• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm glad we lost

I'm glad to see that we played tough and hung with a good team, showed that we could, and still lost.

This season is done for, we're not going to the playoffs. So there's no better time to have a terrible record and get the high draft picks. Why stay mediocre year after year? Hit rock bottom this year record-wise, and get some talent to go with our newly found heart to win games. Better days will come.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: I'm glad we lost

People will **** on you and call you a loser, but I agree.

I want the games to be entertaining and close, but I think high draft picks this coming Spring are vitally important if this franchise is ever going to turn around.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 11-29-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I always want to win, and then draft the best defensive players we can with whatever picks we have.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I always want to win, and then draft the best defensive players we can with whatever picks we have.
        Most people want the Bills to win just like you. This is just a coping mechanism for some of us.
        Last edited by hydro; 11-29-2010, 09:45 AM.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Here's the problem with that wanting to lose theory. The only real game changer, in my opinion, that warrants such a high draft pick is Luck. Now, we don't even know if he's declaring and it doesn't look like we'd have the worst record in the league to even pick him.

I want to win. A top 5 draft pick does not guarantee you a playoff birth. I would much rather see this team have a winning mentality and find ways to win.

Comment

• bf1
            • Oct 2010

I'm not glad we lost. Never am. But I'm not upset over it.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

I want the team to win period. If they lose and happen to get better draft position, so be it.

However, at this point, even from a drafting perspective I want them to win. If we're not getting Luck, then I'd really rather not given 60-70 million to a decent defensive player that may or may not be good. As DB has said several times, the real value in this draft is in the mid to late first round. I'd prefer to draft in the 8-10 slot, which is possible because there are a good number of crappy teams out there.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hydro
                Most people want the Bills win just like you. This is just a coping mechanism for some of us.

I agree, as painful as the the loss was, knowing we are helping ourselves in the draft does make it a little less painful.

The league is going to be voting on extending the season by two games. In my opinion they should opt to have a playoff format for the lower tier of the NFL to set the draft order instead. The winner of the lower tier playoffs gets the 1st pick, runner up 2nd and so on. It would increase fan support towards the end of the season for struggling and middle of the road football teams.

Why reward someone for poor management, coaching and execution out on the playing field?

Why send a top prospect like Andrew Luck to a failing organization so it decreases his chances to one day win a championship?

What we need in this League is a Toilet Bowl Championship...
                Last edited by Figster; 11-29-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bangarang
                  Here's the problem with that wanting to lose theory. The only real game changer, in my opinion, that warrants such a high draft pick is Luck. Now, we don't even know if he's declaring and it doesn't look like we'd have the worst record in the league to even pick him.

I want to win. A top 5 draft pick does not guarantee you a playoff birth. I would much rather see this team have a winning mentality and find ways to win.
                  Well the Bills won't pick 1st, but the higher they pick the better........& not just rnd 1, but every rnd of the draft.

I would have loved to see a win, but will take consolation in the fact the Bills may be a better team in the future because of it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

never glad to lose especially losing in that fashion. Way too many heartbreaks but it's become a normal thing that it doesn't bother me anymore. If we win , great. If we lose, its expected anyways. for this season, ONLY.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Losers

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Normally I might see logic in this, but not this week. This was against Pittsburgh, I wanted this win so bad. And now I'm sitting in hell. Pittsburgh hell.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Normally I might see logic in this, but not this week. This was against Pittsburgh, I wanted this win so bad. And now I'm sitting in hell. Pittsburgh hell.
                          I feel this way about the Patriots.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            I feel this way about the Patriots.
                            Unless you live in or just outside of Boston, I doubt it's the same.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              I'm glad to see that we played tough and hung with a good team, showed that we could, and still lost.

This season is done for, we're not going to the playoffs. So there's no better time to have a terrible record and get the high draft picks. Why stay mediocre year after year? Hit rock bottom this year record-wise, and get some talent to go with our newly found heart to win games. Better days will come.
                              IMO this type of thought is ******ed. Regardless of the record or the implications, I always cheer for a Bills win. How can anyone who calls himself a fan WANT the Bills to lose? Dumb. You don't need a "high" draft pick to get some talent. You just need good talent evaluators and their job has nothing to do with the team's record.

I can't believe anyone who claims to be a Buffalo Bills fan WANTS them to lose. Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                              X