X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Zone Realists Club

The exclusive club for those of us posters here who realistically understand the work and time that Nix and Gailey have to put in the turn this team around in any way.

Yea Nix and Gailey are to blame. But blame the coordinators and players too.

Seeing a miracle from these guys in their first 5 weeks (and ENTIRE OFFSEASON...) shouldn't be an expectation.

These things take time.

Who's in.

• NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Zone Realists Club

dude they resigned chris kelsay, they took a luxury pick in spiller and then dont use him, their 3rd round pick isnt even dressing for games, they signed cornell green who is horrible, they had all offseason to evaluate edwards and didnt cut him in the offseason, troup is getting pushed around, when they could have taken cody... dude wake up, the team is not changing....................

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

"Dude"

Get out of my thread

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by G Wolly
        "Dude"

Get out of my thread
        your living in a dream world man...

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

And you don't understand the purpose of this thread.

It's not about supporting or not supporting what they've done thus far.

But understanding that it takes time to find the right chemistry with certain players in certain positions and to put the pieces in the right places.
          Last edited by G Wolly; 10-11-2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

what exactly have you seen out of nix/gailey that gives you hope for the future?
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Crisis
              what exactly have you seen out of nix/gailey that gives you hope for the future?
              My understanding that a team like this can't be turned around in a few months.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

no... and i don't think anyone is saying we should be a superbowl winning team this year or next... frankly you have to expect a step back sometimes... but this isn't a step back, and they've done a whole lot to make the situation worse.

I'm sorry... i simply don't agree with you. Good FA signings, plus a solid draft, and even with the change in schemes a new coach brings and your step back shouldn't look too bad. in some cases it might even be a step forward if you're particularly good at your jobs...

This was a 7-9 team for 2 years... then a 6-10 team last year.

I fully expected Gailey, a coach who i had no expectations nor a particularly good feeling about to end up within 1 win, plus or minus of that cluster***** of a season last year. We won't do it. There is no way on gods green earth we pull out 5 wins in the last 11 games.

We won't do it. This team didn't take a step back, it collapsed completely.

This was not part of some plan of Gailey and Nix... this is a direct result of their incompetence. Now... if they're smart, they might fix this mess given a few years. But what has given anyone the faith they even have a clue of how to fix this?

I'm sorry... if this team goes 0-16... or 1-15 you simply have to fire the HC and GM.
                Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-11-2010, 03:15 AM.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

That is not an answer to his question. What have you seen of them so far to give you reason to believe they will turn it around?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Im in. I still think they have work to do getting rid of some trash and trying to get some new players to play their system.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

I'm in as well. I expect the Bills to find a groove by the end of season and finish strong.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Then maybe you guys should call yourselves The Dream Team...

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I'm holding off on jumping on the '****can Nix and Gailey' bandwagon until I see what they do this off season. If at this point they admit they overestimated the talent on the team when they took over and their ability to turn this thing around in the midst of switching philosophies and schemes on both sides of the ball and react accordingly then I'm OK waiting to see where it goes.

They've made some mistakes, no doubt, and from a timing standpoint this is the absolute worst scenario to attempt to upgrade talent with FA's (no CBA this season, possible lock-out next season) but they need to make a more concerted effort to acquire better players from this point on.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

I'm in... it won't be Gailey that gets us there, but I think Nix can get it right. Green was a stop-gap signing and the Kelsay extension was ill-advised, but the Spiller pick was the right pick and I think we'll get some quality out of this class in the long run. The last four years have been an attempt at the same while hoping for a better result. Nix won't admit it, but he knew this was going to be a transitional bottoming out year. We all did. The goal for this team should be to get back to .500 next year and then work towards the playoffs the following year. If we are 0-4 this time next year, then you can start the burnings at the stake.

Comment

• billsfanryan
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I'm holding off on jumping on the '****can Nix and Gailey' bandwagon until I see what they do this off season. If at this point they admit they overestimated the talent on the team when they took over and their ability to turn this thing around in the midst of switching philosophies and schemes on both sides of the ball and react accordingly then I'm OK waiting to see where it goes.

They've made some mistakes, no doubt, and from a timing standpoint this is the absolute worst scenario to attempt to upgrade talent with FA's (no CBA this season, possible lock-out next season) but they need to make a more concerted effort to acquire better players from this point on.
                              I share these feelings as well. However, if we match the lions and go 0-16 someone has to be fired.

Nix and Gailey were definitely over confident in their abilities to a flaw. They couldn't see what they needed to see. They wanted to be fair to their players and give them a chance. During the parts of my game that worked on the illegal stream i found, one of the announcers while talking about Trent said "he is a workout warrior and played well in camp and preseason, but the minute the real lights go on he shys away"

This should've been evaluated in his game tape from before, however wasn't.
                              Last edited by billsfanryan; 10-11-2010, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X