Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Declared Juniors Thread

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Official Declared Juniors Thread

Kyle Rudolph and Michael Floyd have asked for evals.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...aft-evaluation

As will several Mizzou Tigers:

"Missouri defensive ends Aldon and Jacquies Smith and quarterback Blaine Gabbert and tight end Michael Egnew told PowerMizzou.com Sunday that they will enter their names for consideration in the 2011 NFL draft."

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/12...#ixzz18BFETUlR

Case Keenum will ask for a 6th year of eligibility:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...ESPNUHeadlines

Thanks
    Thanked 24,404 Times in 14,132 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by methos4ever
    He's 280 right now isn't he? I see Bunting compares him to Ferguson, but would a team put a top ten pick toward a guy who cannot block anything but zone?
    He's listed at 280 but he doesnt look it. He looks closer to 300 and is super athletic. Im not sold on the Ferguson comparison yet, but I can see a few similarities.

The thing with ZBS guys isn't the fact that they only played in the scheme, its other stuff you look for like field awareness, can they spot blitzers coming from the 2nd level? Is there head on a constant swivel, how's their footwork?

You can test the other stuff like how fast their kick step is, how strong they are, etc.

The thing that hurt Bruce Campbell though most of all was just a complete lack of experience.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era

"Missouri defensive ends Aldon and Jacquies Smith and quarterback Blaine Gabbert and tight end Michael Egnew told PowerMizzou.com Sunday that they will enter their names for consideration in the 2011 NFL draft."

Floyd is as good as gone, Id be shocked if Rudolph left early though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

UConn's RB Jordan Todman and DT Kendall Reyes have submitted paperwork to the board.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would flip shiznit if Gabbert ended up declaring, getting him in the late 1st early second is absolutely ideal. He's the perfect guy for Fitz to groom for a year or two.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreArthurMoates
    I would flip shiznit if Gabbert ended up declaring, getting him in the late 1st early second is absolutely ideal. He's the perfect guy for Fitz to groom for a year or two.
    I'd have no problem with drafting him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd have no problem with drafting him.
    Id have a big problem with spending that high of a pick on him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Arizona QB Nick Foles staying in school;
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/sports-news...dcats-in-2011/

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Id have a big problem with spending that high of a pick on him.
    I wouldn't see him going late 1, but in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind. he was inconsistent this year because he still is developing. But I strill like him better than Locker based on what we've seen (not potential). I think he would be a very good fit due to his size, arm strength, and familiarity with spread sets and the shotgun that we seem to want to run so much. I like his ability to read defenses and go through progressions and I like that he shown an ability to make something happen with his arm or feet when he rolls out. To me, he should go back to school and show he can gain more poise in the pocket, he seemed to get happy feet and would pull it down to early at times. And like I said, I think he can further develop his decision making a.l.a. Mallett.

But if he declares, I'd love to have him develop both those areas under Fitz and Chan. I really like what I think he can become.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-18-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marc Tyler, RB, USC staying as is Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State

Links above.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

speaking of ohio state, I'm glad Nathan Williams has decided to not even put his paper work in for the NFL and he is staying. Chris Spielman was saying on his radio show that he thought he was the only NFL ready Buckeye this year.
    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorEdwards
    speaking of ohio state, I'm glad Nathan Williams has decided to not even put his paper work in for the NFL and he is staying. Chris Spielman was saying on his radio show that he thought he was the only NFL ready Buckeye this year.
    Deadline hasn't passed to submit their paperwork. Plenty of prospects wait till post bowl game to do so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Florida safety Will Hill had this to say on his Twitter:

#Gators Will Hill "farewell uf" message on facebook can be seen here: http://on.fb.me/i4pw6A

I won't update the list yet... could mean he's declaring.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Florida safety Will Hill had this to say on his Twitter:

#Gators Will Hill "farewell uf" message on facebook can be seen here: http://on.fb.me/i4pw6A

I won't update the list yet... could mean he's declaring.
    Not buying it right now. Ive heard too many conflicting reports on him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Deadline hasn't passed to submit their paperwork. Plenty of prospects wait till post bowl game to do so.
    Buckeyes' center Mike Brewster among five Ohio State juniors who asked for NFL evaluations

Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 4:52 PM Updated: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 9:45 PM
    By Doug Lesmerises, The Plain Dealer

GROVE CITY, Ohio -- Ohio State center Mike Brewster was one of two Buckeyes to earn first-team All-American honors this season. Wednesday, he confirmed he was one of five juniors to submit paperwork to the NFL to have his draft status evaluated.

A bit surprisingly, defensive end Nathan Williams said he was not one of the five, choosing to skip the process because he said it was too much of a hassle and he was going to come back for his senior year, no matter what.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday how many players had taken that step, but he declined to name them. In years past, the coach has sometimes spilled the beans on the names and other times kept it to himself.

Frankly, getting the information from the NFL isn't that big of a deal. In the previous four years, four, 13, six and 10 juniors asked for the evaluation, which only gives players an educated guess at where they'd go in the draft within a two-round range.

Continued..................
    Last edited by SaviorEdwards; 12-20-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of guys are going to wait to see what happens with the CBA. If the CBA is extended, you will see a lot more guys come out. If it is not, then some Juniors might decide to stay in school another year.

The CBA extension is big for trades as well. You won't be able to make trades involving players before the draft unless the CBA is extended. You can trade draft picks for draft picks, but not players for players or players for draft picks (minus a CBA extension).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ickybaluky
    I think a lot of guys are going to wait to see what happens with the CBA. If the CBA is extended, you will see a lot more guys come out. If it is not, then some Juniors might decide to stay in school another year.

The CBA extension is big for trades as well. You won't be able to make trades involving players before the draft unless the CBA is extended. You can trade draft picks for draft picks, but not players for players or players for draft picks (minus a CBA extension).
    Also if the CBA is not extended there will be no UDFA pickups.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ickybaluky

Well, they have about 23 days to decide, so the CBA won't be decided before their decision point (Jan 15th), IMO.

Sounds good in theory, but because the timing won't be right, it will probably have little impact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, they have about 23 days to decide, so the CBA won't be decided before their decision point (Jan 15th), IMO.

Sounds good in theory, but because the timing won't be right, it will probably have little impact.
    Its already had a massive impact. Nick Saban called all his draft eligible players in for a meeting and told them not to leave early because of the CBA issues. Coaches around the country are using this is as big time leverage and its working. Looking how small the list is as of now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Its already had a massive impact. Nick Saban called all his draft eligible players in for a meeting and told them not to leave early because of the CBA issues. Coaches around the country are using this is as big time leverage and its working. Looking how small the list is as of now.
    The reason is disagree is this.

The days of the huge rookie contracts are over. That ended when the owners opted to end the current CBA. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that any draftee this year and in the future will have a contract which fits into the new rookie wage scale. So, money wouldn't seem to be the issue.

The only viable reason to stay because of the CBA situation would be if the draftees believed there was going to be a work stoppage. Why sit at home for part of next season when you could be playing football for your college.

As far as the pace at which these players are declaring, I would think the major reason is that we haven't gone through all the bowl games yet. I think we will see the pace pickup after X-mas and when we get into early Jan.

Just my