Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Official Declared Juniors Thread

AJ Green is declared;
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Looks like WR's Greg Childs, Jarius Wright, and Joe Adams for Arkansas are staying in school. But it's just Wright commenting so I'd like to see something more official.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Maryland WR Torrey Smith is gone;
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Two more:

CB - Aaron Williams - Texas
          WR - DeAndre Brown - Southern Miss

Williams, a two-year starter at Texas, says he was told by the NFL draft advisory board that he’s likely to be a first- or second-round pick. Brown, a 6-foot-6, 239-pounder who has great athletic talent but has been slowed by injuries, probably can’t expect to go that high.
          Also, the 5 suspended Buckeyes apparently pledged to return to Ohio State next season. Of course, they needed to do that to play in the Sugar Bowl and could change their minds, so stay tuned.

LINK
          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 12-31-2010, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple DT/DE - http://phillysportsdaily.com/college...for-nfl-draft/

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

Tori Gurley, WR So Carolina - http://www.midlandsconnect.com/sport...aspx?id=561874

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever

Really like Wilkerson as a Carrington esque prospect, but a little further along developmentally.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever

Very talented WR with great size, but I dont get his decision. Be curious to know if he signed with an agent already.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Not surprisingly DeAndre Brown (WR-So. Miss), Jordan Toddman (RB-UCONN), and Shane Vereen (RB-Cal) all have declared.

Brown;

Toddman;
                    Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Vereen;
                    After saying Monday he didn’t need to address the team about rumors of his potential departure, and then addressing that very topic to his Eagles players on Tuesday, Chip Kelly said Wednesday that the team meeting wasn’t about reassuring his guys that he’s here to stay. The point of the meeting, Kelly said, was to illustrate the difference between perception…

There Vereen link also shows that Wisconsin WR Nick Toon is staying an additional year.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      You realize no CBA means that no rookie will get a contract, so any kid who leaves early is going to be sitting home broke right?

The draftees better damn well believe there is gonna be a work stoppage, because that's how bad the situation is. Which is what every coach in the country is telling their kids.
                      this is pure speculation. the situation is not that bad...

the players and owners WILL miss out on billions if there is a work stoppage. its not gonna happen...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE

the players and owners WILL miss out on billions if there is a work stoppage. its not gonna happen...
                        Nothing I said is speculation. I did not say there would or would not be a lockout. I simply said what will happen is a lockout occurs come April. If we are in a lockout then by rule the owners cannot sign any player.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• methos4ever
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE

Here's the breakdown of what is about to happen, regardless of CBA, Junior, etc. Any time a player is interested in going into the draft with an agent, (from say December when they de-enroll at school until they (usually) sign their contract in August) that player is accumulating nothing as far as money.

So when they go to the speed camps, when they go clubbing with their boys and when they buy cars, jewelry, etc their agent is paying for it as a loan. When they do this, they keep track and charge (for some agents overcharge) interest and when the player gets his first contract, that agent is reimbursed for the "loans" as well as the agent's 3%.

Now compound that with the labor issues as DB mentioned - as a kid who declares early, you are essentially saying you're willing to bet that you'll be able to survive until, say October of 2011 with no money other than those loans. That's a very, very, very bad situation to be in.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Been away from home for the holidays and my brothers wedding, I will get to updating the OP probably tonight.

I also have a lot of catching up to do with all the bowl games... It's going to be a busy month for me...

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Brandon Burton, CB, Utah declaring:

"Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Blaine Gabbert is in;

Based on numerous sources and rumors, the word was Gabbert was only in if Luck was out and Gabbert was out if Luck is in. If this holds true it looks like Andrew Luck will remain in school.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X