Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After 20 years away, I'm moving back to Buffalo! And will be hosting a Bills TV show

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

After 20 years away, I'm moving back to Buffalo! And will be hosting a Bills TV show

After many years of thinking about it, trying, and quite frankly making excuses why we CAN'T do it ..... my wife and I have finally made the commitment to move (back, for me) to Buffalo - a place my heart never left.

I am very excited to be coming home.

Of course I'm also sad to be leaving great relationships I've built here in the SW Florida area over the past 16 years as a coach, a teacher, a radio and TV personality, and a friend.

But this is a move I've wanted to make for a long, long time. I always preach to kids I teach and coach that they should never give up on their dreams and goals, never have any regrets in life, and always go for what you want. There are a million excuses NOT to do something. I'm going to practice what I preach and live out my dream and work in the Buffalo sports media and for the very first time in my life, devote myself full-time to my media work.

So, yes, I'll be leaving coaching and teaching and putting every ounce of effort into being the best radio and/or TV personality I can be -- and to do it in Buffalo. Nothing great was ever accomplished by NOT trying!

One of the first things I'll be doing upon my return is hosting the TV show "Out of Bounds" with Bills WR Donald Jones. The show has been running for several years with various Bills as co-hosts. Jones was the co-host last year and will be again this year, along with myself. The show is filmed on location at various WNY restaurants, bars and other businesses, produced by Ghostline Entertainment. It airs on Time Warner Cable each week. Plus we are looking into streaming it on my Justin TV channel (or somewhere else), so everyone can see it, even if you don't live in Buffalo or have Time Warner in Buffalo.

Other than that, as of now, I am basically a media free agent. I do have several possibilities and will be investigating them further. But until something is set in stone, I'll be looking to land a media job in the area. So, if anyone knows (or is) a radio Program Director or a TV news or sports director who is looking for a dedicated, hard-working, passionate about Buffalo individual, I'm here, I'm ready, and I'm going ALL IN!

Also, if anyone owns a bar, restaurant, or other business and would like to either have Out of Bounds filmed in their establishment (where other Bills players sometimes show up and players there do sign autographs and talk with fans, etc) or just advertise on the show, please send me a PM here. I will put you in touch with Brian, the producer of the program.

I'll keep everyone posted on what will happen with my online shows NFL Now! and Buffalo Bills Now! (and coordinated podcasts). We'd like to continue them, but will just have to see where things go and how to do that. The shows WILL both air next week, however. So they haven't gone away as of now. Like I said, I hope to continue to do them.

In the meantime, thank you to everyone here who's always supported me and my shows, and to the Zone and the admins for allowing me to promote them. This place has been a great source of my drive and determination to make this move. Without places like this, the avenue to interact with other Bills fans and about Buffalo itself wouldn't be as great, and of course I wouldn't have been able to get my name and product out there for people to know me. I can't thank you enough for that!!

Also, to be honest, the people who over the years have made remarks such as "mom's basement" and made fun in some way of my hosting an online program (aside from the fact that I actually DO work in "mainstream" radio and TV here in Florida) - YOU have been the BIGGEST source of fuel for me in this move. As a young man who I used to coach used to say, "Those who doubt me, inspire me!" So, thank you, too, for your inspiration!!

Since I'm in the process of the move and things are crazy, I won't be on here as much for the next month or so, but will still be when I can. As soon as things settle down, I'll be back talking Bills football with all of you an, of course, promoting my shows. :)

Thank You!

With apologies to Bart Scott .... "Can't Wait!"
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 07-13-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: After 20 years away, I'm moving back to Buffalo! And will be hosting a Bills TV show

That's great news! Can't wait to meet you at the Bills Zone home opener party and congrats on getting to host that show. That's very cool.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: After 20 years away, I'm moving back to Buffalo! And will be hosting a Bills TV show

Good luck, I think you're a great personality and will thrive in such a setting. Don't hear of many people moving to Buffalo, sounds like you're doing what you've wanted to do; too many people don't do that/are scared to do it, with regards to moving. You'll do great.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Congrats...I have not listened to the podcast yet of yesterday's show. Will you still be doing Buffalo Bills Now?

Circling the Wagons since 1982. T-Long's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Very very happy and exciting news Coach! Would love to work with you more in the future and hopefully work with you at some home games! You are the man!

clumping platelets

ZONE LUNCH

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Awesome news!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is definitely a big gain for Buffalo. Good luck, Sal!
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Awesome! Congratulations, Sal!

By the way.... I want to move back to the area, too, and do the teaching and coaching thing. I'm doing that down here in DC public schools and as soon as my future wife feels good about leaving DC and working in the federal building in Buffalo, we'll be folllowing you back! I'm guessing it's a good 5 years down the road, though!
    Just thought I'd share!
    Good luck!!!

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.weck1230.com/

This is the local radio station that has been growing lately. Brad Riter, a former GR on the air guy is now the program director and is always looking for talent. As a matter of fact, they always have commercials saying how they are the only Buffalo station owned by Buffalo people who are interested in the Buffalo area and they are always looking for talent. They give their number and all kinds of stuff.

Good luck.
    Last edited by chernobylwraiths; 07-13-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths

This is the local radio station that has been growing lately. Brad Riter, a former GR on the air guy is now the program director is always looking for talent. As a matter of fact, they always have commercials saying how they are the only Buffalo station owned by Buffalo people who are interested in the Buffalo area and they are always looking for talent. They give their number and all kinds of stuff.

Good luck.

http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article486405.ece
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths

This is the local radio station that has been growing lately. Brad Riter, a former GR on the air guy is now the program director and is always looking for talent. As a matter of fact, they always have commercials saying how they are the only Buffalo station owned by Buffalo people who are interested in the Buffalo area and they are always looking for talent. They give their number and all kinds of stuff.

Good luck.
    Not anymore (WECK).

Good luck Sal, I am positive we'll hook up-- and who knows.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good luck. That is awesome news.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Congratulations & Good Luck SAl.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Very Cool Sal!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For years I've seen people move away from WNY. It's great to see people move BACK.

Congrats and good luck with the move. Does this mean your moms basement will be available?

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's a sign, the Bills are going to start winning again. New uniforms, new turf, Dareus, and now Coachsal coming back to Buffalo. lol Go Bills... All joking aside, congrats Coach...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Congrats Sal! This is awesome news

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Awesome news Coach, cant wait to watch. I can't wait to move back to Buffalo, I'm a Director at YMCA and there's a few openings I'm looking at in the Buffalo area.