Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the Darcy haters now??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Where are the Darcy haters now??

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    I have always bashed Darcy. I didn't like his "We'll have to educate the fans" when dealing with Peca.
    pecca was an idiot who deserved to sit out the year, he was under contract
    I didn't like the way he came in and his first official act was to alienate the fan favorite coach Ted Nolan
    thats what happens when you sleep with the best player in the league at the time's wife(speculation), but there's a reason why he went from coach of the year to unemployed for a decade in one off season
    and I didn't like the way he has always seemed to take forever on moving players and falling in love with some of the guys that he has like Pomminville and Connolly. I feel that anybody who would keep a job where he wasn't allowed to make moves, basically not allowed to improve was someone who was weak. I feel that the Boyes move was decent at the time, but possibly just getting another weak playing player who is soft in the playoffs. There is more that I didn't like about some of the moves that he made or didn't make, but mistakes will always be made.
    got nothing to argue about the rest
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will send him a box of creamsickles whilst I feast on sweet, delicious crow...
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mski
    pecca was an idiot who deserved to sit out the year, he was under contract
    thats what happens when you sleep with the best player in the league at the time's wife(speculation), but there's a reason why he went from coach of the year to unemployed for a decade in one off season
    Peca was a restricted free agent. It all happened before one of the collective bargaining agreements. Peca was asking too much, but the Sabres wouldn't even come close. They were trying to strong arm each other and I believe that both sides sort of had the backing of the players association and management to see who would flinch first. This was a time when management had players by the balls regarding restricted free agents. The Islanders almost immediately paid him over 4 by the way. How about how they treated Audette the same way. They offered him a contract and wouldn't budge. Audette came back and told them he would play for less so that he would become an unrestricted free agent the next year and the Sabres refused because they would lose his rights. Again, this might not have been Darcy and was a league-wide ploy by management to keep players under their collective thumbs.

Please with the speculation of Nolan sleeping with Hasek's wife crap. He went from coach of the year to unemployed because it was speculated that he got one of the good ole boys fired and the good ole boys network basically shut him out. And Quinn screwed that up. I wouldn't doubt Quinn was playing them against each other, but Muckler could be a cantankerous bastard at times too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    Peca was a restricted free agent. It all happened before one of the collective bargaining agreements. Peca was asking too much, but the Sabres wouldn't even come close. They were trying to strong arm each other and I believe that both sides sort of had the backing of the players association and management to see who would flinch first. This was a time when management had players by the balls regarding restricted free agents. The Islanders almost immediately paid him over 4 by the way. How about how they treated Audette the same way. They offered him a contract and wouldn't budge. Audette came back and told them he would play for less so that he would become an unrestricted free agent the next year and the Sabres refused because they would lose his rights. Again, this might not have been Darcy and was a league-wide ploy by management to keep players under their collective thumbs.

Please with the speculation of Nolan sleeping with Hasek's wife crap. He went from coach of the year to unemployed because it was speculated that he got one of the good ole boys fired and the good ole boys network basically shut him out. And Quinn screwed that up. I wouldn't doubt Quinn was playing them against each other, but Muckler could be a cantankerous bastard at times too.
    Again, how do you blame DR for an ownership (and maybe, as you said, backing from the league) for the Peca mess? Are you simply upset about the "educating the fans" line? Sorry, a lot of fans needed and some still need, educating. There are going to be fans who are going to be pissed at DR if the Sabres don't get Richards. That's a fan that needs educating. If somebody is going to get upset about what anybody in sports says then that person will be upset with almost all sporting figures. As far as the Nolan stuff - irrelevant to this conversation.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

darcy reminds me of the senator palpatine/emperor, tell me when you see him you dont think of that...
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS