IF Miller isn't ready until the playoffs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: IF Miller isn't ready until the playoffs..

Originally posted by PTI
    Miller was just coming off the best week of play he had all season and was NHL first star of the week, and I don't care if anyone says the other teams shot right at his belly every time. He seemed to be picking up steam. Miller is the only choice to start.
    The dude is coming off a ****ing CONCUSSION. How has Connolly been since being KO'd?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD
      I love how you bring up this city.. don't you know everyone here "lives in the past"? That's exactly what you're doing. You're looking at Miller as the reigning Vezina yet he's not even in the top 20 for GAA OR S%

How about living in the now and not ****ing up something that seems to be working? The team CLEARLY plays better in front of Enroth, there is no denying that.

Since the All-Star break, Enroth is 6-0-1 (1 shutout) with a 2.23 GAA and .926 S%
      Since the All-Star break, Miller is 12-8-4 (2 shutout) with a 2.50 GAA and .918 S%

All I'm saying is throwing Miller in cold would be ******ed. If he came back for Columbus, I'd start him in the playoffs.
      If he is healthy by the first game of the playoffs he starts. I am not living in the past. Living in the past would be talking about Drury and Briere, not a reigning Vezina and a goalie who just was named first star of the week for the NHL.

Not playing a healthy Miller would be ******ed. In fact if Carolina loses tonight I would probably rest Miller for the next two games healthy or not. This is a blessing. Rested Miller for the playoffs.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kelly2reed4six
        Miller has the playoff experience, whereas Enroth has ZERO playoff experience. It is great what enroth has put together for us the last several games, but playoff hockey is a whole new breed! Teams come out looking for the kill, and rookie goaltenders often break down....most recent examples being rask last year....varlomov the year before.

If miller is 100% you go with him....open and shut case!
        Ridiculous.

You don't think these past few games were like playoff games? You don't win those games, you don't even MAKE IT to the playoffs. So to me, these past few games should have been much more nerve racking for a young netminder, and he stood tall!
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD
          Ridiculous.

You don't think these past few games were like playoff games? You don't win those games, you don't even MAKE IT to the playoffs. So to me, these past few games should have been much more nerve racking for a young netminder, and he stood tall!
          Sure stood tall against the Caps.... Come on man.

We all like Enroth. Stop with this bench Miller nonsense...

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            If he is healthy by the first game of the playoffs he starts. I am not living in the past. Living in the past would be talking about Drury and Briere, not a reigning Vezina and a goalie who just was named first star of the week for the NHL.

Not playing a healthy Miller would be ******ed. In fact if Carolina loses tonight I would probably rest Miller for the next two games healthy or not. This is a blessing. Rested Miller for the playoffs.
            This whole "chest injury" story is bull****. It was a concussion.

Why do you think he didn't fly with the team for moral support? BECAUSE ITS NOT WISE TO FLY WITH A ****ING CONCUSSION

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

miller's last four games aren't totally representative of his level of play.

so he got two shutouts in one week. I know you guys are watching the game. there is a different feel with the team. with miller in net, there is always a worry that a mindnumbingly painful goal is going to go in. He'll stand on his head for 5 minutes at a time, and then let a weak one in.

I still think it's a factor of him not being 100%.

I would just run with enroth through the end of the season if there is any hesitation on his health.

I also think ruff said it best that "miller is our guy, but everyone on the team is held accountable for their play. he will need to be good."

I put that in quotes, buts not a direct quote. He said he believes in miller but that enroth has played well and miller needs to play better than that. Who can argue.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD
                This whole "chest injury" story is bull****. It was a concussion.

Why do you think he didn't fly with the team for moral support? BECAUSE ITS NOT WISE TO FLY WITH A ****ING CONCUSSION
                Are you kidding me with this. CONSPIRACY THEORY FOLKS.....

I was watching the game where he got hit under the pads with freaking blast right in the shoulder. How long has Kaleta been out with a bone bruise from a hard shot???

There is NOTHING that would leave anyone to believe Miller has a concussion. He didn't fly with the team moral support? What is this a high school cheer leading competitions... Moral support??? Seriously...

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Sure stood tall against the Caps.... Come on man.

We all like Enroth. Stop with this bench Miller nonsense...

Sounds like you pulled an OP and didn't even watch the game. 3 goals were on deflections, 1 was even off of 2 players.

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

If you move forward with Enroth in the playoffs then you to trade Miller in the offseason. Miller has more ego than Tim Thomas.
                    Last edited by PTI; 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      miller's last four games aren't totally representative of his level of play.

so he got two shutouts in one week. I know you guys are watching the game. there is a different feel with the team. with miller in net, there is always a worry that a mindnumbingly painful goal is going to go in. He'll stand on his head for 5 minutes at a time, and then let a weak one in.

I still think it's a factor of him not being 100%.

I would just run with enroth through the end of the season if there is any hesitation on his health.

I also think ruff said it best that "miller is our guy, but everyone on the team is held accountable for their play. he will need to be good."

I put that in quotes, buts not a direct quote. He said he believes in miller but that enroth has played well and miller needs to play better than that. Who can argue.
                      Maybe it's my own personal nerves/perception, but I thought there was a different feel with Enroth in the net. It felt like I was watching basketball, as if the other team was going to score almost every time they got a clean shot off. The Sabres seemed to feel this way as well, as they did everything they could to avoid clean shots.

To be fair, Enroth has come up with some huge saves in this recent stint, but I still feel like he's relatively untested at the NHL level.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD

Sounds like you pulled an OP and didn't even watch the game. 3 goals were on deflections, 1 was even off of 2 players.
                        I did watch the game. Don't tell me Miller would get the same pass you are giving Enroth....

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Are you kidding me with this. CONSPIRACY THEORY FOLKS.....

I was watching the game where he got hit under the pads with freaking blast right in the shoulder. How long has Kaleta been out with a bone bruise from a hard shot???

There is NOTHING that would leave anyone to believe Miller has a concussion. He didn't fly with the team moral support? What is this a high school cheer leading competitions... Moral support??? Seriously...
                          Call it what you want, pal.
                          Miller stayed in the game after the shot, no? But then he misses the next 3 because of it and doesn't fly with the team? Everyone knows Miller is the voice in the locker room, the real leader.. so you wouldn't want him there with the boys in the most important games of the season??

That post is a ****ing idiot.
                          Last edited by JD; 04-06-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

I did watch the game. Don't tell me Miller would get the same pass you are giving Enroth....
                            They were flukey ****ing goals, and yes I would. The defense wasn't playing well and the referees were pulling **** out of their ass.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JD

The 1st and 2nd goals against the Caps were 100% on Enroth. The first one popped straight up in the air and went in behind him after he didn't stop it clean, and the 2nd one was a result of Enroth himself poke-checking it to a waiting Cap in the slot, rather than clearing it to the corner or covering up. I guarantee that neither of those goals happen with Miller in net.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
                                Sabres Zone
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                                The 1st and 2nd goals against the Caps were 100% on Enroth. The first one popped straight up in the air and went in behind him after he didn't stop it clean, and the 2nd one was a result of Enroth himself poke-checking it to a waiting Cap in the slot, rather than clearing it to the corner or covering up. I guarantee that neither of those goals happen with Miller in net.
                                So you're implying Miller would have made the same saves in that game? Like I said 3 of the goals weren't Enroths fault (hence 5-3=2goals in the first)

Have you ever heard of the the "Ryan Miller Shutout" or "Mr. Softie"? For as many amazing saves as Miller has made this year, he's given up just as many ****ty goals.

Proposing sure did him in!

Comment

Working...
                                X