Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft can GO TO HELL

Thanks
    Thanked 30,677 Times in 17,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft can GO TO HELL

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle459671.ece

It's disconcerting to hear that there's growing sentiment for putting not just one team in LA, but two. Patriots owner Robert Kraft has said there should be two NFL teams in L.A., the nation's second-largest city. Kraft is on the league's broadcast committee. Surely, the league wouldn't mind having two teams in that large a market.

There are two competing proposals to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, some 16 years after the Rams and Raiders fled town.

The leading contender is Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which wants to build a 72,000-seat stadium on part of the city's convention center campus. AEG has asked the City Council to approve $350 million in municipal bonds to get the project moving by July 31. That would keep the project on schedule to open for the 2016 season.

Philip Anschutz, owner of AEG, is tight with Kraft and Jerry Jones.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,332 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft can GO TO HELL

Greedy bastards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, a city that has failed twice before to support one team should now have two?

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If that douchey hack Sullivan is going to write drivel like this at least he could present the data to support his claims:

"When Wilson is gone, all bets are off. If he dies, the Bills would be at or near the top of any list for possible relocation. Wilson has no known succession plan. He plans to have the team auctioned to the highest bidder. It's hard to imagine the top bid coming from someone who intends to keep the Bills in this market."

If true, the team is a real target for relocation. If not true, there is no story here. Rumors have flown for years that a new ownership group is already forming involving Jim Kelly and even that a succession plan is being worked out or already worked out. But see we have the balls to use the word "rumor". Jerry simply throws crap out like this as fact and as a basis for a whole argument with no data to support it. The onus is on you, Mr. doom and gloom, to provide data showing Ralph Wilson plans to have his team auctioned off to the highest bidder. Hell, I'd be good if he simply used the catch phrase "sources tell me". Instead he uses the anal extraction method for obtaining a key foundation for his entire article. You're the one being paid, it's your job as a responsible journalist. This is irresponsibility at it's finest.
    Last edited by X-Era; 06-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era
    If that douchey hack Sullivan is going to write drivel like this at least he could present the data to support his claims:

"When Wilson is gone, all bets are off. If he dies, the Bills would be at or near the top of any list for possible relocation. Wilson has no known succession plan. He plans to have the team auctioned to the highest bidder. It's hard to imagine the top bid coming from someone who intends to keep the Bills in this market."

If true, the team is a real target for relocation. If not true, there is no story here. Rumors have flown for years that a new ownership group is already forming involving Jim Kelly and even that a succession plan is being worked out or already worked out. But see we have the balls to use the word "rumor". Jerry simply throws crap out like this as fact and as a basis for a whole argument with no data to support it. The onus is on you, Mr. doom and gloom, to provide data showing Ralph Wilson plans to have his team auctioned off to the highest bidder. Hell, I'd be good if he simply used the catch phrase "sources tell me". Instead he uses the anal extraction method for obtaining a key foundation for his entire article. You're the one being paid, it's your job as a responsible journalist. This is irresponsibility at it's finest.

Ralph Wilsons' own mouth stated he has no succession plan and has no intent on selling the franchise while he is alive. Therefore what Sullivan wrote is not drivel and is based upon Ralph Wilsons' own statements.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Ralph Wilsons' own mouth stated he has no succession plan and has no intent on selling the franchise while he is alive. Therefore what Sullivan wrote is not drivel and is based upon Ralph Wilsons' own statements.
    He has stated he does not plan to sell the team while he is alive... the rest is assumption. Do you have proof to say otherwise? Without it this is drivel.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i'm a chargers fan and i'm all for a move because san diego as a city, hasn't properly supported them, i'm not talking about the fans, they have great fans, but that city, it's gone through some real corruption and clearly the city government favors the padres

so anyway, i'm all for the chargers moving, but not to LA, LA loses teams

Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,599 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era
    He has stated he does not plan to sell the team while he is alive... the rest is assumption. Do you have proof to say otherwise? Without it this is drivel.
    Exactly. There is no quote from Wilson stating the team will be "auctioned off to the highest bidder."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey
    i'm a chargers fan and i'm all for a move because san diego as a city, hasn't properly supported them, i'm not talking about the fans, they have great fans, but that city, it's gone through some real corruption and clearly the city government favors the padres

so anyway, i'm all for the chargers moving, but not to LA, LA loses teams
    If you are a huge Chargers fan you'll drive to L.A. to see them anyway.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
    6 hour drive, from experience its not a commute id want to do 8 times a year.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,332 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This article says Jones is in the same camp as Ralph.

