Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BoB owners

Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 3,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BoB owners

A union we should form. Maybe ***** about a CBA?

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    A union we should form. Maybe ***** about a CBA?
    That's my point.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,432 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan
    Draft? Raising the cap? Setting limits on bids? Who should be in the talent pool?

I'm just trying to have fun with this game and take it to another level of foolishness.

I mean the NFL owners have secret meetings all the time and come up with suggestions for the commisioner.

.......and what if we decide we want to do one of those things and King says eff you?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,923 Times in 4,374 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe we should know the lineup of women coming up. That way we plan our cap accordingly.

Some people might not spend $165k on Winnie if they knew Jennifer Love was eventually going to show up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think all the people that got cards in the trial period should be forced to give them up to be re-auctioned, as they went for prices that are far lower than what the market would have paid.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Maybe we should know the lineup of women coming up. That way we plan our cap accordingly.

Some people might not spend $165k on Winnie if they knew Jennifer Love was eventually going to show up.
    Exactly, which is why you need to think before you bid.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dujek
    I think all the people that got cards in the trial period should be forced to give them up to be re-auctioned, as they went for prices that are far lower than what the market would have paid.

True... but that's their reward for helping me try out the idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here's my thoughts...

Yes, I would like to see more days were multiple girls are up for bid and you can only bid on one (I'm pretty sure I gave King the idea to begin with). But, he's already said that'll happen.

Someone mentioned a "Draft" type thing.... This was my idea:

King could set a fair price... Let's say $35k. Everyone that day, instead of sending in a bid, would PM him with a girl that has not yet been introduced into the game, that they are willing to pay the preset price for. If, at the end of the day, you are the only person that picks that girl, you get her for that price. If multiple people pick the same person, nobody gets her (those that fall into that category could be a sort of a lineup for King for the next auctions, like he did for Gwen Stefani and Danni Boatwright). This would give everyone a chance to get a card at a fair price, but you obviously risk not getting one, if you select someone that is "too popular." It would open up the game a bit, most likley introducing players to girls that other players didn't even know existed.

I think NOT having an idea of who's coming up next is better. It again forces people to spend wisely. The unpredictability of "who's coming up tomorrow?" is part of what makes the game fun and gets people to check in every day.

I think there should be a penalty imposed if someone doesn't pay for a card they won. While it's likely we'll never need to enforce the rule, it's always nice to have something in place, just in case.

As for raising the cap? NO. Just NO! Everyone knew the rules on day 1. If you were too stupid to burn through a good portion of your cap, that's your problem. There's ways to unload the cards... You want to unload a card, you have options. Raising that cap would just allow people to continuously bid high and, in that scenario, the people with the most ZB simply would run away with every auction. On top of that, people that don't have as many ZB would be crying about not having enough and asking King for more ZB all the time. The cap is fine as it is. You want to save cap space? Don't bid so high every day. They don't raise the cap in the middle of any sports season, they do it the NEXT "season," which I assume for us will be next year, assuming King decides to keep it going.

Just my thoughts.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm strongly opposed to a draft. Especially in this first run at the game. Super-celebs like Aniston, Alba, Jolie, Johansen, Biel, Kunis would all be hitting the market at once. Sure some would go to FA but some wouldn't and owning one of those girls at 35K isn't right when you think about how the game has been played. Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.

I will consider a draft after we select the winner from this year as a way to maybe redistribute the pool. But we're a bit off from that happening.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by King Bedard
    I'm strongly opposed to a draft. Especially in this first run at the game. Super-celebs like Aniston, Alba, Jolie, Johansen, Biel, Kunis would all be hitting the market at once. Sure some would go to FA but some wouldn't and owning one of those girls at 35K isn't right when you think about how the game has been played. Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.

I will consider a draft after we select the winner from this year as a way to maybe redistribute the pool. But we're a bit off from that happening.

OK, maybe a modification of my idea above... You set a price, and players send in their girl of choice... If they're the only one to pick her, they win her... Basically just like the above.

Here's the modification: You put out a list beforehand of women that can't be bid on in this scenario. That way, you could put the "super celebs" on that list and players would then know at least you're going to put them up at some time. Maybe you could just say "Nobody on the Maxim Hot 100 is eligible or soemthing... That would cover the "super celebs," I would think.

My issue is, I have a few women in mind that I'm not even sure will be up for auction at all... I'd like to see a way to get them and it might introduce all players to women that they didn't even know about before. I'm sure others have those "little known" women as well that might not even get put up for auction, thus, not being able to be won.

I just want to see a way to get a "diamond in the rough" of sorts. This would also allow everyone to possibly win one card at a reasonable price, which gets more people in the game.

Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.
    I don't have an issue with the "super celebs" that I'm sure will be up... But, what if my girl never even is up for auction? That's what I'm trying to figure out a way to get those kinda women in the game.

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 07-21-2011 at 10:38 AM.

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The game is fine the way it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard

I don't have an issue with the "super celebs" that I'm sure will be up... But, what if my girl never even is up for auction? That's what I'm trying to figure out a way to get those kinda women in the game.

-Bill

Just send me a list of names. I'll get them into the queue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just send me a list of names. I'll get them into the queue.
    I can do that, but it'll be later in the year... When even more morons have burned through the majority of their cap...

-Bill

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Free Agency penalty is the only issue I have. Maybe hit the dumper for 10% instead of 5%.

Otherwise the game is great but this forum should be Bang or Bucks, not BoB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton
    The Free Agency penalty is the only issue I have. Maybe hit the dumper for 10% instead of 5%.

Otherwise the game is great but this forum should be Bang or Bucks, not BoB
    The penalty is a flat 10,000 cap hit. If you use FA your cap drops from 200 to 190. Regardless of the price of the card.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The penalty is a flat 10,000 cap hit. If you use FA your cap drops from 200 to 190. Regardless of the price of the card.

I was talking percentage of your cap. 10000 is 5% or 200000.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

At least I think it is, I'm not a math teacher.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ohhh I thought you were talking on the card value.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, it doesn't really penalize the people who outrageously overbid for someone. That one girl that SabreEleven got for 80,000 only would have cost him 10,000 in cap space. Or if Clump sold his girl back, it would only cost him 10,000 of his cap space (plus not being able to bid for two days). That is why I suggested using the buyback figure as the cap hit. People would really think twice about both bidding too high AND selling back if they knew the cap hit would be so big.

There should not be a raising of the cap figure for the first year. It would screw up everyone's planning if it went way up.

This will sound like *****ing, but there should be a limit of how much you can "buy" someone for. That fact that it is creating some "millionaires" is one thing, but some people "printing" zbs and just giving them out is kind of making the zbs worthless. (I know, ironic) But it is more difficult for those that are closer to the cap to compete with those that have millions.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree 100% cher.... I did not want Historian dishing out cash the way he did. It definitely screwed up the value of ZB's which I was trying to bring back.

People needed a donation of 100,000 and they got 1 MIL.