• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Ok, the Players Union with an ultra douche move

The NFL Players Association is putting into place a plan that would prevent each top college prospect from attending next month's draft in New York, according to multiple league sources.

Uh what?

You have the nerve to deprive these guys of their moments in the sun. Deprive them of something many of them and their families have likely dreamed about for much of their lives.

Also let's be real here, for a good portion of the draftees the proverbial "15 minutes of fame" is all there's going to be in otherwise vacuous careers. Why take that from them?

Just as a technical aside, are the draftees even members of the NFLPA before they even get drafted/signed? Oh wait, didn't they de-certify? So an organization that doesn't even exist is passing down edicts now. Nice, well played..or NOT.
    Last edited by Mad Max; 03-14-2011, 07:45 PM.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: ok the Players Union with an ultra douche move

Originally posted by Mad Max
    Uh what?

You have the nerve to deprive these guys of their moments in the sun. Deprive them of something many of them and their families have likely dreamed about for much of their lives.

Also let's be real here, for a good portion of the draftees the proverbial "15 minutes of fame" is all there's going to be in otherwise vacuous careers. Why take that from them?

Just as a technical aside, are the draftees even members of the NFLPA before they even get drafted/signed? Oh wait, didn't they de-certify? So an organization that doesn't even exist is passing down edicts now. Nice, well played..or NOT.
    For those of us not tied to the news - what are you talking about??
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      For those of us not tied to the news - what are you talking about??
      not sure why the sub-title didn't appear..anyway it's there now

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

not sure why the sub-title didn't appear..anyway it's there now
        thank you

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

the owners just have to sit back and let the players make PR fools of themselves...

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Re: Ok, the Players Union with an ultra douche move

Even before they decertified, the NFLPA had no right to ask such a thing because the College players are not members until after they are drafted & signed by teams.

Really a stupid move by the NFLPA. First they put the season in jeopardy & now they want to try and ruin the draft for the fans & draftees alike. What a bunch of asses, way to get fans on your side NFLPA. NOT.
            Last edited by better days; 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

I stand behind the owners. If there isn't a season next year, so be it.

It's not like the Bills were going to be any good anyways.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                the owners just have to sit back and let the players make PR fools of themselves...
                Ya things are getting a bit out of control when a group that has the likes of Jerrah Jones and Dan Snyder as constituents are the good guys? yikes

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2...ory?id=6216135

Uh what?

Man, I could imagine that Andrew luck is just all smiles from ear to ear right now that he decided to go back to Stanford for another year. lol

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

i can't believe the nflpa. what a bunch of clowns. the guys running the "union" and starting lawsuits are a bunch of dirt bags and do not the deserve the millions of dollars that the fans made them. i can't believe the amount of greed being shown by the players. if it wasn't for the owners initial investment in a team, the players wouldn't have a job to begin with. therefore the owners, should have a higher percentage paid to them. it's not like the players have 1 billion dollars invested in the "businesses."

Comment

• jcdavey
                      • Dec 2006

maybe i'm alone in this opinion but , who cares if college players attend the draft?

i was always mainly interested about the name being called, not the person being there to wear his new teams cap lol

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Greedy ass union!!
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

The NFLPA isn't forcing anyone to do anything but as an incoming draftee why would I want my first encounter with the new set of players I will play with and against to be negative.

From what was said a few days ago the agents for most of these guys told their players to stay away long ago anyway for that reason.

And like jcdavey said, what the hell difference does it make. A player walks the stage and gets to be interviewed by Marshall Faulk and Chris Berman, big deal.

All this move does it makes the jobs of ESPN and the NFL Network harder.

Comment

• TMu11
                            • Mar 2010

The Bills need to sign Keanu Reeves and field a replacement team.
                            After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

It only ends up being, say, a dozen players out of a huge draft anyways. It will take away from some of the appeal but personally I don't think it's that big of a deal anyways.

Truth is, the players rights are owned (in the NFL) based on who drafts them, and not showing up has no affect on that.

Is it a petty, bitter ***** move? Yes.
                              Last edited by X-Era; 03-15-2011, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X