• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

It's not coaching- it's the ****ing LACK OF TALENT

I'm not sure that it ever was coaching.

Three perfect examples:

1. Use of Stupar. On the first couple of drives the Bills ran to whatever side Stupar was on EVERY TIME. Sometimes they put him in motion and sometimes they didn't. I was pissed because it was very Jauron-like. But when the Bills finally started moving the ball, it's because they used Stupar as a decoy and to create mis-direction plays. They'd run a draw to the opposite side and Stupar would run behind the line to block, etc. They even had Stupar go in motion then return to the end of the line on the TD play to get the LB moving the wrong way. But it's not the coach's fault when the players start missing blocks, missing passes and holding the ball too long.

2. On the 3rd and short that was completed to Steve Johnson short of the first down (when the game was still reasonably close), Parrish was WIDE OPEN. Parrish runs ****ty routes. He's NEVER open. But the coaches devised a play that completely beat the coverage. But Edwards didn't seen him then threw to Johnson, who failed to get to the 1st down marker. It's not the coaches fault that Edwards and Johnson couldn't execute.

3. Disguising the pass rush. Early in the game, the Bills showed blitz and forced a GB timeout. After the TO, they showed the same blitz but backed out of it. They actually showed the same blitz numerous times- sometimes they ran it, and sometimes they didn't. And sometimes they blitzed from a different position. The problem? The pass rushers NEVER got there. Didn't matter if it was Kelsay or Florence on the corner blitz or pressure from the opposite side- the pass rush was horrendous. Again, not the coach's fault.

Look, I can't stand Jauron as a coach. I think he's a complete moron who thinks himself right out of games. But look at the steaming pile of **** he had to work with. It doesn't matter who our coaches are. The talent on this team is ****ing HORRENDOUS. There are CFL teams that could beat us.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: It's not coaching- it's the ****ing LACK OF TALENT

I agree man, the talent is a serious issue. Ryan Mallett or bust.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

I've been saying this for a few years now and got "it's the coaching."

Simply put, this team may have less talent than the 1999 Cleveland Browns had.

And the main problem is year after year, the organization pulls the "we know better than every other NFL franchise" card in the draft...all the way back to Donahoe.

This form of drafting has set us back year after year after year.

Every year we as fans see a light at the end of a tunnel and think, we're finally getting there! Too bad that light is a train that smacks us in the face.

I view the pick of Spiller no differently than the pick of McGahee. Although in a way it's worse, when Donahoe took a shot at McGahee, we were actually a better team that one could have thought was a piece or two away from contending in the AFC.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

No question the talent sucks. My question is why are they starting losers like Edwards and Johnson? If they suck someone else should get a chance but no! Gailey will keep shoving them out there telling us it's not their fault. Our players blow but we've had dopes for coaches and Gailey's another in that list IMO.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
          • Aug 2008

No one to blame but Nix.
          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Don't even get me started on the Spiller pick.

I got trashed on this board for questioning the wisdom of selecting an RB when this team has so many other holes. I got lectured about "best player available" and "amazing talent."

Well, fast forward to two weeks into the season:
            1. Spiller has looked ok- decent, but not great.
            2. Our coaches didn't even put him on the field. Why bother drafting the guy if we're not going to use him?

It's completely illogical.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bills4ver
              • Sep 2008

did u see Chris Kelsay out there he was like a high school kid playing in the NFL, he was just lost.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                No one to blame but Nix.
                What?
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bills4ver
                  did u see Chris Kelsay out there he was like a high school kid playing in the NFL, he was just lost.
                  By far, the worst player on the field today. He couldn't cover, he couldn't rush the passer, he couldn't stop the run. The guy should be cut IMMEDIATELY. I know we lack talent on our roster, but I refuse to believe that even Maybin and Ellis are THAT bad.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

It's been the drafting for the past 10 years. It's really that simple.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      By far, the worst player on the field today. He couldn't cover, he couldn't rush the passer, he couldn't stop the run. The guy should be cut IMMEDIATELY. I know we lack talent on our roster, but I refuse to believe that even Maybin and Ellis are THAT bad.

I refuse to believe you personally would be any worse playing OLB for the Bills.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        I refuse to believe you personally would be any worse playing OLB for the Bills.
                        I could have been just as bad for a HELL of a lot less money.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

He moved up a spot - last week he was second worse.

And the one time he was actually making a play, Rogers got off a perfect pass and they scored a TD.

Ellis is way better. Start him and let him get some experience.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                            What?
                            Simple enough statement to comprehend no?

Unless you thought I misspelled Stevie or Hakeem Nicks. But they have no bearing on the talent level on the Bills.
                            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Well how about Maybin ? Did last years #1 pick even touch the field today ? Is he hurt ? did he miss the plane ?

Im serious I have no idea where this guy was or is.
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X