With the 122nd pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

With the 122nd pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

OT Chris Hairston - Clemson

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

• Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: With the 122nd pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

He'll definitely get his crack at the starting RT job. Hopefully open up some holes for his Tiger buddy.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

The Bills finally got their first OT in the draft. He's huge!

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Hmm Heavy D and O-line. What team is this?
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Buddo
          • Mar 2007

Is there a trend showing from Buddy? 4th round - pick a Tackle?
          Maybe CJ's problem last year was not seeing familiar cheeks - so we got him a set.
          Looks like decent value, and we definitely needed to add to the mix @ OT.
          Nothing to complain about here, from me.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BidsJr
            Hmm Heavy D and O-line. What team is this?
            A team driven by wings?

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Love this pick and the value where we took him.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                Love this pick and the value where we took him.
                I thought you would. I was surprised that my Sporting News guide had him undrafted though.

Comment

• Bangarang
                  • Sep 2010

Love this pick.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I read that Hairston had the 2nd most reps for an OL on the bench with 33. Very nice!

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Heres my summary from the guide:

Chris Hairston is an underrated right tackle prospect with great size, strength, and a nasty demeanor. Hairston stands at over 6 foot 6 inches and weighs over 320 pounds. He also has 35 and 1/4 inch arms. Chris has a large upper body and can hold up well to the bull rush. He doesn't have very quick feet but gives great effort and will adjust pretty well to speedy rushers. Chris is really more of a mauler and seems to like the contact. He will get in there and battle away. He uses his size well and gets good leverage. Technique wise, he has some ability sliding and can create a decent wall. He has experience as both a left and right tackle. Chris’s best asset is his run blocking. He drives defenders back and can flat out maul at times. He sinks his hips well and will get under defensive tackles. He plays with good intensity. Overall, a team may find that they get a very good player in a few years if the draft Chris Hairston. Look for him to be drafted in the 3rd through 5th rounds.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
                        I thought you would. I was surprised that my Sporting News guide had him undrafted though.
                        To be honest, he's been a guy I wanted us to get in the 4th round for months.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                          Heres my summary from the guide:

Chris Hairston is an underrated right tackle prospect with great size, strength, and a nasty demeanor. Hairston stands at over 6 foot 6 inches and weighs over 320 pounds. He also has 35 and 1/4 inch arms. Chris has a large upper body and can hold up well to the bull rush. He doesn't have very quick feet but gives great effort and will adjust pretty well to speedy rushers. Chris is really more of a mauler and seems to like the contact. He will get in there and battle away. He uses his size well and gets good leverage. Technique wise, he has some ability sliding and can create a decent wall. He has experience as both a left and right tackle. Chris’s best asset is his run blocking. He drives defenders back and can flat out maul at times. He sinks his hips well and will get under defensive tackles. He plays with good intensity. Overall, a team may find that they get a very good player in a few years if the draft Chris Hairston. Look for him to be drafted in the 3rd through 5th rounds.
                          A mauler? Sweet! That's the kind of player we need for right tackle!

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Clemson RB Spiller running behind Clemson RT Hairston...

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

He won't start. His hands are too small.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X