• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Is Ralph about to **** up our world?

An internal battle is percolating at some of the highest NFL circles in which some owners are resisting a labor deal they've been trying to negotiate with the players, according to multiple sources.

An internal battle is percolating at some of the highest NFL circles in which some NFL owners are resisting the labor deal they've been trying to negotiate with the players, according to multiple sources.

A handful of NFL owners -- at least two of which are from AFC teams -- believe the parameters of the deal being discussed don't adequately address the original issues the league wanted corrected from the 2006 collective bargaining agreement, according to sources.
    It is one of the primary reasons team officials are being prepped to stay an extra night in Chicago at Tuesday's owners meetings. It's not to potentially vote on a new collective bargaining agreement, as many suspected; it actually is to try to fend off some of the resistance that is mounting from a handful of NFL owners, according to sources.

Some of this resistance has caused the NFL to adjust its schedule next week, moving up the time of Tuesday's meeting and prepping teams to potentially have to stay into Wednesday. The league is bracing for internal negotiations and lobbying that will impact how soon football could return.

Who do we know that is an AFC owner, and has been vocal about CBA issues in the past and isn't afraid to go against the grain...Hmmm...

Note: Im not saying he's right, or that he's wrong. The title is just a joke.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Is Ralph about to **** up our world?

I trust Ralph. He needs to get every millimeter that he can get for the small markets of the NFL.

I'd rather lose a season than a team.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

At the end of the day he was right the last time. The deal was a bad one for all the teams, but a terrible one for small market teams.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

I do trust Ralph a hell of a lot more than i trust Jerra Jones or Kraft..they could both give 2 craps if the Bills are in existence, and Ralph has kept us financially viable in a small market.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
          At the end of the day he was right the last time. The deal was a bad one for all the teams, but a terrible one for small market teams.
          bingo. the "representative" owners taking part in the closed meetings are all rich owners from huge markets.

I'd rather a good agreement that makes us competitive and viable as time goes forward vs a quick one
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            bingo. the "representative" owners taking part in the closed meetings are all rich owners from huge markets.

I'd rather a good agreement that makes us competitive and viable as time goes forward vs a quick one
            Do you think the last part is even a possible solution?

Imo, Ralph is in a no-win solution, they dont need his vote to get a new CBA (I dont believe, but I could be wrong) and he has little to no backing. I dont know what the answer is here, other than making as much noise as possible.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Do you think the last part is even a possible solution?

Imo, Ralph is in a no-win solution, they dont need his vote to get a new CBA (I dont believe, but I could be wrong) and he has little to no backing. I dont know what the answer is here, other than making as much noise as possible.

no... remember, the 2006 agreement sailed through and that was a miserable deal for any medium to small market team (hell, most of the big market ones didn't like it either eventually)

he needs to be able to get 6 (i think) owners to vote NO to stop it. I'm not sure he can if the deal is remotely fair.

hell i'm not sure if he can get that many if it's just a redo of the previous agreement.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 06-17-2011, 07:47 AM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                no... remember, the 2006 agreement sailed through and that was a miserable deal for any medium to small market team (hell, most of the big market ones didn't like it either eventually)

he needs to be able to get 6 (i think) owners to vote NO to stop it. I'm not sure he can if the deal is remotely fair.

hell i'm not sure if he can get that many if it's just a redo of the previous agreement.
                I think they need 24 Ingtar, so 9...

This is just a repeat of 2006. If Ralph has more support this time, that means that Jerruh, Kraft and Johnson can't railroad the deal like last time. If anything, Ralph probably has more support because people remember he was right in 06, assuming it's Ralph.
                Last edited by methos4ever; 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Aero II
                  RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                  • Jul 2002

The 2 owners could be from "wealthy" AFC teams that do not want to give up more revinue to the other clubs. Ralph was rright before. Some call him old, I say he's experienced.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

If they are having a problem with an AFC owner I would look no further than Kraft...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

Ralph Wilson and Mike Brown.. There is a reason they are nicknamed "30-2"

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis
                        Ralph Wilson and Mike Brown.. There is a reason they are nicknamed "30-2"
                        Not this time, I don't think. Look at the part from the first quote that talked about resolving issues from 2006. That speaks of money back to the owners.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

I hope its becaue the want to raise for the floor for the salary cap. That means Buffalo actually has to spend money. What's funny is if we actually spent some money, we would retain more of our good players, sign some free agents and be a better football team. Then, when we are winning, they can charge more for tickets which most would gladly pay for.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            If they are having a problem with an AFC owner I would look no further than Kraft...
                            The article states it is owners not involved directly in the negotiations. Kraft is part of the block of owners directly involved in the negotiations. The upcoming owner's meeting is being set up to directly answer questions from the owners that are concerned.

I don't think this is as big a deal as it is being made out to be. Of course some owners who are not involved in negotiations are going to express concerns and want to be informed of the process. They felt they rushed into a deal last time and want to avoid doing the same this time. This will work itself out eventually, hopefully by early next month.

FYI... 24 of 32 owners need to vote to approve a new CBA. Thus, it would take 9 "No" votes to kill a deal.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I'm always shocked to see how many Bills fans still consider Ralph a good owner.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X