• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Detroit to the East?

According to the Grand Rapids Press, Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold said as much on Monday, telling Minneapolis radion station, KFAN that the Wild would be playing in the Central Division against the Jets, Chicago Blackhawks, Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars and possibly the Columbus Blue Jackets. He made no mention of the Detroit Red Wings, which is the team most likely to move the Eastern Conference to accomodate the Jets' move.

Well, if this is true, the Eastern Conference just got more challenging.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Homegrown
    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
    • Jul 2008

Re: Detroit to the East?

meh ..............

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown
      meh ..............
      it means 3 games a year against Detroit instead of Atlanta, plus the possibility of meeting Detroit in the EC playoffs, rather than only having to worry about them if both of us make the finals.

Detroit's one of those teams that always seems to be good- even when they're having an off year, they're not that bad.

I'd rather deal with Atlanta/Winnipeg.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

this year Winnepeg will play in Atlanta's old division until they re-align.
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Thanks for information everybody knew last month

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            it means 3 games a year against Detroit instead of Atlanta, plus the possibility of meeting Detroit in the EC playoffs, rather than only having to worry about them if both of us make the finals.

Detroit's one of those teams that always seems to be good- even when they're having an off year, they're not that bad.

I'd rather deal with Atlanta/Winnipeg.
            if team pegula is getting this right, detroit and buffalo will be big time rivals...again. because we will be building good teams through drafting and key FA acquisitions. and players will want to be here because the team is so good.

possibly short term pains to have a sweet rivalry.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              if team pegula is getting this right, detroit and buffalo will be big time rivals...again. because we will be building good teams through drafting and key FA acquisitions. and players will want to be here because the team is so good.

possibly short term pains to have a sweet rivalry.
              well, I realize things seem to be different under Pegula, but as a longtime Buffalo sports fan, I don't like the idea of new rivalries. Rivalries usually result in us being someone's *****. Hell, even when we win, we still end up short. We got the better of Boston in the regular season but then they won the damn Cup.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

i feel like they wouldnt want to throw off the competitive balance that badly

Comment

• mightysimi
                  Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  i feel like they wouldnt want to throw off the competitive balance that badly
                  How does it throw off the competitive balance? Detroit is not the only good team in the west.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi
                    How does it throw off the competitive balance? Detroit is not the only good team in the west.
                    At the conference level, the West is considered stronger than the East, so trading a below average Eastern team for a strong Western team actually helps the competitive balance.

On a division level, I could see this causing some problems with competitive balance. It certainly weakens the Central Division, and Detroit will most likely be stronger than whoever they displace in the Eastern Conference.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mightysimi
                      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      At the conference level, the West is considered stronger than the East, so trading a below average Eastern team for a strong Western team actually helps the competitive balance.

On a division level, I could see this causing some problems with competitive balance. It certainly weakens the Central Division, and Detroit will most likely be stronger than whoever they displace in the Eastern Conference.
                      Well considering the team would be Winnipeg, there is def a disparity in strength of team.

For now...Go Jets!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X