Some in the ownership group saw that as a positive in the big picture because it meant that the hardliners – generally believed to include the likes of Jerry Richardson (Carolina Panthers), Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys), Mike Brown (Cincinnati Bengals), Dan Snyder (Washington Redskins) and Ralph Wilson (Buffalo Bills) – would have to back off because their power play failed.

Now, perceived moderates such as John Mara (New York Giants), Clark Hunt (Kansas City Chiefs), Bob Kraft (New England Patriots) and Dean Spanos (San Diego Chargers) have become the lead negotiators for the owners. Richardson has also been part of the process and some believe he has mellowed somewhat the past two months, particularly after his embarrassing treatment of players such as Peyton Manning(notes) became public. Likewise, Kraft was once seen as a hardliner early in the process, but has become much more of a peacemaker since late last season, repeatedly saying that a deal could be made, particularly if the lawyers were left out of the process.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...Goodell_061811

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat

It's disconcerting to hear that there's growing sentiment for putting not just one team in LA, but two. Patriots owner Robert Kraft has said there should be two NFL teams in L.A., the nation's second-largest city. Kraft is on the league's broadcast committee. Surely, the league wouldn't mind having two teams in that large a market.

There are two competing proposals to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, some 16 years after the Rams and Raiders fled town.

The leading contender is Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which wants to build a 72,000-seat stadium on part of the city's convention center campus. AEG has asked the City Council to approve $350 million in municipal bonds to get the project moving by July 31. That would keep the project on schedule to open for the 2016 season.

"There is no question in my mind that IF a Stadium gets built,....." That is the key sentence to that article. Sure the NFL would love to be in LA, but they do not have a Stadium & I doubt they will in my lifetime.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by camelcowboy
    Isn't there a train or something? Is it 6 hours to go 120 miles every day of the week 24/7?

PTR

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
    not I, i live in quebec haha

if they wanna move to quebec i'm ALLLLLL for it

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by camelcowboy
    from living in sd from 1970 - 2001 i can tell you, driving from sd to LA takes under 2 hours

Will not tolerate vandalism. Johnny Bugmenot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid
    So, a city that has failed twice before to support one team should now have two?
    They couldn't support two teams at once, that's the key difference. I absolutely do not want to see two NFL teams in the Los Angeles area. One team, however, would probably survive.

Even back in the 1930s and 40s they had the Bulldogs, which was basically a major league team without a league. They supported the Bulldogs extremely well, but when the Rams moved in, the Bulldogs were kicked to the curb. The same thing happened with the Raiders moving in in 1980, hence the Rams moving to Anaheim and pretty much floundering. L.A. can support one team, but not two. Had both teams not moved at the same time, I'd think it's be safe to say that at least one of them would still be in L.A. to this day.

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the bills will never leave buffalo, even if they did, there would be a new bills team soon enough. the demand and market is to high in the city(buffalo) and in toronto to not have a football team... didnt we sell out like 4 games last year?
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 06-19-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat

Well if they love it so much, they can move the Patsies and Cowgirls to LA. lol I'd vouch for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know why the league is so hell bent on bringing another team back to LA. The Rams and the Raiders both failed there and moved away.

I can see why they would want to try again because of the market but no way could it support two teams. They couldn't support one team. Even when they had the Raiders who are a very popular team nationally they couldn't support it.

LA is huge but it's not a big fanatical sports town like NY which can support two teams. They are fairweather fans in that part of the country. They have many other things to do during the fall and winter like going to the beach or enjoying the outdoors. There are not enough fanatics to support two teams. They could MAYBE support one team under the right circumstances but even that is up in the air.

LA is a high profile celebrity type of place which makes the Lakers very attractive. Not the same with football though.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 06-19-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,677 Times in 17,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TV revenue >>>>>>>>> fan support, that's why they want a team in LA. Mo' money.
    Last edited by YardRat; 06-19-2011 at 08:34 PM.