X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Golisano talks Bills ownership......

Brenden Schooler came out of nowhere Sunday to reject a Dolphins field goal attempt. How he do it? How did the play come about?

"Would I be interested in the Bills?" Golisano repeated when asked. "I think the key issue would be the level of concern I would have about them leaving the community, and the higher the concern, the more interest I probably would have."

Nice to know someone with the dough has his eyes set on keeping the Bills in Buffalo.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: Golisano talks Bills ownership......

Originally posted by BidsJr
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

"Would I be interested in the Bills?" Golisano repeated when asked. "I think the key issue would be the level of concern I would have about them leaving the community, and the higher the concern, the more interest I probably would have."

Nice to know someone with the dough has his eyes set on keeping the Bills in Buffalo.
    I wouldn't read too much into this. Besides, if people hate how cheap Ralph runs the Bills, how would TG be any different? Aren't we cheering him out the door with the Sabres?

PTR
    Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM.
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
      I wouldn't read too much into this. Besides, if people hate how cheap Ralph runs the Bills, how would TG be any different? Aren't we cheering him out the door with the Sabres?

PTR
      Golisano owning the Buffalo Bills > some random douche owning the Los Angeles Bills

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TrEd FTW
        Golisano owning the Buffalo Bills > some random douche owning the Los Angeles Bills
        Well Ralph Wilson owns the Buffalo Bills and it's a non-stop *****-fest so I wonder if your point is valid.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
          Well Ralph Wilson owns the Buffalo Bills and it's a non-stop *****-fest so I wonder if your point is valid.

PTR
          Of course it's valid. As much *****ing as there is over Wilson (and pretty much all of it is legit), it's better than not having a team. I guarantee you everyone here would agree.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

This was definitely the best news about the Sabres sale is knowing that the Bills will be safe here.

Comment

• Bosco
              • Aug 2004

I can't believe how much a small statement about the Bills has become so overblown in the media.

This is part of what Tom said :

"The Buffalo Bills just like the Buffalo Sabres are a very important asset to this community," Golisano said. "But the thing that always comes to light is nobody has ever said that they're for sale or going to be for sale.

"Ralph Wilson is a very smart guy, and if he thinks he has an estate tax problem or is going to have an estate tax problem, I would have to assume he's already done something about it. Now, I know he plays his cards very close to the vest, but I don't ever know if the Buffalo Bills are going to be for sale."

Please stop making this a "When you wish upon a star" moment.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

The blind leading the blind.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• CAbills
                  • Jul 2004

Great a cheap owner that Sabre fans couldnt wait to see leave might be taking his talents to the Bills!
                  Lets Go Buffalo!
                  Boiler Up!

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by CAbills
                    Great a cheap owner that Sabre fans couldnt wait to see leave might be taking his talents to the Bills!
                    The narrative about Golisano being cheap needs to die. The Sabres spent to the salary cap at least once during his tenure and were mostly an average spender relative to other NHL teams. They were far from the bottom of the league.

Granted, if Golisano buys the Bills, he'll have to spend a lot more money to field a team because the NFL easily trumps in the NHL financially. The main problem with Golisano and his management team with the Sabres was that they spent big money on many of the wrong players.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

The first step to the Bills winning the Super Bowl is to make sure there is still "the Buffalo Bills."

If Golisano is the money bags backer behind a group to keep them in Buffalo I'm all for it.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dujek
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2008

The narrative about Golisano being cheap needs to die. The Sabres spent to the salary cap at least once during his tenure and were mostly an average spender relative to other NHL teams. They were far from the bottom of the league.

Granted, if Golisano buys the Bills, he'll have to spend a lot more money to field a team because the NFL easily trumps in the NHL financially. The main problem with Golisano and his management team with the Sabres was that they spent big money on many of the wrong players.
                        The Sabres are closer to the salary cap than a large proportion of the NHL at the moment as well. Golisano may have never been seen as a big spender, but he spent more than most.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

"Buffalo Bills new owner Tom Golisano announced today the hiring of Larry Quinn to fill the vacant GM position..."
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Golisano would be a minority owner at best. I can't see him ponying up half a billion dollars to have majority ownership.

Interesting comment about the "never going to be for sale" thing. I wonder who he would say would get ownership when RW passes then.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Kind of like Omar Minaya and the New York Mets over the last few years...

Comment

Working...
                              X