.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsWin
    I agree with you. I have always thought Locker was overrated though.
    I personally think people are so high on Locker because he's "Tim Tebow...plus he can throw" - I've heard that comparison many times when it comes to him, although im not sure it's justified. I'm not against Locker...I just think in terms of an NFL prospect, Luck wins that battle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont care what year Andrew Luck comes out you have to get him. You take Carimi next year if Luck isn't there and then next year Luck is your guy. You dont just force a pick because you have a need.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This lockout may work for the Bills of all teams. From what i gather the draft stays the same during the lockout year. We get the first pick this year (unfortunately), and if he doesnt come out we pick BPA and wait till the following draft.

Watching this kid he is head and shoulders better than any QB ive seen this year. Ive watched all his games this year and THAT is what i want our QB to look and act like. Trent looks like the Stanford QB and Luck the NFLer.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He is ready:

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, but this kid has to be in the discussion:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Mallett is every bit as good, if not a bit better than Luck.
    Tremendous arm, great release, superb pre-snap reads.
    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Andrew Luck is a star! I must admit, going into this college football season, I was pro Jake Locker, but after seeing this kid play so solidly for the past 3 weeks, I'm sold on this guy. He's smart, good pocket awareness, plus the ability to improvise w/ his feet on broken plays, extremely accurate, strong arm, and he's a cerebral passer. He would look great in a Bills unie.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want another QB from Stanford...just saying

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Luck is the man.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love how he archs the the deep ball high, allowing the WR to run under it and defeat tight coverage. So many "name" QB's cannot do that. Also seems to read the middle of the field well and doesn't stare down his primary targets. Gets rid of the ball quickly.

At this point, the board will wave the broad brush and rip a Stanford/California area QB.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets
    I don't want another QB from Stanford...just saying
    Elway & Plunkett went to Stanford and both won 2 SB's...just saying.

Think beyond the end of your drool bucket.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Akhippo
    This lockout may work for the Bills of all teams. From what i gather the draft stays the same during the lockout year. We get the first pick this year (unfortunately), and if he doesnt come out we pick BPA and wait till the following draft.

Watching this kid he is head and shoulders better than any QB ive seen this year. Ive watched all his games this year and THAT is what i want our QB to look and act like. Trent looks like the Stanford QB and Luck the NFLer.
    There is going to be a football season in 2011. Stop with the lockout ending the season nonsense! Too many Bills fans are hockey fans and think the situation may mirror the NHL. There's no way the NFL situation is comparable to the NHL which was losing money & could throw away a season.
    Plus-The NFL players are already voting to decertify the union so that a lockout would be illegal. So forget about no 2011 season because there will be one.
    If we really want Luck, we'll have to suck until he gets his degree.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y.
    There is going to be a football season in 2011. Stop with the lockout ending the season nonsense! Too many Bills fans are hockey fans and think the situation may mirror the NHL. There's no way the NFL situation is comparable to the NHL which was losing money & could throw away a season.
    Plus-The NFL players are already voting to decertify the union so that a lockout would be illegal. So forget about no 2011 season because there will be one.
    If we really want Luck, we'll have to suck until he gets his degree.
    He may be finishing early and could easily declare this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by more cowbell
    I personally think people are so high on Locker because he's "Tim Tebow...plus he can throw" - I've heard that comparison many times when it comes to him, although im not sure it's justified. I'm not against Locker...I just think in terms of an NFL prospect, Luck wins that battle.
    Except Tebow was a consistent winner and leader.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Right now I think Andrew Luck will be drafted #1 overall. He still needs to show he can handle the pressure from good teams with good defenses, he also needs to show he can win big games this year. But, I think he will do both.

The big question is, will the Bills stink enough to be picking first?

And the even bigger question is whether we would ever try to trade up to get him if we deemed him as a franchise type QB?

With Mallett and possibly others looking good, we may be able to get a QB out of the #1 spot.

We have many needs and would seem to not be able to afford giving up pick(s) to move up. But, if you are convinced Luck is a franchise QB, and we so badly need one, maybe we make the move. I don't think its likely at all, but I do think its possible.

All of that assumes we arent picking #1.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era
    He may be finishing early and could easily declare this year.
    If the Bills get the top pick, Luck better come out because he's going to be a great one & I'd hate to suck & miss out on him.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era

The big question is, will the Bills stink enough to be picking first?

1) Yes

2) Not sure which one I'd pick, Mallett or Luck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is the point I'm trying to make for the Pro Mallett and Pro Luck fans. Andrew Luck is a Redshirt Sophmore people and he just looks absolutely dominate in the college games. At the same time Ryan Mallett seems to be dominate. The only problem is it took him until his Redshirt Senior year.

Mallett has been in the college game for 5 years and finally has turned it on. Luck has been in the college game for 3 year and is absolutely tearing it apart. Luck will continue to get better and so will Mallett but the two are at the same level right now. I'm thinkin in the long run that Luck will prove to be a better NFL QB as he continues to develop. I really think that Andrew Luck will turn out to the be the next great NFL QB.

I am also very tired of California and oh we can't take a guy from Cali or Stanford. I bet no one knows that Luck grew up in Texas and not California. I'm sure none of you would like Tom Brady or any other great QB from Cali. Have people ever thought that maybe we just choose the wrong California Quarterbacks?