• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Free Agent: Gwen Stefani

We covered Different People with 25AFFAIR it was one of the more fun covers I have played.

Just a girl is probably the only song on that record I skip.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by King Bedard
        I actually really liked the first no doubt record. I know what you're saying about Gwen but that first record was fun and is actually really solid musically, and I dont normally like that So Cal Ska/Rock thing. But the guitar player is really solid the drumming is good, I like it. After that I dont know if I could name one song I liked.

I always liked the song New from the Go soundtrack. And the first album by No Doubt was actually pretty good.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

It almost sounds like some people hate a song as soon as it becomes popular. Same goes for a group.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            It almost sounds like some people hate a song as soon as it becomes popular. Same goes for a group.
            I dont think that's the case here. No Doubts sound definitely changed after the first record.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Really? Why are we wasting time here? 30000.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                gross oversimplification, but it's part of it. As soon as a song gets popular, then it's on every radio station, TV show, commercial, etc and you can't escape it no matter how hard you try. That makes it very easy to get sick of popular songs. American Idiot by Green Day and Hey Ya by Outkast are two perfect examples.

In the case of No Doubt, first, they changed their songs to get more popular. Second, Gwen Stefani left the band and went pure pop. In the punk world, those two things are cardinal sins. And third, some No Doubt songs are so poppy and catchy that they get stuck in my head for days even though I hate them. The rest of her stuff sounds like cats fighting.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Bananas
                  It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Bananas
                    that song makes me want to bash my head against a wall until I either pass out or gray matter starts coming out my nose.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      that song makes me want to bash my head against a wall until I either pass out or gray matter starts coming out my nose.
                      Perfect hate **** material!

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

I used to hang out with sorority chicks at UNH and they lived in a yellow house. This song was on constantly.
                        It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I used to hang out with sorority chicks at UNH and they lived in a yellow house. This song was on constantly.
                          Well that was your first mistake. Anything that happens after that is your own damn fault.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Yea you're right terrible idea to hang out with a pack of hot chicks at 19-20 years old.
                            It was all

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Pic # 1 - $1,000.00
                              Pic # 2 - $-1.00
                              Pic # 3 - $-1,000.00

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Yea you're right terrible idea to hang out with a pack of hot chicks at 19-20 years old.
                                there are plenty of hot chicks who a) aren't part of the elitist Greek system that is essentially just a way of buying friends and b) don't listen to the Bananas song.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X