WGR reporting (ESPN too) door not closed
    WGR is the one who sent the text.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Regehr asked to waive NMC for Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm
    WGR reporting (ESPN too) door not closed
    If he has to take this long to think about or is waiting for other offers, **** him. We'll go win a Stanley Cup without. NEXT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SabreEleven
    If he has to take this long to think about or is waiting for other offers, **** him. We'll go win a Stanley Cup without. NEXT!!!
    i heard he has a pregnant wife

not going to hold it against him if he doesn't want to relocate his family at this point in time, i'd weigh my options if i was him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

clumping platelets

What I posted at HF

"A player who has been in the league for 11 yrs and has been the subject of trade rumors before does not need to do "research" about Buffalo. Cry me a river about "family issues", you are a professional hockey player who makes $4 million/yr and whose wife (and children) certainly enjoys a lifestyle that many women (and kids) dream about............replace "Sabres" with "Flyers" or a few other teams and he'd already have the press conference.

I'd pull the offer and tell to go "blank" himself and go to the next option"

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did anyone see the interview with the Calgary GM? He was asked about the "options" and he basically said Regehr has no other options and that they have a deal they like in place.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by clumping platelets
    What I posted at HF

"A player who has been in the league for 11 yrs and has been the subject of trade rumors before does not need to do "research" about Buffalo. Cry me a river about "family issues", you are a professional hockey player who makes $4 million/yr and whose wife (and children) certainly enjoys a lifestyle that many women (and kids) dream about............replace "Sabres" with "Flyers" or a few other teams and he'd already have the press conference.

what has he seen from buffalo? calgary travels here how often? and what does he see when he does... the beautiful drive from the airport to DT?

you guys are acting like a bitter kid who got rejected by his crush.

if he ends up outside of calgary i'll be a little mad, but let's not act like the guy's an ******* for not wanting to relocate his family when he has a pregnant wife.

i don't think we should put all our eggs into this basket, but i'm just not on board with bashing a guy because he doesn't want to relocate his family on a days notice.

the guy has more than earned the NMC in his contract.
    Last edited by Crisis; 06-24-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and anyways, SJ just traded for burns so it looks like we won't be competing with them if regehr wants to go there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What I posted at HF

You are union, you live by the contract. He has a no move clause. You'd be the first to complain if you were told to give up something in your contract. He had every right to say no. He just should have done it right away. My wife and I debated for months whether to move across the county...he had every right to stay right where he is.

You may be right with the Buffalo claim. The fans here have to learn - Buffalo is not special. It is going to take at least a few years for players to want to come here.
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 06-24-2011 at 08:42 PM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/24...waive--for-now

“I can’t waive unless I see options. I had no options, really, other than this deal. There was never anything other than that. It was a yes or no type thing,” said Regehr, who envisioned a dialogue and the ability to work with the Flames to find a deal that worked for both player and team.

That’s still a possibility.

“It’s a huge, important decision. I just wanted to make sure I explore as many options as possible,” said Regehr, who also didn’t rule out the Sabres in the future after having multiple discussions with GM Darcy Regier over the last few days.

“Darcy Regier has been fantastic,” Regehr said.

“We need to explore all our options. It sounds like Buffalo is great ... but until we see what’s all out there, we can’t make a real good informed decision that we’re comfortable with.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/24...waive--for-now

“I can’t waive unless I see options. I had no options, really, other than this deal. There was never anything other than that. It was a yes or no type thing,” said Regehr, who envisioned a dialogue and the ability to work with the Flames to find a deal that worked for both player and team.

That’s still a possibility.

“It’s a huge, important decision. I just wanted to make sure I explore as many options as possible,” said Regehr, who also didn’t rule out the Sabres in the future after having multiple discussions with GM Darcy Regier over the last few days.

“Darcy Regier has been fantastic,” Regehr said.

“We need to explore all our options. It sounds like Buffalo is great ... but until we see what’s all out there, we can’t make a real good informed decision that we’re comfortable with.”
    Let me translate:

"I really want to go to a big city with lots of attractions. Who wants to be the big fish in the little pond. I want to win a championship in a big league city. If I wanted Buffalo I'd have stayed in Medicine Hat."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...nhl-draft.html

6:50 p.m.: A source says Regehr may be having second thoughts about saying no. He is said to be interested in what other offers are out there, but none match what Buffalo has offered from Calgary's perspective. It's not over yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

9:36 Teams aren't too thrilled to trade for Robyn Regehr right now....a guy who doesn't want to move isn't awe inspiring.

WARNING: LAME SOURCE
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-NIGHT/1/36624

clumping platelets

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    You are union, you live by the contract. He has a no move clause. You'd be the first to complain if you were told to give up something in your contract. He had every right to say no. He just should have done it right away. My wife and I debated for months whether to move across the county...he had every right to stay right where he is.

You may be right with the Buffalo claim. The fans here have to learn - Buffalo is not special. It is going to take at least a few years for players to want to come here.

You are not a hockey player that makes millions of dollars and should not need to research any NHL franchise after 11 yrs in the league and having "many" chats with Regier. Just say you do not want to come to Buffalo and STFU

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You are not a hockey player that makes millions of dollars and should not need to research any NHL franchise after 11 yrs in the league and having "many" chats with Regier. Just say you do not want to come to Buffalo and STFU
    I agree with that and said it; he should have done it right away. Calgary probably told him they don't want him and now he is going to force his way away from Buffalo. This is not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technol...418/story.html

Jay Feaster asked him to waive his no-movement clause for a trade to Buffalo.

After talking things over with the Sabres, Regehr politely declined.

At least for now.

“I couldn’t find anyone to say anything bad about Buffalo,” Regehr said. “Everyone enjoyed the people, the city. Nobody said anything negative about the city.”

So why the ‘nay’ instead of ‘yay’?

“A huge decision,” Regehr said. “We’d like to look at as many options as we can. We didn’t feel comfortable (with just one scenario.)

“I just told Jay that I’d like to see more options. Jay said it was only Buffalo.”

That, according to Feaster, is because Buffalo was the only option.

“I did ask Robyn to waive his no-move for a deal to Buffalo,” Feaster told TSN. “He has indicated he has given it a lot of thought and he’d like to see what options exist. It remains to be seen where we go in terms of options.

“The reason options weren’t presented to him is because we had a deal with Buffalo that made sense. We didn’t have a deal anywhere else. So we’ll have to see what transpires in the next little while.”

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/technol...#ixzz1QFeRifpZ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What a douche.

Pull the trade off the table and **** that guy.

He is in freaking Calgary for christ sake. Isn't like he is in Toronto or Montreal or something....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't get why this idiot assumes he should get all these options? He is ****ing over us and the Flames. Hopefully they don't get another offer and we pull ours to **** them both over.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    What a douche.

Pull the trade off the table and **** that guy.

He is in freaking Calgary for christ sake. Isn't like he is in Toronto or Montreal or something....
    Ever been to Calgary?? I haven't been but have been told it is incredible.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he just saved us from having to deal with Ales again.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    Ever been to Calgary?? I haven't been but have been told it is incredible.
    How "incredible" could it be? I am not hating on there but lets be serious....