Swimming against the current, My view of the bills, Fitz and the draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Swimming against the current, My view of the bills, Fitz and the draft.

Our offense is fine. A franchise QB would be great. There is really only one that may or may not come out in the draft that a #1 pick would be worth the #1 pick overall. Even if he does there is question if he would ever sign with the Bills.
    If we had a defense, a defense that could stop the run and pressure the passer we might be 600 now or with a winning record. Fitz is good enough now and I think will get get better under Gailey to be a good starter, maybe not top two or three but a solid starter. Teams have SB to such starters. Heck we loss one to a lesser QB.
    We need a defense to go with what we already have on Offense. Use our high pick to trade down for more picks, focus on D, DE, ILB, OLB get a OT.
    Bottom line if this current team had a defense we could .500 or better racing into the playoffs.
    I like the no quit attitude of this team. The fight to win no matter what. Slowly y but surely Gaily is creating the culture of winning here. Even if Juaron had more wins, him teams lacked that. Gailey is bringing that the to Buffalo, and it will pay dividends in the years to come.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Swimming against the current, My view of the bills, Fitz and the draft.

Originally posted by Bufftp
    Our offense is fine. A franchise QB would be great. There is really only one that may or may not come out in the draft that a #1 pick would be worth the #1 pick overall. Even if he does there is question if he would ever sign with the Bills.
    If we had a defense, a defense that could stop the run and pressure the passer we might be 600 now or with a winning record. Fitz is good enough now and I think will get get better under Gailey to be a good starter, maybe not top two or three but a solid starter. Teams have SB to such starters. Heck we loss one to a lesser QB.
    We need a defense to go with what we already have on Offense. Use our high pick to trade down for more picks, focus on D, DE, ILB, OLB get a OT.
    Bottom line if this current team had a defense we could .500 or better racing into the playoffs.
    I like the no quit attitude of this team. The fight to win no matter what. Slowly y but surely Gaily is creating the culture of winning here. Even if Juaron had more wins, him teams lacked that. Gailey is bringing that the to Buffalo, and it will pay dividends in the years to come.
    Do you want Jake Delhomme or a franchise QB? Fitz reminds me of a guy who can be average and win some games, but never good enough to carry the team to the ultimate prize. When you have a shot at what should be a very good, franchise QB or keep an "all right" guy at the position, I'm going to take the franchise guy every day of the week.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Fitz is a leader, Fitz can read defenses, Fitz has a good arm, Fitz is smart. If Fitz can fix a couple of awful throws a game we have our franchise QB.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
        Fitz is a leader, Fitz can read defenses, Fitz has a good arm, Fitz is smart. If Fitz can fix a couple of awful throws a game we have our franchise QB.
        Yikes...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

If we have a chance at luck we take him hands down. If not then I agree with all you said

Comment

• Bufftp
            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
            If we have a chance at luck we take him hands down. If not then I agree with all you said
            I don't disagree at all. Nighthawk is assuming two things he is coming out and that we will be in position to pick him.

Also we need to sign some free agents. Losing all the rest of our games will hurt that. Showing we are improving by winning more will help that.
            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

it's too early to say all that about a winning atmostphere. a winning culture takes more than 2 wins against bad teams. But so far Gailey seems like the right fit for Buffalo. Not sure if he can take this team to the next level, we'll see.
              Last edited by imbondz; 11-21-2010, 05:27 PM.
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

OMG......

Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The Warrior
                  • Jan 2010

Franchise QB you are going way too far into that. Wait till season's end my friend then we will discuss that. Lots of games still to be played and right now too early.
                  Last edited by The Warrior; 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                    it's too early to say all that about a winning atmostphere. a winning culture takes more than 2 wins against bad teams. But so far Gailey seems like the right fit for Buffalo. Not sure if he can take this team to the next level, we'll see.
                    I didn't say we arrived to a winning culture yet.
                    I did say the foundation for one is being laid. We won't have one till we win more often than not.

But I see two things that are elements of it. Never quitting and passion for what they do. Two important elements.

The one thing that I was curious today to see was how they responded to winning last week. They got the goose egg off their record and wouldn't have the "pressure" of going winless. They got behind 28-7. They came back, they didn't fold and won. That speaks volume.
                    Photobucket

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I still say that if both of the Bengals starting safeties never got hurt and stayed in the game, the Bills would have lost this game in a blowout. And Fitzpatrick would have been pulled by the start of the 4th quarter after throwing 4 interceptions.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I didn't say we arrived to a winning culture yet.
                        I did say the foundation for one is being laid. We won't have one till we win more often than not.

But I see two things that are elements of it. Never quitting and passion for what they do. Two important elements.

The one thing that I was curious today to see was how they responded to winning last week. They got the goose egg off their record and wouldn't have the "pressure" of going winless. They got behind 28-7. They came back, they didn't fold and won. That speaks volume.
                        I think having so few penalties is telling on how this team is developing as well. I agree, we are on the way up. But prove it against really good teams... that's the next big hurdle, and with our talent, it's a big one.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

My new least favorite term: Franchise QB. What the hell does it mean? If it means a QB that a franchise can feel comfortable with for the next few years, then yes, Fitz may just be our Franchise QB. Dude is far from perfect and has areas he can still improve on, but there are at least a dozen teams that would trade their garbage QB for him and probably another dozen that would have to think long and hard about whether they have a better QB situation than ours.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
                            I still say that if both of the Bengals starting safeties never got hurt and stayed in the game, the Bills would have lost this game in a blowout. And Fitzpatrick would have been pulled by the start of the 4th quarter after throwing 4 interceptions.
                            Gailey will not pull Fitz, he is going to make a couple throws a game that make you cringe but he makes some absolutely stunning throws that put this team in position to win.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              Do you want Jake Delhomme or a franchise QB? Fitz reminds me of a guy who can be average and win some games, but never good enough to carry the team to the ultimate prize. When you have a shot at what should be a very good, franchise QB or keep an "all right" guy at the position, I'm going to take the franchise guy every day of the week.
                              To add weight to the opps argument here the Ravens won a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer. I know, the Ravens Defense was phenomenal that year right? but if we had a better defense, you have to wonder how far that could actually take us even with a guy like Fitzpatrick who I know is a better QB than Dilfer was. lol JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X