• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

PFT latest on the bills move bandwagon

Some viewed the recent decision of AEG's Tim Leiweke to list five teams other than the Buffalo Bills as candidates for a purchase-and-pack-it-up transaction as a reason to believe that the Bills won't be targeted for relocation to Los Angeles.

Let the fear-mongering..continue!
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: PFT latest on the bills move bandwagon

The Bills won't be moving.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

i'm so sick of reading this bull****. there is enough interest by people that have enough money to keep the bills here. the bills aren't going anywhere. boom, mark it down.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

PFT is not "reporting" anything other than Jerry Sunshine's latest column.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

I wish Jerry Sullivan would climb a 100' cliff and jump off.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
            i'm so sick of reading this bull****. there is enough interest by people that have enough money to keep the bills here. the bills aren't going anywhere. boom, mark it down.
            The article is spot on, when Ralph dies all bets are off for sure. If you are going to spend a billion on a team you have to make the most money you possibly can. An old stadium in Buffalo is not that place. It's simple math. I know it's not a popular notion but it's the truth. I will be just as upset as anyone else if they leave Buffalo.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Speculating on the Bills move has been almost a yearly panic since 1971, when Seattle was mentioned as our next destination unless a football only stadium was built.

It's like being told "you're going to die !" and 85 years later, the 3rd generation brags " told ya ".

and yet...we're still here...

Enjoy the day and quit dying to be right.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I continue to believe that there are enough people with enough money - Golisano, Pegula, a Kelly Consortium, at least - to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I believe they will be here when Ralph no longer is.

I also realize, however, that I have no control over the situation, and I am plenty old enough not to worry about things that I can't control.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I continue to believe that there are enough people with enough money - Golisano, Pegula, a Kelly Consortium, at least - to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I believe they will be here when Ralph no longer is.
                  I also realize, however, that I have no control over the situation, and I am plenty old enough not to worry about things that I can't control.

That along with the NFL Comissioner's stated desire to have the team remain in WNY are enough for me to be content. I do not believe the team is leaving since any sale has to be approved and while Jones/Snyder may like the idea of getting rid of a revenue sharing the team, they are not the majority of the NFL owners.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    That along with the NFL Comissioner's stated desire to have the team remain in WNY are enough for me to be content. I do not believe the team is leaving since any sale has to be approved and while Jones/Snyder may like the idea of getting rid of a revenue sharing the team, they are not the majority of the NFL owners.
                    The question is does Roger Goodell have enough spine to stand up to Jones, Kraft and Snyder?

PTR
                    10 Commandments of the D
                    1. Never stop Rocking.
                    2. Legalize all drugs.
                    3. Quit your day job.
                    6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      The question is does Roger Goodell have enough spine to stand up to Jones, Kraft and Snyder?

PTR
                      If he can present a better case for a team moving (lack of tradition, poor ticket sales, etc.) then I dont think the owners will pick the Bills over a team like that.

We need Ralph to hold on as long as possible and we need the NFL to move faster on a team to LA.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Buffalo does not have the corporate infrastructure for an NFL team. In all honesty, in today's market this area is not a legitimate NFL market.

It pains me to say so, but a team could be much more successful from a financial stanpoint elsewhere.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                          Buffalo does not have the corporate infrastructure for an NFL team. In all honesty, in today's market this area is not a legitimate NFL market.

It pains me to say so, but a team could be much more successful from a financial stanpoint elsewhere.
                          From a financial standpoint, you are most likely right. As Bills fans we have to hope someone like Pegula or Kelly & his group buy the Bills not to make money, but because they want the Bills to remain in Buffalo.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                            From a financial standpoint, you are most likely right. As Bills fans we have to hope someone like Pegula or Kelly & his group buy the Bills not to make money, but because they want the Bills to remain in Buffalo.
                            There is a huge difference between coming in, buying an NHL team as a hobby for under $200M and throw around another $50M to improve the product and buying an NFL team for $1B (one third of Pegula's worth) and constantly infusing the amount of money it takes to run an NFL team when you don't have the corporate structure in that city.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter

No, but Rochester, Syracuse and Toronto do. Add them up and you have enough corporate support for an NFL franchise.

I know we all hate the Toronto series but we need to have that city in our market. And I'm pretty sure if the Bills were a playoff team they would have less trouble selling out.

In fact the best thing the team can do to keep the team viable in WNY is be a winner. The Bills have a long history of fans travelling hours to games. Toronto, Erie, Olean, Rochester and Syracuse are all within 2 hours drive. Start winning and businesses will want to jump on the bandwagon.

PTR
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              6. F**k her gently.

Comment

Working...
                              X