X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So Monday is the Day

According to Sal Paolantonio on ESPN mid morning. He described himself being one who was never optimistic for a quick resolution or any of those July 1 predictions. But he's saying now according his sources that after lawyers cut today and tomorrow, the big shots (Goodell, smith) coming in thurs & fri to work out the big money split in detail, then the lawyers go back in Sat & Sun for their overtime, and ... Monday maybe photo time for a handshake.

He did mention that the 1st rounder rookie contracts might be a sticky point at this time. I feel like that for teams like the Bills, we need to insisting on 5 years in contract length.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: So Monday is the Day

Hope so. Let training camp begin!!!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

let free agency begin ....... then training camp

Comment

• bluerosekiller
        • Jul 2008

Well, damn, let's hope there's truth to this guy's words, 'cause if it goes beyond Monday, then they're probably going to have to start altering the schedule & cutting games & the whole season will be compromised.
        Which, would REALLY suck. Obviously.

Yeah, I would love an expedited free agency & then camps open ASAP.
        Let's hope so or this autumn is going to be a bitter one.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

The plaintiffs in the Tom Brady vs. NFL case participated in a conference call Thursday night, the latest step toward completing a labor deal between the NFL and its locked-out players in the near future.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
            let free agency begin ....... then training camp
            Who cares as long as we know theres football?
            Originally posted by OpIv37
            You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• jcdavey
              • Dec 2006

it sucks for player evaluations, but if they have to cut some weeks of preseason, i won't shed a tear at all

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Honestly, just get it done. And as jc stated above me, we all were excited for an Alvin Bowen type but I want to see Easely and the new Hombres perform. We could have 22 busts on our side, lets improve, get within playoff contention, and go from there in the next few years.

If they want to whine about their millions, that's their own fault and fingers up their own a$#. I'll continue to work 3 jobs for my fiancee, she will continue to work 2, but since we weren't physically gifted enough to make it to professional level (even though she was a collegiate swimmer and I was a sprinter) we'll trudge on waiting for MY Bills to make a season work. (She's waiting for her Steelers)

We can stay fans, we can do that, but when will these whiny *****s realize that there are MILLIONS of people who make minimum wage, work every week day to provide for their families, and would die for even HALF of what the front office are paid to enjoy on ONE DAY OF THE WEEK, SUNDAY, where their players make millions?

The minority will lose out, aka small market teams, but if these upper middle class idiots would think of the country as a whole, we'd be in much better condition.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                X