Creating a mock draft before free agency begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Creating a mock draft before free agency begins

Is kind of like teaching a baby how to wipe its ass before it knows how to poop in the toilet.

What's the point?
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Creating a mock draft before free agency begins

Boredom? Some people also get excited about the draft. Free agency won't fill every need, so it's very likely we'll still need the following come April:

QB
    WR
    TE
    OT
    DE
    OLB
    ILB
    CB
    S

In no particular order.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

You have to remember that there are guys on here who think they are draft experts, some even throw draft in their name, and they use cool words like technique, film, etc. I use to do it, I use to watch so much college football I thought I knew what would translate into the NFL too. These guys only wait until the end of the season so they can try to explain what NFL teams are going to do because they watch some college football games and have an opinion on what NFL teams and GMs are going to do. At the end of the day they, like the rest of us have absolutely no idea. You have to just take it for what it is, entertainment. Think of the mock drafts as wrestling, it looks all nice and good, but at the end of the day, it is entertainment.
      Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 01-07-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Stewie
        Is kind of like teaching a baby how to wipe its ass before it knows how to poop in the toilet.

What's the point?
        I doubt we fill in FA whatever position we pick in at #3. I think FA will be used for ILB and OL depth.

As for our first pick it will most likely be CB, QB or pass rushing front 7 player.

So I think it is fair to speculate on our 1st rounder regardless of FA.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          You have to remember that there are guys on here who think they are draft experts, some even throw draft in their name, and they use cool words like technique, film, etc. I use to do it, I use to watch so much college football I thought I knew what would translate into the NFL too. These guys only wait until the end of the season so they can try to explain what NFL teams are going to do because they watch some college football games and have an opinion on what NFL teams and GMs are going to do. At the end of the day they, like the rest of us have absolutely no idea. You have to just take it for what it is, entertainment. Think of the mock drafts as wrestling, it looks all nice and good, but at the end of the day, it is entertainment.

hmmm , wasnt the whole message board wanting orakpo? or how about ngata? or mckinnie. we are not as clueless as you make it out to be... in fact if buffalos past front office was replaced with 1 random bills fan we would be better...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
            hmmm , wasnt the whole message board wanting orakpo? or how about ngata? or mckinnie. we are not as clueless as you make it out to be... in fact if buffalos past front office was replaced with 1 random bills fan we would be better...
            Yeah, OK.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

What's the point?
              I would kind of like my kid to be let in on the ass wiping secret before he takes his first dump but that's just me.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

What's the point?
                It wont stop people from doing it though. Welcome to the offseason.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

How bout we shut down the board and resume in 2 months.... Peace yall.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

What's the point?
                    I think the bigger foul is doing one before the Jrs all declare. Every single mock draft changed yesterday.

Im not really doing any this year, like I have in year's past. Its just too hard to perdict this early.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I think the bigger foul is doing one before the Jrs all declare. Every single mock draft changed yesterday.

Im not really doing any this year, like I have in year's past. Its just too hard to perdict this early.
                      Are you going to do the mock draft game again, where people sign up and everyone is assigned a team? That was fun, though would have been a lot better if more people had both signed up and participated.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                        Are you going to do the mock draft game again, where people sign up and everyone is assigned a team? That was fun, though would have been a lot better if more people had both signed up and participated.

Yep, along with the pick-a-day game, the combine contest, and the best 1st round mock.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Can't argue with that.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

I'll see your random bills fan and raise you a spider monkey.

step 1) buy a "draft guide" and creat a draft board in the form of a dart board.

step 2) teach a spider monkey to throw darts

step 3) update the dart board as needed to reflect chosen players and adding additional names further down the list

You tell me that the spider monkey could not have beaten our results for the past decade

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

nothing more boring than reading mock drafts
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X