Thread: T.O. rips B'gal's Mgt, coaches - he's right

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

T.O. rips B'gal's Mgt, coaches - he's right

Terrell Owens spoke up about the lousy management and coaches of CIN:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...kluster-season

He's absolutely right. I've lived here 20 years now. Owner Brown is also GM and President. Half his family is on the management staff. Marvin Lewis is a terrible game day coach. Their idiot OC Bob Bratkowski has worked under several HC's - Brown never fires anyone - won't eat a contract. Won't hire scouts. Won't build an indoor practice facility.

The entire league knows the CIN playbook - During a game against BAL a few years back, Rich Gannon commented that it was as if BAL knew what plays they were running.

The arch-idiot Bratkowski. It was 10 -7 PGH at the half. In the 2nd half, Bratkowski called ONE running play. I could go on forever, many ,many games where this fellow and Marvin engineered defeat.

It pains me when people take shots at Ralph. He's a thousand times better than Brown.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: T.O. rips B'gal's Mgt, coaches - he's right

I crack up about this because it's 100% true, but T.O. is getting slammed by the "unbiased" media for saying it. Just another reason I'm glad I dumped ESPN a few weeks ago.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    I crack up about this because it's 100% true, but T.O. is getting slammed by the "unbiased" media for saying it. Just another reason I'm glad I dumped ESPN a few weeks ago.
    IIRC, several other owners took Brown aside and told him that he was hurting the overall NFL with his ways, a few years ago.

He thinks he a draft genius - Wasted his #6 overall in '08 on that injured tub of goo Andre Smith, drafted a RB named Kenny Irons in the 2nd in '07 (who was injured and out of football in his 1st NFL preseason game) despite having a then-servicable Rudi Johnson, drafted an unknown WR, Jerome Simpson in '09 at the two spot - I think he has 3 or so active games over 2 years.

His teams have long been league leaders for players on IR. This year, they are 2nd after IND.

Brown got (successfully) sued by PSL buyers for falsifying seating. He got (successfully) sued when he claimed that PSL buyers had agreed to purchase season tix for ten years IIRC.

If you want to make a case for rapacious ownership, Brown is your poster child.

As well as the stadium contract - that is a story unto itself.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-15-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i'm stunned that TO called out Marvin but didn't call out Jauron. Maybe since he has the stats, he knows people will knock on his door next year. last year he didn't have that benefit.

what's the story with the cincy stadium deal?

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The incompetence here trumps by far anything that the Bills had to endure from Jauron.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,353 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bengals basically draft the Kipper draft guide... (i'm not kidding... check it out sometime, it's creepy how close they stick to it)
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy

It pains me when people take shots at Ralph. He's a thousand times better than Brown.
    Sorry but this is completely illogical. The Bills have struggled for a decade. They have sucked for roughly 38 of their 50 seasons, all under Ralph. The only time he got it right was the early 90's, and even then we never won the big one.

And yet, it "pains" you to see people criticize Ralph because Mike Brown is worse? That makes no sense. Ralph is still responsible for building a winner here, and he consistently fails to do that. Mike Brown's incompetence in Cincy doesn't excuse Ralph's incompetence here.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 12-16-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Sorry but this is completely illogical. The Bills have struggled for a decade. They have sucked for roughly 38 of their 50 seasons, all under Ralph. The only time he got it right was the early 90's, and even then we never won the big one.

And yet, it "pains" you to see people criticize Ralph because Mike Brown is worse? That makes no sense. Ralph is still responsible for building a winner here, and he consistently fails to do that. Mike Brown's incompetence in Cincy doesn't excuse Ralph's incompetence here.

While I agree with much of your post, he also got it right in the early 80s when he hired Knox (who was the highest paid coach in the NFL at the time) and especially the mid 60s. Ignoring the mid-60s as part of the limited success in the 50 years is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We are judging him on his incompetence in past decade right now. Not his good stuff. We praised him during that time. You get praised for the good and killed for the horror.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    We are judging him on his incompetence in past decade right now. Not his good stuff. We praised him during that time. You get praised for the good and killed for the horror.
    unfortunately, in the history of the Bills, there has been far more horror than good. Lecter pointed out a few things that I glossed over, but for the most part, this team has been horrible. We sucked in the late '60's, most of the 70's, the mid '80s and the entire 2000's.

The only times this team has been good were the mid 60's, the early and late 80's (with 5 years of suckage in between) and most of the 90's.

Overall, this team has been bad a LOT more than it's been good. And that's on Ralph.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    The Bengals basically draft the Kipper draft guide... (i'm not kidding... check it out sometime, it's creepy how close they stick to it)
    When you refuse to spend money on a scouting department, you have little choice.