Give it up for the kids at WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Give it up for the kids at WR

a 7th rounder and a bunch of UDFA's. Nice job out there and thank you Fitz for giving them the chance.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Give it up for the kids at WR

Originally posted by Stewie
    a 7th rounder and a bunch of UDFA's. Nice job out there and thank you Fitz for giving them the chance.
    Fitz is the best I have seen since Kelly at spreading the ball around. I don't hand that out lightly.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by X-Era
      Fitz is the best I have seen since Kelly at spreading the ball around. I don't hand that out lightly.
      Yeah, he's not bad for a backup! Imagine what it will be like when we get a real starter!!!

Nelson is a good player, I hope he is our "Diamond in the Rough" at the Pats games.
      Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 12-19-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
        Yeah, he's not bad for a backup! Imagine what it will be like when we get a real starter!!!

ya and hes not bad for a starter...it could be worse

and since the bye he has been a winning QB

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

Nelson is a good player, I hope he is our "Diamond in the Rough" at the Pats games.
          Fitz just might stay a little longer as a starter for the Bills - I have that feeling.

I don't think he's a franchise QB, but he could very well be our Jake Delhomme, the Carolina version for a few years.

By the way, today we have no Evans. It just shows it is the QB who makes WRs. We are going to see more proof of that next week when NE comes in town.
          Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 12-19-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

And Kiper (clueless) thinks WR is one of our top needs.

That is one of the most aggrivating thing about that douche, I mean does he even study each team's actual needs or does he just read ESPN?

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

The more I see of them the more there is to like.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Props to Naaman Roosevelt, who had 2 big catches - both for 1st downs - for his first NFL receptions.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                  And Kiper (clueless) thinks WR is one of our top needs.

That is one of the most aggrivating thing about that douche, I mean does he even study each team's actual needs or does he just read ESPN?
                  WR is a big need, having guys who can catch the ball and depth WRs are great. But do we have a clutch WR who can beat the jam consistently against the top CB's in the league?

That's what Kiper is getting at. We have great depth at WR and plenty of talent but we lack a#1 playmaker. I agree 100% with him on that point as well.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    WR is a big need, having guys who can catch the ball and depth WRs are great. But do we have a clutch WR who can beat the jam consistently against the top CB's in the league?

That's what Kiper is getting at. We have great depth at WR and plenty of talent but we lack a#1 playmaker. I agree 100% with him on that point as well.
                    I don't totally disagree, but given the 4 kids that played so well yesterday, plus Evans, Parrish and Easley stockpiled on IR, I see defensive front seven help as a far bigger need.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

WR is way down on the list of needs for this team. Kiper is wrong & so are you.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I don't totally disagree, but given the 4 kids that played so well yesterday, plus Evans, Parrish and Easley stockpiled on IR, I see defensive front seven help as a far bigger need.
                        I'm not saying that it's a huge need, I was just pointing out the differences in what we are talking about with our WR Corp and what Kiprt is saying is a need. Even with Parrish, Evans, and Easley back Id still argue we lack a true #1 NFL caliber WR.

For me if AJ Green falls to us, and guys like Dareus, and Bowers are gone then Id take Green in the blink of an eye.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

I'm not saying that it's a huge need, I was just pointing out the differences in what we are talking about with our WR Corp and what Kiprt is saying is a need. Even with Parrish, Evans, and Easley back Id still argue we lack a true #1 NFL caliber WR.

For me if AJ Green falls to us, and guys like Dareus, and Bowers are gone then Id take Green in the blink of an eye.
                          If that happens (those two are gone), then Peterson is probably still on the board and he becomes the pick, imo.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                            If that happens (those two are gone), then Peterson is probably still on the board and he becomes the pick, imo.
                            I seriously doubt Peterson gets past Detroit. Peterson would be close to the ideal pick for them, as they desperately need DB's. I certainly wouldn't mind getting him, but I don't think we'll be able to land him.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

We have to hope the teams drafting ahead of us are stupid enough to use a top-5 pick on a wr.
                              Detroit used to do that but Millen is gone now and they've finally learned.

Comment

Working...
                              X