I have no enthusiasm for Football right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

This lockout has really put a damper on my enthusiasm levels. Normally this time of the year all I am talking about is the Bills and what they might do in the upcoming year.

I can name all players and what spot they are on the depth chart.

Right now I don't even know who is where nor have I even given it much thought....

WAY TO GO NFL.... guess this is somewhat preparing me for if the Bills do move.
    Last edited by THATHURMANATOR; 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: I have no enthusiasm for Football right now.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    This lockout has really put a damper on my enthusiasm levels. Normally this time of the year all I am talking about is the Bills and what they might do in the upcoming year.

I can name all players and what spot they are on the depth chart.

Right now I don't even know who is where nor have I even given it much though....

WAY TO GO NFL.... guess this is somewhat preparing me for if the Bills do move.
    Yup, this is how I've felt pretty much since February. In my case, the continuing suckitude of the team is almost as much as a contributing factor though. I always hate this time of year when baseball is the only thing going, but it's even worse this time around since the prospect of football seems vague. I guess there is college football soon enough though.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I'm not looking ahead at all. In February I said to call me when they play the first game. This lockout also shows how pointless most of the offseason stuff is to fans. When they play we will watch. Other than the free agency, schedule release and the draft the NFL could disappear from Feb to Aug and it wouldn't really matter in the end.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

This lockout and they success the Bruins have had this year has pretty much put the Bills in a backseat for me. I would say that football and hockey have probably been my top two sports, but more energy has gone into football. Largely because it's less of a commitment but over the last few seasons, with off field antics of some of these spoiled NFL players, as well as the lockout. I am far more excited about hockey come October than I am about football whenever the hell that starts.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          I'm not looking ahead at all. In February I said to call me when they play the first game. This lockout also shows how pointless most of the offseason stuff is to fans. When they play we will watch. Other than the free agency, schedule release and the draft the NFL could disappear from Feb to Aug and it wouldn't really matter in the end.
          Yeah but what about your enthusiasm levels?

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

I imagine its similar for you Sabres fans since you finally have an owner that cares.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Yeah but what about your enthusiasm levels?

For football?? I have none right now.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
                I imagine its similar for you Sabres fans since you finally have an owner that cares about winning.

corrected.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  I imagine its similar for you Sabres fans since you finally have an owner that cares.
                  WHAT ARE YOUR ENTHUSIASM LEVELS FOR FOOTBALL??

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    For football?? I have none right now.
                    No for Ping Pong.... YEAH FOR FOOTBALL.....

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

WHAT ARE YOUR ENTHUSIASM LEVELS FOR FOOTBALL??
                      Low
                      It was all

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

No for Ping Pong.... YEAH FOR FOOTBALL.....
                        Sorry, no enthusiasm for football.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I literally have no enthusiasm for football right now. We don't even know if they are going to play, and if they do play, the Bills are still going to suck. Our only hope at improvement was rookies and 2nd year guys stepping it up, and they aren't going to get better by missing OTA's and training camp due to the lockout. The way I see it, the lockout has already delayed Buffalo's rebuilding by a year, and the best case scenario is that it's 2-3 more seasons before we start seeing results (and it could be much longer than that if some of the things this team is doing don't pan out).

At this point, I almost hope they don't play this year, so I can take the money I would have spent on Sunday Ticket and use it on Center Ice instead. At least there's hope for the Sabres.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Why would you? Football means cold weather and we all know cold weather sucks.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

The lockout changes nothing for me. Greed ruins everything good in this world. I accept that fact and move on. I'm seriously jonesing for a minicamp right now.

My enthusiasm -->

Comment

Working...
                              X