X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaviorEdwards
    • Feb 2010

Re: Official Declared Juniors Thread

speaking of ohio state, I'm glad Nathan Williams has decided to not even put his paper work in for the NFL and he is staying. Chris Spielman was saying on his radio show that he thought he was the only NFL ready Buckeye this year.
    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards
      speaking of ohio state, I'm glad Nathan Williams has decided to not even put his paper work in for the NFL and he is staying. Chris Spielman was saying on his radio show that he thought he was the only NFL ready Buckeye this year.
      Deadline hasn't passed to submit their paperwork. Plenty of prospects wait till post bowl game to do so.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Florida safety Will Hill had this to say on his Twitter:

#Gators Will Hill "farewell uf" message on facebook can be seen here: http://on.fb.me/i4pw6A

I won't update the list yet... could mean he's declaring.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
          Florida safety Will Hill had this to say on his Twitter:

#Gators Will Hill "farewell uf" message on facebook can be seen here: http://on.fb.me/i4pw6A

I won't update the list yet... could mean he's declaring.
          Not buying it right now. Ive heard too many conflicting reports on him.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Deadline hasn't passed to submit their paperwork. Plenty of prospects wait till post bowl game to do so.
            Buckeyes' center Mike Brewster among five Ohio State juniors who asked for NFL evaluations

Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 4:52 PM Updated: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 9:45 PM
            By Doug Lesmerises, The Plain Dealer

GROVE CITY, Ohio -- Ohio State center Mike Brewster was one of two Buckeyes to earn first-team All-American honors this season. Wednesday, he confirmed he was one of five juniors to submit paperwork to the NFL to have his draft status evaluated.

A bit surprisingly, defensive end Nathan Williams said he was not one of the five, choosing to skip the process because he said it was too much of a hassle and he was going to come back for his senior year, no matter what.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday how many players had taken that step, but he declined to name them. In years past, the coach has sometimes spilled the beans on the names and other times kept it to himself.

Frankly, getting the information from the NFL isn't that big of a deal. In the previous four years, four, 13, six and 10 juniors asked for the evaluation, which only gives players an educated guess at where they'd go in the draft within a two-round range.

Continued..................
            Last edited by SaviorEdwards; 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM.
            "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

I think a lot of guys are going to wait to see what happens with the CBA. If the CBA is extended, you will see a lot more guys come out. If it is not, then some Juniors might decide to stay in school another year.

The CBA extension is big for trades as well. You won't be able to make trades involving players before the draft unless the CBA is extended. You can trade draft picks for draft picks, but not players for players or players for draft picks (minus a CBA extension).

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                I think a lot of guys are going to wait to see what happens with the CBA. If the CBA is extended, you will see a lot more guys come out. If it is not, then some Juniors might decide to stay in school another year.

The CBA extension is big for trades as well. You won't be able to make trades involving players before the draft unless the CBA is extended. You can trade draft picks for draft picks, but not players for players or players for draft picks (minus a CBA extension).
                Also if the CBA is not extended there will be no UDFA pickups.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ickybaluky

Well, they have about 23 days to decide, so the CBA won't be decided before their decision point (Jan 15th), IMO.

Sounds good in theory, but because the timing won't be right, it will probably have little impact.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Well, they have about 23 days to decide, so the CBA won't be decided before their decision point (Jan 15th), IMO.

Sounds good in theory, but because the timing won't be right, it will probably have little impact.
                    Its already had a massive impact. Nick Saban called all his draft eligible players in for a meeting and told them not to leave early because of the CBA issues. Coaches around the country are using this is as big time leverage and its working. Looking how small the list is as of now.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Its already had a massive impact. Nick Saban called all his draft eligible players in for a meeting and told them not to leave early because of the CBA issues. Coaches around the country are using this is as big time leverage and its working. Looking how small the list is as of now.
                      The reason is disagree is this.

The days of the huge rookie contracts are over. That ended when the owners opted to end the current CBA. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that any draftee this year and in the future will have a contract which fits into the new rookie wage scale. So, money wouldn't seem to be the issue.

The only viable reason to stay because of the CBA situation would be if the draftees believed there was going to be a work stoppage. Why sit at home for part of next season when you could be playing football for your college.

As far as the pace at which these players are declaring, I would think the major reason is that we haven't gone through all the bowl games yet. I think we will see the pace pickup after X-mas and when we get into early Jan.

Just my

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

The reason is disagree is this.

The days of the huge rookie contracts are over. That ended when the owners opted to end the current CBA. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that any draftee this year and in the future will have a contract which fits into the new rookie wage scale. So, money wouldn't seem to be the issue.

The only viable reason to stay because of the CBA situation would be if the draftees believed there was going to be a work stoppage. Why sit at home for part of next season when you could be playing football for your college.

As far as the pace at which these players are declaring, I would think the major reason is that we haven't gone through all the bowl games yet. I think we will see the pace pickup after X-mas and when we get into early Jan.

Just my
                        You realize no CBA means that no rookie will get a contract, so any kid who leaves early is going to be sitting home broke right?

The draftees better damn well believe there is gonna be a work stoppage, because that's how bad the situation is. Which is what every coach in the country is telling their kids.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

You realize no CBA means that no rookie will get a contract, so any kid who leaves early is going to be sitting home broke right?

The draftees better damn well believe there is gonna be a work stoppage, because that's how bad the situation is. Which is what every coach in the country is telling their kids.
                          Yeah, I guess I just think that the potential loss of money for the owners and players will get them to an agreement well before next season. Obviously I could be wrong but everyone stands to lose a lot out of this.

But yes, no CBA means no contract I see that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Yeah, I guess I just think that the potential loss of money for the owners and players will get them to an agreement well before next season. Obviously I could be wrong but everyone stands to lose a lot out of this.

But yes, no CBA means no contract I see that.
                            Those loses (for the owners) can be made up quickly, especially with the expanded revenues from an 18 game season.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Those loses (for the owners) can be made up quickly, especially with the expanded revenues from an 18 game season.
                              Doesn't the each team get an additional bye? If so, were talking about on regular season game replacing 2 preseason games.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Doesn't the each team get an additional bye? If so, were talking about on regular season game replacing 2 preseason games.
                                Which is a lot of extra revenue.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