Bills Waiting For Todays 4pm Waiver/Cut List ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Bills Waiting For Todays 4pm Waiver/Cut List ?

The available talent list, already lengthy, will increase dramatically later today.

I would have to think the Bills will then sign some talent, maybe waiting for some specific players.

Either that or Ralph found a great short term rate on a jumbo cd.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Bills Waiting For Todays 4pm Waiver/Cut List ?

Bills will definitely be active this evening. Might even overpay a player or two so we can get to the salary floor.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

God I hope so. Tyler Thigpen just isn't doing it for me when big big names are flying around the league.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I would like a quality ILB, OT, and TE. That, along with Thigpen, would represent a very successful FA class for me.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Let's put this another way.

March Free Agency sees the silly $$ being spent the first couple of days, then everything calming down for a couple days after. The next week, signings start coming in at more realistic terms.

Poz supposedly got 45 Mil for 6 years. (insane) The Santonio Holmes contract and those Carolina signings were just nuts, in term of $ amounts.

Now a unique situation arises today where the market will be flooded with players needing to sign quickly. Yes, many bums but many others with talent who had high cap numbers and were victims of depth at their position with that given team.

The shelves were half empty 2 days ago. Now they will be crammed with talent, come 4 today and you won't be paying 45 Mil for average talent.

Let's see what the Bills do.
          Last edited by Night Train; 07-28-2011, 05:06 AM.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

We're bottom feeders waiting for all the big names to be signed, so we can go ahead, and sign our usual WTF is that.

Get your Google ready cause it's gonna be real busy next week.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

The $$$ being spent is unreal....
              Charles friggin Johnson was laughing on the radio yesterday with all the $$ Carolia gave him.....
              POZ getting that $$$ for a soft LB that makes tackles 10 yards down field...
              Weddle getting $8 mill per...
              If we get Clabo it will prob be in the $7 mill per range.....

There will be a ton of cuts today.....
              That will help level out the $$
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

The bills are doing what they do best. Crunching the season ticket numbers, and the parking revenues and then seeing if spending another couple million will generate buzz.

Don't forget, this team just issued new jerseys and has a highly touted #3 player on the team.

Factor that all in and they are hitting revenue budgets as expected. Why the hell try and win when losing is so profitable.

Again, i'm not angry that Poz is gone, but i am annoyed that they seemingly have no answers or plan

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  The bills are doing what they do best. Crunching the season ticket numbers, and the parking revenues and then seeing if spending another couple million will generate buzz.

Don't forget, this team just issued new jerseys and has a highly touted #3 player on the team.

Factor that all in and they are hitting revenue budgets as expected. Why the hell try and win when losing is so profitable.

Again, i'm not angry that Poz is gone, but i am annoyed that they seemingly have no answers or plan
                  I think that you are wrong in assuming that there is no plan. I think the fact that the plan hasn't lived up to your expectations is the real problem, and your expectations may be unfair.

I am also waiting for the the big move, so I am with you in your anxiety. The names that are flying around right now are not necessarily players we were going to get, or wanted. They are all the players that are getting overpaid, and that is not what we are looking for.

At the end of the day, I feel that we will come out of this just fine

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Is today the day that Nick Barnett gets released? I'll gladly take him!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus

Trap, the good news is, even if your premise is true - but I think it is not - teams have to spend at least 90% of the cap (and it may be more per some arcane formula). We may HAVE to spend another $15M or so to even get to that level, and another $10M or more to hit the cap.

So I'm looking for another 2 or 3 quality free agents.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

it will be very interesting to see who hits the market....

but teams releasing players are also freeing up money to sign players.

However the over abundant negativity makes no sense... Nix said we would rebuild via the draft and signing our own.... the plan has not changed... Poz leaving for $7 million and a 4-3 was unavoidable, but the over all consensus was Poz was good but wasn't THAT good....

I expect some signings but until the Bills are a genuine playoff contender were not going to attract many if any top end FA's and the only way we will become contenders is to take the tortoise approach of slow and steady rebuilding.... Going for broke and over paying 2 or 3 highend FA's to appease the fans would probably set the team back in the long run at this point of the this rebuild project. Overpaying for 10 year veterans is also not a very good plan for this young team.

I expect the Bills to find OL and LB help and I'm hoping we're making a solid move for a TE as well. Then I hope we get proactive on some our 2012 FA's

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Looking forward to tonight. I expect the Bills to make themselves better. Which isn't saying much.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                            I think that you are wrong in assuming that there is no plan. I think the fact that the plan hasn't lived up to your expectations is the real problem, and your expectations may be unfair.
                            This is the problem: Last year, at the end of FA, we added no one who made us significantly better. All we did was replace a couple of journeyman 4-3 guys with some journeyman 3-4 guys, and piss money away on Cornell Green.

So far, this year looks like the same thing. The Bills continuously neglect trades and FA as a method for improvement. Meanwhile, the Jets and Patriots, who are already much better than us, continue to add talent. Hell, even the Fish added Orton and Reggie Bush, and while they're still far from being contenders, they're better than they were 2 days ago.

This FO hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. When it looks like they are falling back on old habits, you can't blame people for saying they don't have a plan. The onus is on the FO. Until they prove that they have a plan and take some action to improve via FA, then it is unreasonable for fans to assume there is a plan.

And before anyone uses the "you can't buy a championship- look at the Redskins" argument, I'm not talking about going out there and grabbing every FA on the market. I just want to see one or two positions improved via FA. That's it.
                            Last edited by OpIv37; 07-28-2011, 10:56 AM.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

You can't build only through the draft in this day in age. Ralph and Buddy need to get with the times and sign some talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X