• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Official July 1 Free Agency thread - Sabres news

Originally posted by clumping platelets
    It's very possible the Sabres realized that Richards is no longer a viable option and decided to pursue the #1 C via trade. Adding Leino gives us excellent depth. We had 4 major needs going into the offseason, addition of Leino fills 3 of them. Improve the team in any way you can.............maybe Roy can be the #1 C until other options become available.
    Even if then cannot get Richards, Stastny or Spezza the Sabres are a much better team now than they were just one week ago.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• generalmills
      • Sep 2003

in a trade situation what winger(s) would you be willing to give up to free up the space? It would have to be substantial, no?

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

From the arena, Leino is the plan B and a center for us. We are out of the Richards sweepstakes. Trades are not off the table.

They planned to go up to meet with Richards but then didn't.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by generalmills
          in a trade situation what winger(s) would you be willing to give up to free up the space? It would have to be substantial, no?
          vanek is the only wing i'd be unwilling to trade... i'd almost say ennis to but i wouldn't be opposed if he was in a deal for someone like spezza.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

So WGR just reported that Darcy Dumbass said Leino was plan B and they are not pursuing Richards and that this is pretty much their roster. Umm, really??? Well folks, this team is nowheres good enough to win a cup and they are very mediocre upfront. Really disappointed if this is the "center" that they are adding.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Leino is a solid signing...not the big splashy signing that many of you hoped for but he's a solid young player with playoff experience. And a guy who had a monster of a playoffs 2 seasons ago with Philly.

Anytime you can add a player like that you've done well.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                Leino is a solid signing...not the big splashy signing that many of you hoped for but he's a solid young player with playoff experience. And a guy who had a monster of a playoffs 2 seasons ago with Philly.

Anytime you can add a player like that you've done well.
                We've got a lot of "solid" players, we need stars...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  So WGR just reported that Darcy Dumbass said Leino was plan B and they are not pursuing Richards and that this is pretty much their roster. Umm, really??? Well folks, this team is nowheres good enough to win a cup and they are very mediocre upfront. Really disappointed if this is the "center" that they are adding.
                  Yes...it's always Darcy. He is so powerful he has yet another owner completely mesmerized. In order for you to be correct then Pegula is just another chump. We might as well just self destruct now.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

the one big thing i love about leino is that he's a bigtime playoff performer though...we need more of those upfront on this team.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      Yes...it's always Darcy. He is so powerful he has yet another owner completely mesmerized. In order for you to be correct then Pegula is just another chump. We might as well just self destruct now.
                      THis team is way better right now. We are deep with the exception of C, and have the prospects and players to make a big trade if we choose. Add in how much better our D is... I'm really happy.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                        THis team is way better right now. We are deep with the exception of C, and have the prospects and players to make a big trade if we choose. Add in how much better our D is... I'm really happy.
                        So am I. I nearly wet myself when the Leino signing was announced. My sarcasm didn't drip through that post?

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

i'm worried about our centers, but we have an owner willing to spend now and we definitely have the assets to acquire one in a trade still.

other than that, our defense looks sick and we have a lot of good wingers....and of course we still have miller and now a dependable backup
                          Last edited by Crisis; 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                            i'm worried about our centers, but we have an owner willing to spend now and we definitely have the assets to acquire one in a trade still.

other than that, our defense looks sick and we have a lot of good wingers....and of course we still have miller and now a dependable backup
                            If you went to sleep when Philly beat Buffalo and woke up at 5PM today and didn't know any of the soap opera behind how these players moved, wouldn't you agree that the Sabres are a much better team today??

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              If you went to sleep when Philly beat Buffalo and woke up at 5PM today and didn't know any of the soap opera behind how these players moved, wouldn't you agree that the Sabres are a much better team today??
                              exactly. it's still only year one of pegula too. the team actually has a direction now.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Getzlaf, Weiss, Bolland, Stastny, Backstrom, Brassard, Staal (pitt)..............there are possibilities

Comment

Working...
                                X