• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Flash Auction! Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Although Stratton wins in the end because he does get so much time off. I am jealous.
    So am I.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Should have went to College to learn the scam we call teaching.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        Should have went to College to learn the scam we call teaching.
        My wife did go back to school 2 years ago and earned her teaching Masters degree after a business undergrad background.

Unfortunately she was unable to land a teaching job other than a couple of teaching assistants gigs that paid minimum wage so she came back to where we currently work full time.

Since she has come back she has become team lead of her group and has recieved a couple nice promotions and is making good money.

The part that is now killing me is is she now owes like 50k in school debt and will be paying it back until we are old asses. I supported her going for it and still do but it is stinging each month when her loan bill comes in. Hopefully she comes accross a teaching gig at some point!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

My wife did go back to school 2 years ago and earned her teaching Masters degree after a business undergrad background.

Unfortunately she was unable to land a teaching job other than a couple of teaching assistants gigs that paid minimum wage so she came back to where we currently work full time.

Since she has come back she has become team lead of her group and has recieved a couple nice promotions and is making good money.

The part that is now killing me is is she now owes like 50k in school debt and will be paying it back until we are old asses. I supported her going for it and still do but it is stinging each month when her loan bill comes in. Hopefully she comes accross a teaching gig at some point!
          I feel for you Corey. My wife did the same thing. Only problem is she still can't find a job in her field. We've talked about relocation once the kids are out of high school in four years.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by EricStratton
            Since when is 11:30 to late for you all. Put down the XBox controller and corn chips and check the Zone for christ sake.
            With a 14 month old and a pregnant wife... I'm in bed by 11 every night essentially. I also don't really get on here after my wife gets home either though, so I'm unlikely to see anything after about 6pm.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              I feel for you Corey. My wife did the same thing. Only problem is she still can't find a job in her field. We've talked about relocation once the kids are out of high school in four years.
              See we are good in a sense that she never quit her current job and had an altered schedule. She was able to come back full time and like I said was promoted and making good money. I just feel like she is now going to be paying 400+ bucks a month until we are in our 50s for something that wasn't needed.

The only good thing I can see about it would be she has huge flexibility and marketability in multiple fields if needed.

Another good thing is she doesn't have to rush into the wrong situation. She can be picky when looking at teaching jobs.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

See we are good in a sense that she never quit her current job and had an altered schedule. She was able to come back full time and like I said was promoted and making good money. I just feel like she is now going to be paying 400+ bucks a month until we are in our 50s for something that wasn't needed.

The only good thing I can see about it would be she has huge flexibility and marketability in multiple fields if needed.

Another good thing is she doesn't have to rush into the wrong situation. She can be picky when looking at teaching jobs.
                This is kind of like my wife getting her degree in Health Science and then going to Massage Therapy school and becoming a therapist. She "doesn't need" her undergrad to do what she's doing. Though obviously it could come in useful someday.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Same thing here. She still has her job and it is much more solid than before, although the company isn't doing that well.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Wow, seems like the common theme so far has been going to college for a certain field then not getting a job in that field.

Sounds like a bad investment to me.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                      This is kind of like my wife getting her degree in Health Science and then going to Massage Therapy school and becoming a therapist. She "doesn't need" her undergrad to do what she's doing. Though obviously it could come in useful someday.
                      I think it is the true reason why I feel like college in general is a giant scam out side of very specialized fields like drs and lawyers.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Wow, seems like the common theme so far has been going to college for a certain field then not getting a job in that field.

I cant disagree.

I hope someday she uses it though.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

I think it is the true reason why I feel like college in general is a giant scam out side of very specialized fields like drs and lawyers.
                          I agree.
                          And don't they go to specialized schools for that trade?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

What's Clump going to do when Jennifer Love Hewitt is up for bid?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

You would figure it would be easy to find a job in the accounting field, but this IS Buffalo.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

I agree.
                                And don't they go to specialized schools for that trade?
                                It would not be possible to become a doctor, dentist, scientist, lawyer, etc right out of high school. Students who graduate from high school just don't have the scientific basics (for the former) nor the maturity to succeed. Now, if you wanted to talk about an intense two year program (not to be confused with a two year community college degree) that includes college level biology, chemistry, physics, biochemistry, etc which would proceed attendance at a professional school that's a different matter. I still don't recommend it but it would be possible. The four year degree - for those programs - are still the way to go.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X